Here are the updates for revision 56, which was released yesterday.
* Added: There are now Strikethrough and Title Text options for text formatting using our BBCode. These now have their own button on the text editor and are described on the BBCode help page.
* Changed: The "Members Top 100” screen now omits inactive accounts. This means it is now a much more fair representation of the top current contributing members. Note that this screen is always in random order.
* Optimised: We now skip running filtering options when making database queries if the user isn't filtering out any particular ratings, keywords or artists. Previously these filters were run even if you essentially had “show me everything” configured on the account. As the majority of users do not block anything, this was inefficient. There is a significant site speed boost as a result of this change.
* Fixed: New Stream and New Journal are now faster for users with lots of watchers. There was a mistake in the database query making the notifications take about 100 times longer to send than they should. It should be pretty much instant now.
* Fixed: The Edit link now appears next to your own Shouts again as it should. Remember there is still a 10 minute time limit for editing.
* Fixed: Typing an @ symbol with a space after it and then a word is no longer incorrectly treated as a shortcut to an Inkbunny account name. The @ symbol must appear right before the name with no space.
* Fixed: The Pools left/right buttons at the bottom of a submission would sometimes show a thumbnail for hidden/blocked images when they should be totally hidden from the user. The next valid submission that user should see is now shown.
* Fixed: The Pools left/right buttons at the bottom of a submission would sometimes get stuck halfway through a series and think there were now more submissions to show if the next one was hidden/blocked from you. Now it shows the next valid submission that you have access to.
* Fixed: The New Stream and Edit Stream screens would incorrectly give a “you have clicked the submit button twice” error when you try to re-submit after correcting a URL it complained about.
* Fixed: Changing the sort order for some gallery view modes now returns to page 1 automatically as it should.
* Changed: Timeout length for overly slow searches is now 1 minute (was 30 seconds). Due to the site speed improvements in this update, slow searches should now be very rare (and our logging confirms this).
* Optimised: Various settings to do with disk usage during log rotation on the server have been improved. This stops short but daily site slowdowns we were experiencing.
* Changed: IPs are now logged once per day, in addition to the existing rules of once per login and once per IP change on current session. This gives a better idea of account activity and overall site activity.
* Fixed: Caching of some search results for BBCode links to usernames, submissions etc was broken if no results were returned for particular username or submission (broken BBCode link). Broken entries would keep searching for the invalid item when they should be using a cached “no result” entry instead.
* Removed: Got rid of a few dead/unused functions. Maybe saved 1kb of disk space! :D