A week since our huge release, we have a smaller update to improve performance, security and usability.
Key issues resolved
* Alphabetic sort is back on watching/watched-by lists, after disappearing due to member search tweaks. Sender sort was also fixed in PM lists.
* Some searches were slow, timed out, or returned unexpected results due to the interaction of our database's full text search engine with features to support account renaming and username matching. The former has been fixed in part via a ridiculously long expression index, while description searches now only find exact @-mention matches. Story/description indexes have shrunk by 53% (282MB).
* MD5 "identical post " searches were redesigned to allow the use of indexes, for a ~1500x speedup. This ate up 160MB of the above savings, but we still have over 15GB of SSD spare.
* A rare combinations of broken BBCode could cause loss of the text being posted. Thanks to Chelsea for identifying and reproducing this issue. We refactored BBCode parsing, in the process identifying and fixing XSS vulnerabilities on link names, quote authors and color tags.
* Watching/watcher list paging failed due to missing user_id if results had expired. * Empty galleries could overlap the header in expanded mode. * Merge duplicate MD5 requests, and don't run a search it if there aren't any. * Ensure that old name matches are returned in descending date order. * Restrict lifetime of PHP sessions to two weeks since last visit. * Use standard error page for submission hidden/deleted response. * Updated maintenance mode social icons and styling. * Use Twitter icon for Twitter section in account settings. * Hint to use a non-indexed PNG where resizing an upload failed. * Return immediate error in case of icon conversion failure. * Documented use of binary serialization. * Use consistent name for temporary lists of users in the database.
As always, if you see any further issues, please file a support ticket!