It's been a while since our last official update announcement. Lots of changes have been made during this time but each one has been applied as required and we have either chosen not to announce them or have made separate (non-email) news journals for each one as the issues came up and were fixed.
We're long overdue for a big summary. So here it is! Apart from older fixes it also lists things that were updated on the site in just the last couple of days.
The most interesting recent changes are the addition of a "Suggested Submissions" feature, to show you artwork by artists you aren't watching that you might like, and the ability to choose precisely what types of notices (journals, watches, submissions, etc) you get emailed about. Previously you could only choose to get emailed about everything or nothing. Read all about it below!
Changes for revision Beta 51:
* Added: Suggested Submissions feature, to show you what people are faving that you might not have seen. It only shows you art by artists you aren't already watching. This way it is far more likely that you haven't already seen the submissions. It bases suggestions on what your watched artists/accounts are faving. You can always get to suggestions by following the link at the top of the Search or Popular pages that says “Suggested Submissions”. Or to see it quickly now you can follow this horrendously long URL: https://inkbunny.net/userfavssuggestionsgallery_process...
* Added: A notice now informs users at the top of the Unread Notices (Portal) page that unread notifications are automatically removed after 180 days. We have to remove very old notifications or else the database gets jammed full of them and our server gets sad. 180 days should be long enough to see a notice! We recommend using the Bookmark feature of your browser if you want to keep links to items permanently. Note that Private Messages are NOT automatically removed after a time. At this stage PMs currently stay with your account forever, read or unread.
* Changed: Maximum upload file size now 30MB (was 20MB).
* Changed: Maximum upload pixel dimensions now 6000 x 6000 (was 4000 x 4000). Note that any ratio of the same number of megapixels (width times height) is allowed.
* Changed: Lots of improvements to the keyword auto suggester (that thing which appears while entering keywords in to submissions or the Search page, and in some other places). It now appears on a minimum possible number of lines in a horizontal list format under the text field. It should not get in the way of the rest of the interface so much now.
* Added: You can now select the kinds of notices you receive email about. This is better because before we only allowed notice emails to be turned on/off with no choice over what kinds of things you get notified about. Check out the new options under "Unread Notices" at https://inkbunny.net/account.php#email
* Added (API): We have added the ability to set a submission to "Friends Only" mode via the API. This was previously not possible via the API. Please see the added "friends_only" property in the documentation for editing submissions: http://wiki.inkbunny.net/wiki/API#Edit_Submission_Details
* Added (API): Added fields to the Search and Submissions interfaces that indicate the last datetime that a new file was added to a submission. This may be useful if you are caching submission file data and want to know quickly if any of the files (thumbnails and other data associated with files) have been updated per submission. Check out the fields called "last_file_update_datetime" and "last_file_update_datetime_usertime" in the Response section of the Search and Submissions interfaces: http://wiki.inkbunny.net/wiki/API#Search, http://wiki.inkbunny.net/wiki/API#Submission_Details. The quickest way to check for updated files on submissions using these new fields would be to use the Search interface in minimal output mode (skip returning description etc).
* Changed/Fixed: We have re-enabled some of the Search filter options that were turned off for a long time. https://inkbunny.net/search.php Those options were causing speed issues due to a bug in an older version of the database software we use. Thankfully they fixed it!
* Fixed: A bug in the dynamic time-of-day feature for the Equestria background meant it would change time of day once and then get stuck on that time forever. The time of day background image for the Equestria option should change with your local time now. Please check you have "Dynamic" time and the "Equestria" background selected in your Account Settings if you want to see this working properly. Many users may find it has got stuck on a pre-set time of day in settings, so you need to change it back to "Dynamic". https://inkbunny.net/account.php
* Fixed: A regression bug in Chrome means that the latest version of Chrome fails to play Flash files unless you explicitly define type='application/x-shockwave-flash' on the embed tag in the HTML. We now do this so Flash files play in the latest version of Chrome.
* Fixed: A bug in the shout/comment per hour limiter was stopping users from posting comments when they hadn't actually breached the limit.
* Lots of other minor bug fixes and security improvements.