We just released a special update that adds a whole lot of fixes and some major improvements to the Story/Writing module.
We also got rid of the "Radioactive" rating. More on that below.
Story Module Updates
You can now include a preview or the full text of your stories that actually appears right in the Submission page. It is a separate scrolling box that lets users read through the story text before deciding to click the Download link.
You can include a sample of your writing to entice them to download and read the original, or put the whole story up so they can read it all right there in the page.
The disadvantage is that formatting is limited. You can only add formatting that is possuble through using our BBCode tags. You will always be able to make it look more pretty in the original Word or RTF file.
But this way you can at least give your readers the option of seeing the story without having to leave Inkbunny or save/download files.
The story text box is automatically filled from your story text. You can then edit it in any way you like.
NOTE: Due to technical limitations, we cannot autoload text from RTF files at this stage. We will fix this soon and will let you know when autofill from RTF is working. This really only means one small extra step: You will have to copy/paste into the Story box from your original file when you upload it.
EXTRA NOTE: You can SEARCH story content from the Search page. O M G.
Radioactive Rating Gone
The "Radioactive" rating was causing too much trouble. It is too difficult to define what is "extreme" in such a diverse fandom. We all have different ideas.
The purpose of the Radioactive rating is solved by the Keyword Blocking feature that we already have.
All images that were rated Radioactive are now rated with the equivalent Adult rating tags.
If you had Blocked Keywords that only worked on the Radioactive rating, those entries are now gone.
Other updates for this version include:
- Text files now download when you click "Download", instead of them just showing as a slab of crap in the browser.
- Submissions now show in order in your gallery based on when you first set them Public. This means if you upload a submission and leave it private for days, it will jump to the top of your gallery when you set it public the first time.
- Moderators: Sort order and username search is preserved when changing to advanced mode in Artist view.
- New quick "Edit" links for Description and Story on the Submission page for owners.
- Links at top of userpage a little bit bigger and more consistent.
- Pools listing (previous and next image in pool indicator) on submission page won't show blocked or private submissions now.
- Added "users active this hour" to stats page.
- Footer got a nice tidy up.
- Can now start a private message from link on Submission page.
- Comments inside brackets like [ hello ] were getting mistaken for BBCode when being sent in emails or in message summaries.
- More super secret security fixes.
Launch day is getting reeeeal close now, I promise. :3
12 years, 1 month ago
25 Apr 2010 14:54 CEST
|Site News Item: