Welcome to Inkbunny...
Allowed ratings
To view member-only content, create an account. ( Hide )
Dragon You Over - page 57
« older newer »
kitsuneyoukai
kitsuneyoukai's Gallery (727)

Dragon You Over - page 58

Dragon You Over - CMC - Page 1

Medium (920px wide max)
Wide - use max window width - scroll to see page ⇅
Fit all of image in window
set default image size: small | medium | wide
Download (new tab)
Dragon You Over - page 57
Dragon You Over - CMC - Page 1
Dialogue / Script / Panel layout by :
elderflowerpudding
elderflowerpudding
or twilightstormshi
---
This comic is continued and added to by donations! consider donating! :b
https://inkbunny.net/journalview.php?id=36797
---
i would of posted yesturday, but i saw kitchan was gonna be doing that update, so i postponed it alittle, and adding more even more details, all of yesterday i was background crafting the hell outta this page x.x. hope it was worth it/people care! :b
(like i could of just straight up copy pasted the library shot, but tracing it and making sure its colored my way makes it match better so its less jarring to see. =T)

also, didnt stream since i wanted this to be more of a surprise =b
---
DONT FORGET TO VISIT KITCHAN.COM!
https://inkbunny.net/journalview.php?id=71166 <-what its about
http://www.kitchan.org/ <-or just go!

Keywords
male 757,733, female 636,314, dragon 96,433, pony 78,418, mlp 53,276, my little pony 47,440, unicorn 20,608, my little pony friendship is magic 18,815, pegasus 14,996, baby 12,195, mlp:fim 10,130, earth pony 8,703, mlpfim 6,697, hug 6,261, unicorn pony 5,604, pegasus pony 5,126, mlp fim 4,736, my little pony: friendship is magic 4,354, rainbow 4,067, chest 3,130, egg 2,824, necklace 2,574, books 701, library 447, tiara 296, hatching 123, telescope 55, group hug 14, elements of harmony 8, statuette 5, dragoncorn 2
Details
Type: Comic
Published: 6 years, 11 months ago
Rating: General

MD5 Hash for Page 1... Show Find Identical Posts [?]
Stats
14,848 views
201 favorites
147 comments

BBCode Tags Show [?]
 
Anailaigh
6 years, 11 months ago
@__@

SAY WHUT?!
NotAvailableToView
6 years, 11 months ago
BABY!!!!!!!
Ouros
6 years, 11 months ago
WHAT? XD
kitsuneyoukai
6 years, 11 months ago
what about what? =l did everyone forget about the egg?
Ouros
6 years, 11 months ago
Actually... no! That's what I am asking about:"What egg? Where does it come from? How?" XD
Redfang111
6 years, 11 months ago
Back at the start of the comic Twilight turned into a small dragon like Spike, things happened and Twilight laid some eggs, Celestia took all but one, and that one just hatched owo
Ouros
6 years, 11 months ago
Oh! Jeez yeah I totally forgot about that! D: :$ Thanks for the reminder!
Redfang111
6 years, 11 months ago
No problem mate.
therinm
6 years, 11 months ago
LatinoOso1965
6 years, 11 months ago
go back when Twilight changed her self to a female dragon in which she got pregnant by spike and laid alot of eggs in which celestia took the rest leaving that one here at the library. i hope this explains everything i read all the chapter up to this point.
TheDragonEmperor
6 years, 11 months ago
Sweet Luna! The baby is here! And a kirin from the looks of things!
GothGuru
6 years, 11 months ago
" TheDragonEmperor wrote:
Sweet Luna! The baby is here! And a kirin from the looks of things!

