The Furry Art community is enriched by people supporting a wide range of art sites. Please also consider SoFurry and ArtSpots as two examples of sites we highly recommend.
Rate and Keyword your work appropriately
Please take the time to give your artwork the correct rating and keywords before setting it Public. A wide range of people use Inkbunny and many like the fact they can filter out content they do not want to see. This leads to a more harmonious community but it only works if people set the right ratings and keywords!
If you see anything that you feel isn't rated or tagged right, please send a polite private note to the owner.
Changes to the Sales system
Inkbunny will move to a “Sales Management” system, allowing you to take orders and manage sales on Inkbunny, but with the payments being processed by you privately.
When the new system is completed, we will not take payments for you directly, but you still advertise your items for Sale via Inkbunny and it will look much the same as it does now.
The “Buy this now” thumbnails and links will appear as they do now, but will provide options for users to go to external sites where they can buy/pay for the item, an option to contact you directly for payment details, or the ability for users to place orders that you can then process and manage via Inkbunny.
Under the new system, Print orders will need to be fulfilled and shipped by you, or your customers can be sent to external Print Sales sites. Once we finish integrating a new system with our current Print Provider, the option for instant print sales will return as long as you have an account with them.
For now, the purchasing system is disabled and customers cannot check-out their orders. We will add a more detailed explanation to the checkout screen soon.
In the meantime you can keep uploading Sales versions to Inkbunny, mark them for sale and set prices. When the new system is complete, your current sales items and prices will be converted into the new sales system with preset defaults and you will then be able to configure the new options.
More details about all this will be coming soon!
Why is all this happening?
Several days ago we received a message from our current Payment Gateway Provider to say that they have decided to discontinue providing us the service, despite the fact they already approved our site and business model.
This is unfortunate considering the negotiation and assurances we had from them back when we first chose them as a provider.
As there is no suitable online payment alternative that accepts businesses that sell adult material, our only other option is to get our own credit card processing via a Merchant Account.
This is an expensive thing to do, and requires a lot of negotiating with banks to get a good deal when you run a site that handles Adult material and acts as a “Payment Processor” to artists, like we do.
But it does have a lot of advantages. We'll have much lower per-transaction fees to pay. Unfortunately direct credit card processing will only be viable once we have a lot more active members on the site and can expect a significantly higher sales volume than we have previously had. We'll keep everyone posted about this over the next few months.
Payouts to artists
Payments we owe to artists for past sales will continue being paid as per normal.
A call for Donors
Due to the changes in our Sales system, we will again be relying on donations to fund the site hosting costs.
Thank you very much everyone for the numerous offers of financial support we have received. We will be starting a new donations system in the next few days and we will announce how you can contribute then!
Updates to the Site
We are now running Version Beta 35.
* Added: There is now a “Photography” upload type. Just a reminder – Photography must be of things you created or own such as fursuits, sculptures, toys, etc. General photography is not allowed at this time.
* Change: Clicking submissions now loads the “Maximum Preview Size” version in a new tab. To change between Small and Large preview versions you now need to use the links below the submission image.
* Change: Users banned from your account can no longer reply to your comments anywhere in the system, even if they are on other users' submissions and journals.
* Fixed: Sometimes text files would be detected as “text/c++” or other odd types, and the system would refuse to let you upload them. Now all valid “text” types are accepted.
* Fixed: Large Thumbnails in Chrome would often display oddly, only having one thumbnail per row on some pages. This problem is now fixed but thumbnail display and spacing is still a bit odd in some places, but this is being fixed in the next version.
* Fixed: Artist names would sometimes be cut off under thumbnails, making it look like the names weren't displayed at all.
* Fixed: It was not possible to set Character sheets “public” if they were left as Private during the upload process.
* Fixed: The Pools Assign page would take you to a broken link if you clicked the Done button.
* Fixed: If you chose the Character Sheet type when uploading, the Pools Assign page would show in the Upload Wizard, even if you unchecked the box for it.
* Added: A message saying that a valid email is required to sign up has been added to the Signup page. You'd be amazed how many times a day people try to sign up with fake emails. I guess it's a useful basic intelligence test.
* Changed: All new accounts now have Large thumbnail display size chose by default.
* Fixed: Some checkboxes would disappear in the Admin section of Account Settings because Adblocker thought they were ads. The element ids were “ad1” and “ad2”, which Adblocker decided must mean they are ads.. of course.. >.< (But it was “ad” for “admin”).
* Added: Admins now have a quick list of latest journals site-wide. This is a feature we may extend to regular users too. We will also add Journal Searching if we do that.