It shows my wolf characters rough beginnings before he meets Angel and her family.
1. The first page shows how Leo is treated by Charlie, Kate's boyfriend. Charlie works as a drug dealer and in the past has done and said much worse to Leo.
2. Leo is upset about having a gift from his real father (who mysteriously vanished) destroyed. Also it's nice to see a brotherly bond between Leo and Sid. Notably Sid doesn't have his neck beard and has shorter head fur, I suppose it's to make Sid look young as he is meant to be 13/14 in this story, whilst Leo around is 11/12
3. Sid giving Leo a realistic description of what UK secondary school (high school in America) is like. Its always nice watching sun sets and the 4th panel is something out of a horror film.....
4. Kate not too pleased that her son can think for himself. At a very young age she's always wanted a her own way and care's about no one other than herself. Kate just puts on a nice act around others to get what she wants. Also I wonder what she meant by "Your father never learned" .......
5. Leo tries to make a break for it and Kate begins to threaten him with the prospect of living in an Orphanage. Unfortunately for her, Leo has reached his breaking point. This is how Leo gets his scar on his arm.
6. If Kate hadn't hit Leo and threatened him, then she'd still have both of her eyes.
7. Charlie found Leo due to getting his scent. Also the blood that dripping off Leo's arm onto the ground didn't help him either.
8. Leo was lucky that Angel was out that night training, running laps down the almost empty street. Charlie could have escaped but his twisted personality made him want to kill his larger opponent and witness to his crime.
9. Turns out to be a dream/ nightmare that went on in Leo's sleep, of his escape from his old family and his first time meeting Angel.
10. Angel is always there for Leo. I can safely that the wolf and the lioness, lived happily ever after. Even Sid lived happily ever after, as he had a good time at college when he's older..... https://inkbunny.net/s/1474499
11. An epilogue, I cant say the same for the two antagonists though.....
12. I though I'd change Kate frown to a crazed grin as she looks more scary.
13 and 14 are concept art/ references of Charlie the Doberman and Kate the wolf. Doberman make for great villains (I'm looking at you Oliver and Company) and I got inspired by the Egyptian jackal god for Kate's design. These references are drawn by