Dragacorn. A Kirin is a separate creature from the orient.
BlazeHeartPanther
5 years, 9 months ago
Or a Unigon?
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
qílín/kirin are hooved and quadrupedal... not to mention part of eastern culture whereas this comic is part of western culture =P
beirirangu
6 years, 11 months ago
am I the only person (besides the artist) that remembered they kept one of their eggs?
ScavengingOtter
6 years, 11 months ago
i think its more so you're the only one who understands what is happening.
ThunderSnow88
6 years, 11 months ago
I remembered.  In the prequel
Shippo
6 years, 11 months ago
I remember!! ^^
Guilmon1fan
6 years, 11 months ago
I also remember when this was a porn comic.......*sigh*
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
i have to keep reminding people that it's gonna be sex all the way from the next page to the end, which is page 65. =P
whitepawrolls
6 years, 11 months ago
I remembered the egg....and the way Celestia was grinning like something evil threw the window when it was laid :D
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
i've been trying to resist saying this since you commented, but... your icon's pretty hot =3
whitepawrolls
6 years, 11 months ago
hehe thanks. I couldn't resist getting one once I saw them and LOVE it :D
Vinylshadow
6 years, 11 months ago
please stop distracting me from the story @w@
whitepawrolls
6 years, 11 months ago
Never! Muahahaha :D
AJtheDogWolf
6 years, 11 months ago
I remembered the egg and now I can say "Spike Jr is born!!!" Did the egg happened to get bigger or is it perspective because it is closer to us?
Also, the chest powah!
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
Pretty sure it is the perspective. I seriously doubt that twilight layed an egg that is bigger then herself. Even if she was a dragon then!
AJtheDogWolf
6 years, 11 months ago
Ok just wondering. I thought the egg grew with the dragon as it got bigger.
brassmonkey101
6 years, 11 months ago
It has its mother's eyes.
TheStrangerr
6 years, 11 months ago
And horn as well!
GilPix
6 years, 11 months ago
...and her mane/spines color
susanreid34
6 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, but it has its father's ears...so, there's that....
MooseJam
6 years, 11 months ago
WHADAF.......?!?!?
Kuto
6 years, 11 months ago
lol, the babies face
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
lol, at TWILIGHT's face! in that same panel xD
DarkTailskp
6 years, 11 months ago
Wow...um why did the Elements hatched his egg? XD But nice everypony forgave him!

EDIT:Also the Elements was under the floor why?
heropie
6 years, 11 months ago
i think it came shooting out of the basement than under the floor lol
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
" DarkTailskp wrote:
Wow...um why did the Elements hatched his egg? XD

Mitsozuka is correct here =3

" DarkTailskp wrote:
EDIT:Also the Elements was under the floor why?

heropie is correct above =3
Artixvonkrigor
6 years, 11 months ago
nightpack
6 years, 11 months ago
how you write such good stories
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
thank you very much ^^

lots of practice

and i never stop trying to improve.
Coop
6 years, 11 months ago
Spikes a daddy
DethStryke
6 years, 11 months ago
Oh, fuck yeah. So much win.
Mitsozuka
6 years, 11 months ago
LOL!

Friendship is Magic!  Magic enough to hatch the dragon egg! xD
LexiTheFox
6 years, 11 months ago
EGG? what page was that one?
kitsuneyoukai
6 years, 11 months ago
way back near the start, page 4 =l
sedkitty
6 years, 11 months ago
I did not see that one coming.
heropie
6 years, 11 months ago
i hope its a girl. every fan version of spike kid is always a guy. also what if celestia finds out?
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
we'll reveal the sex of the baby on the next page =U

celestia wanted them to keep one of the eggs and have a family. you can tell because she saw spike hiding one of the eggs on page 5 but acted like she didn't notice and still only took the eggs that twilight gave her. look at the direction of celestia's gaze in page 5, panel 3. it's strictly to celestia's benefit to let them raise a family as well. not only does it make her "star pupil" and her assistant happy and more responsible; it helps make sure there will be more eggs in the future because the baby will grow up and mate with other dragons as well, probably.
GothGuru
6 years, 11 months ago
" twilightstormshi wrote:
we'll reveal the sex of the baby on the next page =U

celestia wanted them to keep one of the eggs and have a family. you can tell because she saw spike hiding one of the eggs on page 5 but acted like she didn't notice and still only took the eggs that twilight gave her. look at the direction of celestia's gaze in page 5, panel 3. it's strictly to celestia's benefit to let them raise a family as well. not only does it make her "star pupil" and her assistant happy and more responsible; it helps make sure there will be more eggs in the future because the baby will grow up and mate with other dragons as well, probably.

That egg isn't the prophisized Dragacorn who will unite the dragons and ponies against the monsters led by the Wyverns in the coming battle. I suggested that one will be Firebrand. His horn will ignite right after his birth or hatching. Noone on Deviant arts has done any art on this idea yet. Sigh.
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
are you channeling brian jacques?
GothGuru
6 years, 11 months ago
" twilightstormshi wrote:
are you channeling brian jacques?

Not sure, but I've read Redwall, LotR, and played many versions of D&D.
LordTora
6 years, 11 months ago
ROFLMAO!
heropie
6 years, 11 months ago
btw do the others know about the egg? i think you never said anything about that.
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
the other mares? i never explicitly said whether they do or not. i meant to =/ anyway, if they didn't know before, they know now. =P
baconjk
6 years, 11 months ago
dafuq?!
thecooler
6 years, 11 months ago
and then... this.....
Drakkon
6 years, 11 months ago
When a dragon is born, a wizard gains his powers.  When a dragon is killed, so to is a wizard.

