Another small but big change has been made to the site. And it's actually something a bit experimental for a high bandwidth image site like ours. Sorry you all had to remember your horribly long and complex passwords and log in again as a result, but we had to reset all logins due to this update!
Fully encrypted, all the time
All Inkbunny content and data transmissions are now encrypted for all users, all the time. Previously this was an option at login but we have now made it the default permanent setting.
If anyone is having access problems as a result of this change, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Encryption does not guarantee your privacy 100%. But it is the best way to help prevent eavesdropping on your communications, no matter where you access Inkbunny from.
Ensuring every single user connecting to IB uses encryption also improves our site security immensely.
Technically minded people may be interested to know that using sitewide encryption for all users places very little additional load on our CPUs or bandwidth, even during peak times.
Site maintenance and outage updates are posted there when Inkbunny is offline for any reason.
Updates this week
* Changed: Increased maximum size of preview images (the one that is contained inside the site layout) to 920x1840 (used to be 920x920). This means that “tall” images like comic pages will more easily be able to fill the entire preview area horizontally. This does not affect the maximum full image size, which is still 4000x4000 pixels. This setting applies to new uploads since this change was made, and won't affect old ones.
* Changed: The View and Remove buttons on the New Notices page now always show. Previously they only showed when you hovered your mouse over the notice. This was no good for anyone using touchscreen devices because the is no “hovering” mouse! Maybe it doesn't look as pretty now, so we'll have to find some way to improve the look while making it work for touchscreens.
* Changed: The whole site is now fully SSL encrypted for all users. This better protects your privacy and increases site security.
* Changed: Removed Twitter and Facebook quick-buttons from Submissions and Journals. The won't work with the new site-wide encryption. You can still easily share things via Facebook and Twitter. Just click the orange “Share” button instead.
* Changed: All users can now see the “Block from Guests” status of any submission. If a submission is blocked from Guest access, the words “(No Guests)” will appear next to the Rating in the Submission Information section. This is useful for when you are sharing links with non-IB users and you want to know if they'll be able to see a submission without logging in.
* Fixed: The Submission Details interface in the API now returns full URLs to the Full, Screen and Preview size files for a submission. This was accidentally omitted from the older API version.
* Added: There is now a Privacy warning at the top of the Private Messages screens. It reminds all users that Moderators have access to all Private Messages for rules enforcement and bug fixing purposes. We only look when we need to. This is standard practice on all communications systems you use. We also do not guarantee that Private Messages will remain secure. We do our best, but bad things can happen, so please don't use the Inkbunny PM system for anything super-sensitive.
* Fixed: Quite a few more small but important security updates were made.