Welcome to Inkbunny...
Allowed ratings
To view member-only content, create an account. ( Hide )
Toshubi

Halloween pic contest update.

Wow! So few even put forth the effort to even try! Those who never try are sure to fail!
Tarowolf & TastesLikeGreen hold the lead with 19 correct answers.
Jabaker401 Takes second with 18 correct answers.
Netreek has 17 correct answers.
Arious has 15 correct answers.
Ginrei trails in at 2 correct answers.

Use of the internet is allowed.
Seriously guys and gals... only 6 of you tried?
You all have only 2 days to get those entries in. The clock stops at 12:01am October 31 of this year.
Viewed: 22 times
Added: 6 years, 9 months ago
 
Netreek
6 years, 9 months ago
only 17? mmmm. I wonder which one I got wrong.
tarotwolf
6 years, 9 months ago
FWIW, I posted a journal note... I don't have many watchers, but I hope it'll give you at least a few more people to come play. It's a great game. ^_^
XValentine
6 years, 9 months ago
You're not Notch.  Stop complaining because not thousands upon thousnds of people love you. Every other journal is gripeing from you.  Seriously, you got six people who like you enough to /actually/ do something.  Be grateful for them rather then mad at everyone else on the internet who doesn't care.  Cuz we're living in a world of apathy, so few of us really care, and you get more flies with honey than vinegar.
Toshubi
6 years, 9 months ago
" XValentine wrote:
You're not Notch.

I'm guessing what you are trying to say is "You're not Top Notch." (Seriously, don't you proof read your own writting?)
I never said that I was the best, but I believe I do better work than say... This
  You're right, I'm not the world's greatest artist, but I'm pretty damn positive I'm not the worst either! I have come to the conclusion that it isn't the quality of art that gets you viewers, its having art that people here can masturbate to that does. Its sad, but seems all too true.

" XValentine wrote:
Stop complaining because not thousands upon thousnds of people love you.

I thought I made it very clear on my profile that I started posting my artwork here to try and make some friends.  I'm just trying to meet some other artists to try and jam with. I don't need thousands, but more than six would be nice.

" XValentine wrote:
Every other journal is gripeing from you.

Guess what... It's my journal. If I want to gripe or get something off my chest, I'll do it. With or without your consent! Deal with it!

" XValentine wrote:
Seriously, you got six people who like you enough to /actually/ do something.  Be grateful for them rather then mad at everyone else on the internet who doesn't care.

I am grateful to the six that responded, that's why I took the time to mention them in the journal entry and let them know where they stand in the contest. As for those who don't care... if they truly don't care, then it doesn't matter what I say or do now does it? I am disappointed that so few tried to guess. After all I did all the drawing and offered up a commision for a prize, its not like they would be out anything. The contest is free.

" XValentine wrote:
Cuz we're living in a world of apathy, so few of us really care,

My... I'm so glad I don't live in that emotionless wasteland with you. If you truly don't care, then why did you feel the need to complain about my journal entry?

" XValentine wrote:
and you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

Actualy the correct quote is... "You'll catch more BEES with honey than vinegar." Flies are actually attracted to shit.

You are allowed your opinion, but don't kid yourself into thinking that I'm going to change what I say in my journals just to please you. If I want to complain about the weather, or lack of page views I will. And if nobody cares like you say, then it doesn't matter anyway now does it?
XValentine
6 years, 9 months ago
1) I don't have spell-check, I'm on a mobile. 2) Notch isn't the name I meant to say (thats the minecraft dude if I recall, kind of a metaphor there if you're trying too hard I gues, but its more of a stretch than I care for, strike the first part from the record (What I was trying to say I that you can draw a little but you're certainly not the best, still you expect everyone to worship you for it, and Don't you think that maybe, just maybe maybe, that makes people not want to be your friend.  Afterall, when I first watched you I had hope to eventually have a friendly conversation or two, but rant after rant after rant will make you seem like a lemon no matter how sweet you might actually be. 3)  I never said that I don't care, just that most people don't. Most people really really don't.  Yet you seem to be yelling at all of us for those that don't. 4) Phrases and languages change depending on region and demographic of the area.  My entire life I've heard it be said as flies and I'm not about to be thinking that that's wrong.  Not all flies eat shit (did you know that there's types of flies?  Kinda fascinating that even in the insect level there's different species within the same familly).  Fruit flies for example are fruit flies because they are attracted to the sugar in rotting fruit.

Most importantly though, and this is why I said anything, is that you actually do have some talent to you (much more than I do), but you have a lot of room for improvement.  There are essentially two ways that every person can handle any problem, a positive and a negative way.  Your problem (obviously) is that you put a lot of work into drawing and you are heavily discouraged by the fact that more people don't look at it.  There are two ways to handle this: Get better, be /nice/ to people (because no one is going to watch you if you're rude (myself included), make friends, go watch people if they watch you, ask for constructive criticism, and hope (and this last step is very important) patiently that the more positive energy you put out there will bring people back to you ("And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you mak" or something like that). The alternative (what you're doing because it's easier) is let your discouragement get to you, continuosly rant and rage and put out more negative energy and watch and anguish and repeat and repeat and repeat as you drive people away (or just don't draw anyone new in) (and I don't want to see you do this last one, because you're good.  We both know that you're better than Quite a few people on here, and trust me when I say that you can be so much more, if only with the right attitude).  Like I said, "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar", or- just for you: You can catch more bees with honey than you can with vinegar.

And my only remaining hope is that you actually read and intake what I write, instead of piece by piece disecting it and then arguing every little thing to make me look stupid, because we both know that that just makes you look like a dick.  Be better than that.
iFailed
6 years, 9 months ago
i dont know horror movies very well, that said, i was able to identify 10 i think. with there being 21 (plus 2 bonus) i was sure i wouldent have been up there on the list very high and i was right XD
New Comment:
Move reply box to top
Log in or create an account to comment.