Food for thought.
PandaStorm
6 years, 11 months ago
So, THAT'S why there are no Wizards! (No dragons!)
AlduinsChewtoy
6 years, 11 months ago
Aw..... I was hoping it would turn into Red Eyes Black Dragon or something. XD
surdur
6 years, 11 months ago
Does any1 notice that the baby dragon has a HORN!?!
Radiaction
6 years, 11 months ago
baby :D
JustAGuy
6 years, 11 months ago
I can't wait until the next page. ;)
RainbowDash09
6 years, 11 months ago
Wow... I'm excited but at the same time i'm sad cause it's gonna end soon =l
Juria316
6 years, 11 months ago
Babies! :D
shadowfox79
6 years, 11 months ago
* Creative Writer Side Note and Head Cannon *
 
We All know Celestia is the evil one Right ?? .. and Luna is actually the suppressed good pony who knows her secret but is being bullied by her sister to never tell anypony about it or else its back to the moon...  or worse...

(This quandary started with the Theory of History being written by the victors and since Celestia was the victor in her fight with Luna  there by sending her to the moon back in the day dot dot dot... )

Has Anypony Actually Ever seen Luna smile even once ?? and i do mean a full on Pinky Pie Smile that needs the Squeak sound effect just to show how big a smile it is ?..  ..

Hmmm Maybe this could be a part 2 sub-plot   .. Title  "Hooves on the moon, a smile in your heart"

* sub note * Maybe its just me but i think Celestia can be quite creepy when she smiles sometimes..
It's one of those smiles that makes you go,
Uhmm Ok what did I do wrong and do i need to prepare for the hoofing i'm gonna get.

Since she just radiates " I'm the one in power and you know it Muwhahaha " compared to Luna's more docile demeanor..  
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
I tought that kind of look is a special power to almost EVERY woman,be it pony or human female. Twilight had similar one earlier in the comic. Even fluttershy has her stare. So I don't see how on Celestia it is more special then on any other female.
BossHoss1
6 years, 11 months ago
Great Scott! ^_^
Nidon5
6 years, 11 months ago
I'm sorry but I'm drunk and have no idea what the fuck is going on. I'll read it tomorrow... Maybe.
Relica
6 years, 11 months ago
I notice that RD in the second panel has an extra joint, still very nice, power of friendship hatch the egg
shadowfox79
6 years, 11 months ago
Wow good eye, and yes legs shouldn't bend like that .... uhmm calling creative artistic freedom or dashy made a booboo .. we all know how dashy is.. that little silly filly always straining something in her pursuit for speed and winning
whitepawrolls
6 years, 11 months ago
Yea even in the tv series they have the legs doing all kinds of crazy things if you notice. Its just one of those things :)
Qwazzy
6 years, 11 months ago
... huh.
nightpack
6 years, 11 months ago
ive tried to write stories but i am never pleased with the results. if i land this job im deff gonnadonate and commision somthing(if its not to much trouble)
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
thank you very much for planning to donate <3 we always appreciate even the thought and attention.

as for commissions, i address that here
Fleetpaw
6 years, 11 months ago
nice
animecraze
6 years, 11 months ago
i thought that twilight's leg was spike's leg and that spike was laying back with all his mares.(like hugh hefner)
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
*looks again* lolololololol that's fantastic XD
ruink
6 years, 11 months ago
look at the dragon chick.... honestly, I say it's about time.

on the other hand, it doesn't surprise me that the elements of magic hatched this chick, especially since Twi's magic hatched Spike.  magical hatchings run in the family ^_^
KaoticImp
6 years, 11 months ago
TASTE THE RAINBOW, MOTHAFUCKERS!!


lol, jk
byter
6 years, 11 months ago
Awww, great sentiment up until 3rd panel. ... Oh look Season 3 finale level writing afterwards... (that isn't good).

To which I'll say this: Exposition (in any form) should lead to satisfying resolution.

Or to be more clear:
Using the elements at this point, is like waving a magic wand (of resolution). And the way it was presented, it was a magic wand, without warning or clear meaning to the audience (no/little exposition leading into 'this' magical resolution).

Waving a magic wand, at this point, isn't rewarding storytelling. Characters resolving conflicts and interacting is (because the story about this conflict and here's where we finally resolve said conflict).

The elements are best, when used as a proactive magguffin. They are amulets for a reason (to be worn, in preparation for their function). They are only used to 'defeat' NMM & Discord. Adding in extra, unexplained powers to the EOH*, that are triggered by hitherto unknown triggers, isn't good storytelling. It's contrived** storytelling.

The M5 go from arguing to hugging in 4 panels (3 of them here, where they had already changed their minds), each had their own complex conflicts and interests. This is the resolution to their conflict, and it should be given the appropriate time to come out to the audience.

