The minute before midnight
Falling in the water, Daji was still chained to the ruins. Surrounding clocks were composing this new scene, and Daji intimately knew that it was her last dream, her last journey.
Calm tics were rythming her houghts. they were slowing down, and the former admiral couldn't help but to watch the main clock. It was close to be midnight, the end of her journey. Water was colder than ever, and fog began to form around her. Yet a silhouette merged from the shadows.
- Deena? she whispered
There was only one Doenès who survived the war, and the doe should be on Bubastis, defending the homeworld against the fleets of the Dogma. Well, that was the plan, but Daji shaked her head. Nothing was really important for now.
Just her peace, the peace she will find when it will be midnight.
Yet the cervine wasn't Deena.
- Who are you? first asked Daji
- Risea, Milady. I...
Daji abruptly interrupted her.
- Go away.
The redhead doe bit her lips, it was clearly not her intention. Standing on a rock close to Daji's lifeclock, she continued
- Daji, why do you give up... You're such a brave lady, a model for everyone, even to my kind and...
- I'm a criminal.
- You're not! shouted the doe
- I do. There's no one who have more blood on his hands than me.
- You're not responsible of this war.
- Yet the result is the same. I've obliterated the humanity on Earth and...
- You spared the rest of the humanity everywhere else. If you were that butcher you think you are, you would have given the command of Bubastis to everyone else but Deena, and the fate of the human fleets would have been sealed.
The doe seemed to be proud of Daji, even though a sad smile was the only expression she showed
- I own you so much for everything you've done, Daji.
- Leave. I'm so tired.
- I won't, I have to...
- If you own me a single thing, then you should respect my last will. I want peace. I want the nightmares to end.
A breach appeared on the main clock, and it dropped a sanguine liquid in the water, linked to Daji.
- Here it is, Midnight. Finally.
Risea seemed to whispered something, but Daji was too weak to understand what she was saying.
She collapsed in the cold water...
Sometime I swear I can hear the tics within my heart.
Kitsune Daji & Risea Doenès (c) Amiral Aesir
Watercolors, the 29th January 2015
, white tailed deer
, silver vixen
, other side
4 years, 5 months ago
31 Jan 2015 20:05 CET
Full Size: bf4acfc0adc46e6755d613363c0402f9