Lots of updates to list. The site was actually upgraded yesterday. These journals take a long time to write as I have to dig through the task tracker to find the interesting stuff!
* Changed: New Menu system has been added. The new Sales system (when it is finally launched) introduces more links for the main menu which made the old “a few simple icons” style inadequate. It just becomes too crowded. Another advantage is that we can now move all the Account related links off the Userpage and into the menu where they belong. For more details and discussion see journal https://inkbunny.net/journalview.php?id=11548
* Added: You can now disable the upload progress meter (option is under Account Settings). This may help users that have trouble with the upload system timing-out or giving other strange errors.
* Changed: Favoriting a submission no longer requires an entire page reload. Clicking the Fav stars under a submission saves your Fav choice (it's saved once the stars stop flashing) and lets you keep browsing the page immediately.
* Changed/Added: The Notices page now shows a loading icon when performing “remove” tasks. This tells you what is really happening between your browser and the server when you click remove. Previously it looked like the remove happened instantly, even if it really took several seconds to complete the task. If you navigate away from the page before the remove request finishes, you might come back later and find the Notice is still there! This way you at least have the chance to let it finish first.
* Changed/Added: The “Accept Friend” button on the Notices page now shows a loading icon to let you know when the task is completed. Addresses the same issue as above.
* Fixed: Editing comments on Internet Explorer would remove carriage returns by mistake. Should work as expected now.
* Added: 4 new banners have been added since the last full site update.
* Added: Moderators can now gracefully Undelete submissions with a single click. Useful for when things get removed by mistake or a decision is reversed. We could undelete previously but it was a slow and manual process.
* Added: Moderators can now lock submissions into the Hidden mode. Useful for when we want to hide something while a decision is being made or while allowing an artist to make changes to a submission to comply with the ACP.
* Changed: Payment types “Special instructions” under Sales in Account Settings now accept BBCode. This means your payment special instructions can now contain links and other embedded goodies listed on https://inkbunny.net/bbcode.php
* Fixed: Shadow box effect behind really tall images shouldn't have those odd gaps in it now.
* Fixed: Advertise New Stream page now has the correct hours listed in the dropdown. It listed the 4 hours + options twice and didn't list 3 hours + due to a typo.
* Removed: Obsolete code from back when SSL/TLS encryption was optional has been deleted.
* Added: Front page now caches database query results for Guest users every 5 minutes. This improves performance as most hits on the front page are by unregistered users.
* Optimised: Method for updating watcher's unread submissions count has been improved. Posting a new submission used to take a long time if you have a lot of watchers but it should be faster now.
* Changed: Maximum story length is now 500,000 characters (was 250,000).
* Changed: Maximum submission description length is now 100,000 (was 10,000).
* Changed: Maximum journal length is now 100,000 characters (was 10,000).
* Changed: Maximum private message length is now 100,000 characters (was 10,000).
* Fixed: Replacing files and thumbnails on Friends-only or Hidden submissions was failing. Should work fine now.
* Fixed: The remove button on Notices page now cannot be clicked repeatedly. This used to cause the Notice counter to displaying an incorrect count such as “-1”.
* Changed: Maintenance Mode screen has been enhanced. It now shows the Twitter status messages embedded in the page. It will now check via an AJAX request for when the site is back online. It used reload the whole page every 30 seconds which was useless if the site actually went totally off-air.
* Upgraded: We have upgraded to JWPlayer 5.6 for embedded Flash and Video.
* Changed: Notes view for accounts and submissions now supports BBCode (this is an admin-only thing).
* Optimised: The script that protects Friends-only/Hidden files now serves up large files in buffered chunks rather than first reading the whole file into memory and then dumping it all out once the end of the file is reached.
* Fixed: Page heading graphic for Submissions used to say “Gallery” for some reason. Now it has the correct “Submission” heading graphic.
* Fixed: Elapsed time under journal excerpts on Userpage now has its own line. When it used to come right after the journal text on the same line it often got wrapped oddly.
* Fixed: Some MP3 files would not be accepted and would return an error on upload like “unknown type”. All MP3 files should now be accepted.