I wanted more time to understand 'why' they came together rather than 'what' random magical spell this created... because the story was more about the M6+Spike and that'd make for a more rewarding resolution (rather than Baby dragons (or Trollestia's plans for making baby dragons...?)).

*EoH=Elements of Harmony
**Contrived in the sense. That these powers are pulled out of nowhere for the audience. (i.e. not enough exposition for the resolution)
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
i completely disagree. the egg is only here because it's been a loaded gun sitting onstage since the beginning of the comic. even if i were to agree with you and admit that the hug is a badly implemented deus ex machina, it in itself is the entire resolution. the elements hatching the egg is simply an effect of the resolution.

i say this because i also completely disagree with your interpretation of the elements. if you look at them as simple talismans of power rather than symbols, they lose all meaning. rather than "season 3 writing," what i wrote is consistent with what the show has done since the very first plot episode:

1. present a conflict by example;
2. show the ponies having trouble resolving that conflict; and
3. show the ponies resolving that conflict using what they've learned during the times when they had trouble resolving it, i.e. the moral of the episode.

that third step is where the elements come in as a symbol of what the mane six have learned. one might go so far as to say, owing to the principles of magical realism (which, i think, one would have a pretty hard time arguing this show doesn't subscribe to!), that the elements only function after the necessary morals have been internalized by their users. in other words, the mane six realizing the moral is the resolution; then, the elements come after the resolution as a physical manifestation of the moral. since the moral is internalized in the resolution, they can't come before.

with nightmare moon, the mane six made their way through the everfree forest, each learning about her own strengths and about trusting in the others' strengths, physically and metaphorically getting into danger when they don't trust. then twilight makes a speech invoking said trust before the elements turn nightmare moon back into luna.

with discord, the mane six all get turned against each other and have to learn how to see through confusion, physically and metaphorically finding their way through a labyrinth. they have to find their ways back to each other before they can use the elements to turn discord back into a statue.

with queen chrysalis, five of the mane six are fooled into turning against twilight, physically and metaphorically being separated from her when twilight gets thrown into captivity. they have to accept twilight's thinking before they can use the elements to defeat chrysalis.

*i'd include examples from season 3, but they're not relevant if you think that season 3 just sucked.

just like in the show, the elements are waiting the whole time to become active, but they can only function, physically and metaphorically, once the mane six come back together--like they did on this page. so i believe you have the causality reversed. i could technically have left out the elements here; but, just like the show would be, this comic would have been weakened if i had done so.

your complaint in light of all this becomes about how kit and i didn't properly lead you into the resolution due to pacing and space issues, etc: something a lot of people have already complained about. even if i'd left out the part with the elements and egg, the panels that would have freed up wouldn't have been enough extra space to have given you the kind of drawn-out resolution you wanted. i overreached, and what you're seeing is the manifestation of a problem that's been waiting to happen since the beginning of the comic not one isolated to this page. so... i'll say that i'm sorry the resolution doesn't impress you... but there's nothing really i can learn from your criticism since i've already thought it out fully.
byter
6 years, 11 months ago
“ the egg is only here because it's been a loaded gun sitting onstage since the beginning of the comic.”
 If that is so, then only 1 panel was used to express to the audience that the egg was around. The level of exposition for the egg being onstage is very low (well 1 panel, a while ago, I would argue isn’t prevalent forsahdowing...). 1 panel isn’t enough of a hook to derive meaningful resolution.

“i completely disagree...even if i were to agree with you and admit that the hug is a badly implemented deus ex machina”
My point was indeed it was ‘a badly implemented deus ex machina’ device. But you don’t address that, rather you try to establish how the elements work... I think the supposed operation and claims you make about it aren’t as set in stone as you’d like to think. That it’s a matter of interpretations &  headcannon, and if you are going to use it. You’re better off explaining how the elements work in your own story.

“it in itself is the entire resolution. the elements hatching the egg is simply an effect of the resolution.”
Ok... how, or what does this relate to my points? The ‘effect’ it does, I actually said I didn’t care for. All that mattered was the interactions. I stated that this ‘effect’, is something that I; an audience member; didn’t care for...(see exposition and  resolution points above)
Related quote: “I wanted more time to understand 'why' they came together rather than 'what' random magical spell this created... (or Trollestia's plans for making baby dragons...?)).”

