It's been a whole month since our last update announcement. But this has largely been due to one very busy developer who has only had time to make changes but not update the revisions page and make a journal about it!
So here's news about the last 4 weeks of updates all in one journal.
The biggest one for this month is the fact you can now take Donations through Inkbunny again. You can set up your Paypal or Alertpay details in Account Settings. https://inkbunny.net/account.php The donation links in submission and journal pages will allow users to directly access your Paypal or Alertpay payment pages.
Inkbunny is not acting as a payment provider and we do not collect a fee. This is just a nice way to give people a link to pay you directly by your chosen method.
Please keep in mind the privacy issues involved with publicly listing your payment methods. However, providing quick payment details without requiring the user to contact you means they will be more likely to donate to you.
We are hoping to get a "request details" option working soon so you can set payment methods "private" and only give out details per request.
* Added: Donations can now be taken directly to your own Paypal or Alertpay accounts. Go to the Account Settings page to add your payment details. The Donation links allow users to access your payment details quickly and automatically through a payment page that then redirects to the chosen payment method. There is also an option for adding custom payment instructions if you prefer to use something other than Paypal or Alertpay.
* Fixed: A fullstop or other punctuation at the end now won't break username and username BBCode quicklinks.
* Fixed: Random string generator used for unique tokens and other codes would never output a lowercase "x" as part of the randomly generated alphanumeric strings. Thankfully this just meant that each random character was reduced from 1 in 62 possible values to 1 in 61, so not a big deal in terms of security.
* Changed: Regular session cleanup is now run once a day instead of once an hour. It is run during off-peak time. With potentially millions of files to search through to find expired sessions, this is a very slow operation and didn't need to be done so often. It still slows the server down for about 5 minutes while it's running, but this is unavoidable.
* Changed: BBCode links to thumbnails, pools, users etc that don't exist (incorrect name or ID) now show as RED text, to make it more obvious something went wrong.
* Removed: The old Alertpay-based sales system settings are no longer available via Account Settings. You can still view old sales and account balances via the Sales link on your account for now.
* Removed/Fixed: Autolinking will no longer react to "www". This means sayings like "Awwwwwww" won't end up converted to a useless link by accident. However it means that all web addresses must start with http:// or https://, and not simply "www" in text to be converted to active links automatically.
* API - Added: There is now a "convert_html_entities" property in the Edit Submission interface of the API. This helps get rid of the "junk" html entities that were appearing in titles and descriptions via scripts like FA2IB. For more details see the new property in http://wiki.inkbunny.net/wiki/API#Edit_Submission_Details
* Fixed: Resetting or changing a password would fail and go to a blank screen if the user typed a "bad" unacceptable password but pressed Submit anyway. Now it correctly reports an error and reason for rejecting the chosen password like it used to.
* Changed: Page and Pool thumbnails in the submission View now honour the "show/hide custom thumbnails" setting that you can set via links on the Submission View, Gallery and User pages.
* Fixed: Videos were being zoomed rather than resized to fit the view, meaning that larger videos would have their outer edges cut off. Resizing is now performed correctly.
* Fixed: New Submissions count would appear to be wrong (some new submissions would appear to be "invisible") in some cases. This would occur if you changed blocked keywords or allowed ratings after a submission appeared in your unread list, and the new settings you chose meant it was blocked from your view. Now those submissions will remain visible in your Unread list, but with the "blocked" grey warning thumbnail. Submissions added by artists after your changes that should be blocked won't be added to your unread list at all.
* Added: There is now a notice while uploading files that PNGs may take a long time during the "Preparing File" stage. This is due to re-compressing PNGs at maximum compression level. PNG compression is lossless so there is no reason to use anything less than maximum.
* Fixed: Using the Quote button or BBCode tag would sometimes leave odd html entities like or " in the quoted text.
* Fixed: Showing favourites by members you watch would mistakenly hide the time range and sorting options if there were no results.
* Fixed: Moderators could not reply twice in a row to a PM in "anonymous" mode.
* Fixed?: Session data is now manually written to disk before page redirects. Some users have been reporting being mysteriously logged out when clicking some links, only to find everything returns to normal after a simple page reload. The force-write of session data might help this problem.
* Added/Fixed: More security updates and fixes, mainly to do with referrer checks.