It's brand new so we need team members. Put your CPU to good use helping with medical research and more!
Updates for Beta 44
Actually thinking about calling it Version 1.0 after the new sales system is up. Gasp! :D
Soooo many updates. Sorry if they're a bit jumbled up. I usually like to organise them nicely but today I am feeling lazy!
Plus I need a holiday. Adding the "friends" feature so I could take a break from coding the new sales system wasn't much of a break at all. But it was fun! My fingers are bleeding from all the coding. Eating Ramen Noodles and watching My Little Pony during breaks kept me sane. :3 But I can't stop until the new sales system is online.. *twitch*
. Wave your mouse over the banner to get the banner-chooser arrows so you can scroll through to see it. We are hoping to add a banner submission system so anyone can submit banners instantly in future. Then users would be able to choose which ones they want to see from the available submissions. Right now it's a lot of work for us to add banners so we don't do it very often, even though there are lots of great banner submissions people have made for us!
* Fixed: The Banner chooser nav arrows now stay in one place as you click through available banners (they used to move around a bit which was annoying).
* Added: Delete thread option in Private Messages list. Allows you to remove all messages in the thread rather than just the selected message.
* Changed: Thumbnails for page selection on multi-page submissions are now bigger. The small ones were too tiny to see!
* Added: You can now set content as "Friends-only", which means you restrict access to users that are listed as your "Friends". This is separate from "Watches". More details at https://inkbunny.net/journalview.php?id=8173
* Changed: Fees page and TOS changed (there are now no fees, and the TOS is updated to reflect the terms of the new sales system which is coming soon).
* Changed: Donations page layout is now a bit more tidy!
* Changed: Members listing now allows you to sort “With Uploads only” by date joined (newest first) and not alphabetically like it used to. This makes it more useful for browsing the art of new members.
* Changed: Unread messages max age now 6 months (was 3 months).
* Changed: Max price for digital items now $100 (was $20).
* Changed: Max stream length now 6 hours (was 3 hours).
* Fixed: Various notices count bugs and other minor bugs after the introduction of the Friends-only content feature.
* Fixed: Friends-only content now stays correctly hidden in Unread notices received via email unless you are a friend of the owner.
* Fixed: Embedded thumbnails in comments (using the BBCode [smallthumb] etc tags) now correctly hide Friend-only thumbnail content from users who are not friends of the submission owner.
* Changed: Slight changes to layout and position of Friends-only and Guest-only warnings in the Details section of the Submission View page.
* Added: Icons now appear next to text for Hidden and Guests-only warnings on Submission View page.
* Fixed: Deleted users were still being sent site news via email if they enabled that option while their account existed. Now they are removed from the mailing list.
* Removed: A whole bunch of code from the old sales system that will not be used again. We are keeping some of the useful parts for the future.
* Fixed: Donations links were showing even when the user had no payment method chosen. They now stay hidden in that case.
* Fixed: BBCode tags that link to user pages now generate full static URL (not ralative like they used to). The relative URLs were useless for external apps using the Inkbunny API to get and display text that contained the BBCode tags parsed into HTML links.
* Changed: Increased size of font for “Next”, “Last” etc page navigation links on multi-page submissions.
* Changed: Layout for buttons on New Submissions page has been improved, and a quick “Remove all on this page” button has been added.
* Added: Payments to external processors now redirect via an external url shortener for security.
* Changed: Some minor changes to wording and layout at top of Block Artists and Block Keywords pages.
* Changed: Made the price chooser on Sales Settings page bigger.
* Changed: Reduced the wordyness of some of the explanations on the File Uploader page for submissions.
* Fixed: Sometimes users would be returned to the Account Activation page after logging in for the first time. It now redirects to the front page like it should.
* Upgraded: Upgraded to JWPlayer 5.5 (our media player for flash, video and sound). This fixed video and flash loading issues in Internet Explorer.
* Changed: Removed the “Hi” from next to the logged in user's name in the menu bar. We need the extra space for long names!
* Changed: Split up “publish news item” and “email to all users” options in Add Journal page (something only moderators will see, of course!).
* Changed: Page number value in URLs for multi-page submissions now starts counting at 1, and is called “page”. Previously it started at 0 (for page 1) and was called “filenum” which was not very friendly.
* Changed: Wording for “Public” submissions is now “Visible” submissions. It got confusing calling “Visible” submissions “Public” now that we have Friends-only submissions, which aren't really public. >.<
* Changed: Message now mentions that an account “may have been removed” if a userpage with an invalid account ID is viewed.
* Changed: Moved Private Message link to the left side of the menu on the userpage (to make room for the +Friend link on the right).
* Changed: Increased font size for User Admin links on userpage (visible to account owner and moderators only).
* Changed: Many other minor cosmetic and text changes and fixes.
* Optimised: A few variables being stored in sessions for no good reason are now cleared before the request ends, saving disk space and memory usage.
* Added: A few more security fixes and changes.
Feedback on the Friends feature
Thank you to everyone who has given us feedback on the new Friends feature. It's great to see it generally well received and being used in a variety of ways. That feature will be changed and updated soon in response to the ideas and problems people have raised.