The rest is a matter of head-cannon regarding the elements function.  I simply argued that the EOH is a ‘magic wand’. Thematically 1 & 2 mattered to the audience, and 3; the resolution; was always the weakest part of the show. Basically they press a button and win, because they’ve gone through an arc, doesn’t strictly mean that the elements are powered of said arc, merely that they had an arc and that they could use the elements at the end.
They (EoH) could just be ‘empathic weapons’ our ‘our colours combined’ or an entity on their own right.
What we can say is this:
a) They, in amulet form, need to be worn to be used. This comic doesn’t do this.
b) The elements required a conscious effort to use. They had to ‘want’ to use the elements. This comic has it do stuff on its own, and from a distance.
c) The elements change form to allow them to be used by the M6. Amulets are to be worn. If the elements are to do this new function, then they should probably change form also. They didn’t, instead they stayed amulets despite amulets were a transformation so that they could be ‘worn’.
These points combined (a-d and above ambivalence or lack of meaning in magical mechanics) is why I said: “Season 3 finale level writing” (in regards to magic stuff going on)
Emphasis on ‘finale’.
Therefore:  “*i'd include examples from season 3, but they're not relevant if you think that season 3 just sucked.”  Isn’t applicable (I think) to what I originally said.

To conclude. I argue that this comic was ‘about’ Spike and his interactions with the M6. The resolution (and effects) should be about/around their relationships and conflicts.
In the show, the conflict was caused by an antagonist or villain, thusly using the EoH was fine to resolve said conflict (given that the EoH were just a mugguffin).
Whist here, and in the finale. They try to make the powers of the EoH not follow on from the conflict or interactions taking place. Making the ‘effects’ feel more contrived because there’s no proper exposition leading into said effects.
Everyone forgiving Spike doesn't feel like a natural resolution to the (day or few?) old egg being hatched (that was shown as kinda being still around in 1 panel).

Also yeh (other little explained things). Spike/egg being hatched wasn't via the EoH before. Also when was the EoH established as being there? Also how did the chest rise & open
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
" byter wrote:
“ the egg is only here because it's been a loaded gun sitting onstage since the beginning of the comic.”
 If that is so, then only 1 panel was used to express to the audience that the egg was around. The level of exposition for the egg being onstage is very low (well 1 panel, a while ago, I would argue isn’t prevalent forsahdowing...). 1 panel isn’t enough of a hook to derive meaningful resolution.
...

You really don't know how surprises work, do you? They aren't SUPPOSED to be known or tought about before they ACTUALLY happen.
You do argue a lot of things. So would I. I argue the comic isn't finished yet and you don't know how that egg will further impact the group and the story the next pages, do you? And to me and seems a lot of other people the egg hatching was quite significant of a surprise/turn of events that it didn't need much other explanation to be a prevalent thing. It is after all the product of friendship and love. And to me it seems that it is at least one of the points in the comic. If not most of them...
byter
6 years, 11 months ago
A 'good' surprise, could be Cysisy or Pinkie's knoledge/talent in Swarm of the century.

However, this twist, I don't care for, nor does it make sense beyond magic doing whatever the writer wants it to.

There was no tension or reward in this twist. There's no tension or release or even much importance to this reveal... it's just meh and bland-poor storytelling..

A wizard waving his wand, will result in a surprise spell happening, it may even happen because he's proficient at spell casting... but when he does this otta nowhere and with little reason. It's still just a meaningless act... (in this case, it's otta no-where, incorrectly performed, out of normal function and results in something unrelated...)
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
i understood your point and disagreed with it XD i didn't need a refresher course.
byter
6 years, 11 months ago
1st off. I was responding to someone else... who kept misunderstanding what I said. Re-affirming my position, would help clarify for him... (it was aimed at him not you...)

You disagreed with it yes. But haven't addressed my systematic rebuttle to your counter argument. The rebuttle... is above.

Also what is the meaning of the link? Are you addressing your own feelings or mine?
If it is you... fine(?)
If it is a charactization of me. Then that is slanderous or incorrect charactization*.

*I have shown and explained how and why poor storytelling (in certain regards), can cause me to be apathetic to this plot twist. When we talk matters of headcannon, I show that your interpretation (of EoH) isn't set in stone and is incorrect in some regards...

In some regard, whilst you might personally like this angle.   I, with reasons do not.
If you wish to debate it, fine. I will/have do(ne) so. I have defended my reasoning, and tried to produce cogent argument. In regards to my own position and actual cannon.
Otherwise, just appreciate that I can hold my position for logical reasons, and move on...
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
i wish i could move on, but you keep responding with these huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge messages XD so i'll stop if you will
byter
6 years, 11 months ago
Yeh, you aren't really trying or discussing anything with me at this point... "i wish i could move on," seemingly describes your attitude from after your 1st response (which I could claim 'was' long, particularly compared to latter replies).

My objective to debate my points intelligently does thusly seem mute, given your lack of proper reciprocation...

So sure. You don't have to reply to this comment. I wish you just 'said' you weren't interested from the start, rather than making spurious arguments* for all this time.

*I can show where you were proably spurious/similar. In an incredibly long analysis if you want. :p
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
sure, go ahead XD cuz each retardedly long comment you make makes you look worse and me look better. i said you had a point, i listened, i disagreed with your interpretation. so sorry about that last part, but what more do you want than the first two parts? :|
byter
6 years, 11 months ago
As above. My goal isn't some popularity contest. It was debate.
Also, I don't see how they are "retardedly long" (please demonstrate how they have this property, by whatever you mean by it).
Your language isn't clear on what you mean on each of the 'parts', please clarify.
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
So what you are saying is, the Elements of HARMONY, can ONLY be used for battle, to fight two specific things. They don't have or can't have any other non violent or magical purposes that have not been discovered or used previously?
Also about the "waving a magic wand" for resolution thing.
I beg to differ... It's waving a "magic chest" in this case. :P
This is after all ... My little pony: friendship is MAGIC.
NOT My little pony: friendship is an exact SCIENCE.

You can't complain about using a magical/surprise resolution to a magical comic...
IDK about you but a magical solution to a magical comic is quite rewarding for me...
If anything ... it needed even more magic!!!
byter
6 years, 11 months ago
What I said that they 'were' (only) used to defeat baddies, because that's how the elements 'were' used in their stories... They had only one utility until the finale, and even now both utilities (that are kinda established) isn't what happened here. It (what happened here) is a new utility.

And why do you think or imply that I want: "My little pony: friendship is an exact SCIENCE."
If you read my comment I said:  "Exposition (in any form) should lead to satisfying resolution." In any form is a very loose requirement, something an exact science certainly isn't (therefore showing your strawman, as false).

Also, how do you know the chest is magical? The rainbows are emanating from the elements (which I claim are the source of the magic, or they would appear to be).
Also, you know that when I say "magic wand" I don't mean an actual wand? I use it as cultural shorthand for a physical magical amplifier that can do many things... or in other times (when I mention 'waving it') the effects it creates.

You just want magic at every turn?  "it needed even more magic!!!"
An interesting and odd viewpoint. Is any addition of magic an improvement? Or the point of the show? I'd argue you've missed the point. That unicorns exist and thusly can perform magic isn't the point of the show... imagine if there was no magic, it'd be blander but PP, R,AJ,FS & R could all practically be the same people thematically with little loss.
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
Perhaps my slightly sarcastic responce was not clear enough for which I apologize, or I did not make my point clear enough, for which I also apologize.
When I ment that you think MLP is science, I was not refering to expositions, resolutions or anything like that. I was refering to the fact that several times you say the elements only have the few powers that have been shown in the show and they can't have any other hidden and/or unexplored magical properties that were not in the show. Which is what science will most likely do...
Also about the chest/wand...
I know exactly what you mean by "magic wand" and that is a metaphor. Mine was as well... So you can use metaphors, but I can't?

Also I never said magic was the point in the comic or the only point there is. But you said it yourself... If there is no magic it would be blander... It does not apply ONLY for the show. I recon it would spice up a porno comic as well...
byter
6 years, 11 months ago
My point in general, is that in the scene where everyone forgives one another and are happy, didn't really need and was confusing in its addition of the Elements doing their nonsense...

The elements could have other functions, but pulling them out of your arse isn't effective storytelling.

The effect the elements had, could've been anything at this point... and the dragon egg foreshadowing is weak source.

As for the chest stuff. I didn't say you couldn't use it. I merely explained and justified my own usage of the term.
Your point seemed to be a pedanic one to me, so if we're being pedantic, I only wanted to mention that the 'chest' itself probably isn't magical, that the elements are the magical things... that doesn't mean you can't call it a magic chest. Unless you are actually claiming the chest itself is magical.

The distinction about magic. Is that if it's some grand effect or resolution without suitable build up or understanding, then it doesn't make for good storytelling. Because you can do anything with magic, and in a story where anything goes, there's nothing to look forward to or feel happy about resolving...

I'd argue that this story was different from others, in so far as. In others Twi/something performs a spell, and we have a mindless orgy... we've got magic, a reason and our final result: porn.
This story however seemed to want to tell a character story. In this case ending it all of with bull magic, whether it results in an orgy or not, is dissodant from the direction the story was telling.

Why bother with all that drama and conflict, if it's resolved in a quick turn around and it was all was basically a plot device to make a dragon baby pop out?
I want to (or prefer to) see a good conclusion to our leads personal stories. Not a new character to distract us in a quick, arbitrary turn around..
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
I need to stop reading your comments. My head is starting to hurt from facepalming. This whole thing started because Celestia wanted more eggs so the students can practice using magic to hatch them from what I understand. And now all of a sudden... The egg being hatched with magic is a bad plot device? Or you just dislike it being hatched unexpectedly by the magic of the elements instead of some pupil hatching it using magic from their horn? Are the horns a stupid plot device in the show too? Or they are fine because they are on the head of the ponies and not inside a magical chest with very powerful magical elements beyond most conventional comprehensions?
byter
6 years, 11 months ago
It's not that complex. Arbitrary (and incorrectly done) waves of the hypothetical magic wand. Is going to leave some people apathetic.

Your constant misunderstandings and miscommunications probably didn't  help with your own facepalming... 'man this guy I don't understand is saying so much silly stuff!'
weeeman
6 years, 11 months ago
Am I the only one who thinks the art is good, but the story is terrible?
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
nope.
brassmonkey101
6 years, 11 months ago
It's so-so with me. Great artwork, ok story but both factors look like alot of work was put into it so I can respect that.
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
PinkPony21
6 years, 11 months ago
It's a drag-acorn!
patec
6 years, 11 months ago
So, what happened in my mind is:
The elements decided they didn't want to be part of this fucked up of a world anymore and just left.
Poor baby has no idea what it just gotten itself into...
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
ah, now the haters come out. i relish this time of the week, i really do XD
weeeman
6 years, 11 months ago
That is how we roll.
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
your name says it all, wee man ^^
Sanki12
6 years, 11 months ago
I'm not the only one who think WTF??? THE BABY DRAGON HAVE A HORN???
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
Ya, I know! Almost as if it's mother was a dragon with a horn too, right?..
...Oh, wait! She was!!! You just need to go back to the beginning of the comic to see it. xD
Sanki12
6 years, 11 months ago
I know she was a dragon... i have been watching this comic since the start. but it's still wired.
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
Ya, but I went back to check to make sure. She DID have the horn in dragon form as well, so it would have actually been strange if the baby DIDN'T have the horn as well!!!

Or you mean the horn should grow later and not from hatching. I am not sure if that is how things normally work. I think for example .. babies have nails at birth or am I wrong? I am not sure about that. Plus things are probably even messier because these are magical dragons/ponies.
ArchieOtterdog
6 years, 11 months ago
When that purple dragon grows up, it's gonna have some amazing powers.

In the meantime, it looks like Spike and Twilight will have to tell the others about the baby dragon and how it belongs to them. Not to mention coming up with a name for the little one.
Sanki12
6 years, 11 months ago
It could happen.
KeryoWolfe
6 years, 11 months ago
d'awwwwwwwwwwwKRSGHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

*dies from diabeetus*
Pepperbutt
6 years, 11 months ago
Yay! The Egg from page 5! I was wondering when it would come back into play!
Blackpaw
6 years, 11 months ago
DADDY!
ZozanTheDragon
6 years, 11 months ago
This comic is SO EPIC!!! Lovely drawings, I LOVE this!
midnight66
6 years, 11 months ago
oh so that's why. a dragoncorn!
LordTora
6 years, 11 months ago
... and that's the story of how you were born.
RaveRaptor
6 years, 11 months ago
I'm going to go to bed now.
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
sleep well ^^
KonaNosune
6 years, 11 months ago
Well... Lets see final sex scenes next scene so... We have all the mane 6 there so I'm could guess the next scenes a orgy? I dunno. :P
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
Seriously doubt there will be an orgy. Not this soon at least.
Last page Twilight said she MIGHT let him fool around with other mares IN future. If she gets used to the tought. For now he can get greedy only with her. (I am paraphrasing of course but I think that's the general idea)
At most I see most of them dispersing and leaving Twilight alone with Spike.
air6ornepig
6 years, 11 months ago
Some pretty twisted morals, there.
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
megafreeky
6 years, 11 months ago
This reply made my day
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
i'm glad ^^
Okladesh
6 years, 11 months ago
Tiem 4 grup orgy
sumyunguy
6 years, 11 months ago
I, for one, enjoyed the artwork, and the storytelling has been engaging enough! I mean seriously, Twi desperately tried to walk where angels fear to tread. Giving, what has mainly been a porn comic, a storyline is dangerous and precarious work. And this storyline was hastily slapped together when Twi and Kit realized, omg, people like this! I see it... Like trying to keep a straw-house from falling apart during a hurricane by slapping on pieces of papier-mâché to the buckling parts.

However, in my humble opinion, Twi has done a perfectly acceptable job granted the premise of the comic. Take out all the porn and you'd still have a pretty engaging story that Twi did a respectable job of keeping up. As others have already said, some of the aspects feel hurried and shallow. But then I just remind myself of the papier-mâché straw house in a hurricane and I can't do much but sit back, smile and nod and go... 'Hey, Twi. Not bad mate, not bad!'

Seriously, people writing page long criticisms on what has up until a few pages ago been nothing but a porn comic, is like walking into a corner deli and expecting five star gourmet cooking. What actually happened, was the corner deli was doing its thing, when the goddamn Batman walked in, everyone sh*t themselves and delivered a meal that was, from the Batman's perspective, pretty acceptable and filling, and he'll come back for more!

I'm excited to see for what Twi will deliver when he actually has everything planned out from the start!
KittyGuardian
6 years, 11 months ago
+1
I agree so much with this!!!
" sumyunguy wrote:

Seriously, people writing page long criticisms on what has up until a few pages ago been nothing but a porn comic, is like walking into a corner deli and expecting five star gourmet cooking. What actually happened, was the corner deli was doing its thing, when the goddamn Batman walked in, everyone sh*t themselves and delivered a meal that was, from the Batman's perspective, pretty acceptable and filling, and he'll come back for more!

I'm excited to see for what Twi will deliver when he actually has everything planned out from the start!

If you think about it. The mere fact that twi made them EXPECT a 5 star gourmet cooking speaks about the writing in and on itself! Very few manage to do that. :)

BTW, Twilight is a she. xD
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
it's definitely felt like trying to keep a house up- i mean your metaphors. =P both of them, exactly. it's fortunate kit and i decided early on in this comic, given the circumstances, that we would just treat it like practice and whoopie if people liked it even so. if we hadn't, we probably would have both melted down under the weight of the complaints, especially right after spikeXab.

i mean... i almost did anyway several times, the most notable time being when we were in the middle of resolving the plot, they had just gotten back to the library, and people were hating on the writing so hard that i was afraid that i had let them down so hard they weren't even bothering to read it. :P as a matter of fact, some people on e621, a much less kind place than IB, said explicitly that they were ignoring the speech bubbles. i just wanted to give people an important experience that i created, something every artist wants, and it was crushing to feel like i was failing.

but... yeah, i think we can serve up excellent comics for sure starting with the banjo-kazooie one we're doing next. (not counting the DYO alt endings cuz they're mainly going to be add-on sex scenes.) ...at least i hope! b-k is pretty much the most important story to me... for reasons. all in all, i'm just damn happy i can provide a positive addition to kit's art and that, together, we can get a lot of people to look at what we feel is important. (lol, if nothing else, this comic was controversial, which made people talk about it and helped our stuff become one of the top three top attractions on IB, according to google and to IB's own profile views counters.)

p.s. thank you very much for saying what you did :3
Vinylshadow
6 years, 11 months ago
wonder who's gonna keep him

Rarity or Fluttershy, maybe?

Rarity can teach it all about making dresses *w*
Salvofox90
6 years, 11 months ago
i for one am glad that its more than just a 'porn comic'
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
^^
Psexynym
6 years, 11 months ago
I have thoroughly enjoyed this comic ( even if I thought AB was easy on the guy) and I very much look forward to seeing a comic with a planning stage and a bit more overarching sense of direction. Particularly one with Ms. Wumba and honey B. May I ask, for you, what "reasons" you have in mind?
elderflowerpudding
6 years, 11 months ago
thanks ^^ ...i'm not sure which characters will be in the b-k comic yet... still debating plot ideas in my head. but i'll take those into consideration. and i'd rather not share the "reasons" cuz they have to do with a fanfic i'm writing =P
Literalperson
6 years, 11 months ago
Aw shit! :D
Petedash
6 years, 11 months ago
Rape is not bad!

fucking senseless comic.
jackblade
6 years, 11 months ago
Twilight: Uh Oh!
Spike: Here we go again!
gary
6 years, 11 months ago
Hi!
LatinoOso1965
6 years, 11 months ago
This comic is so epic on the storyline and everything else in between the dragoncorn at the end brilliant touch now the baby needs sword training and gun training on this day forward this Dragoncorn will be the savior of many galaxies. Had to throw that in there so what is going to happen now?
JustAGuy
6 years, 11 months ago
It's been quite a while... Almost done?
kitsuneyoukai
6 years, 11 months ago
im up to page 60 already =l working on 61 right now. if you cant see the new pages its likely because adult filter is on, or something is blacklisted.
Fydo2331
6 years, 11 months ago
I'm only able to see up to page 58 wut?
kitsuneyoukai
6 years, 11 months ago
like i said to the guy above : "if you cant see the new pages its likely because adult filter is on, or something is blacklisted."
BlazeHeartPanther
5 years, 9 months ago
Aaahhh, the Miracle of Birth....er...Hatching.
Monkeyboyz
4 years, 11 months ago
aww how cute
New Comment:
Move reply box to top
Log in or create an account to comment.