Father And Son Trivia
1. The original idea for Father And Son came about after doing a binge of Pete and PJ fanart and fanfics. Pete and his son PJ are an example of father/son incest that I adore and I wanted to do something similar to how they're depicted only with a more functional family.
2. I decided to make Lars a young adult so that I could have more freedom with writing him. By making him 17 going on 18, I'm able to tackle all sorts of scenarios in addition to showing him as being in equal standing (more or less) to James. He's still James' son, but he's also his own person.
3. While I initially was going to focus on James and Lars, I decided to broaden my views in the stories as I developed supporting characters. This also allowed me to cover a much broader spectrum of story and problem types with different kinds of relationships.
4. Larson Alexander's name, hilariously, was NOT inspired by the Tekken character Lars Alexanderson. I was actually trying to go for more realistic sounding names then my normal anime-esq naming style. Lars struck me as a very realistically weird sounding name, so I went with it. Alex was also considered for Lars' name and I didn't want to just toss it out, so I made it the family name
5. While these characters are supposed to be living relatively normal lives, a lot of them would count as being Badass Abnormal, as they are slightly unrealistic sizes and have unrealistic/disproportionate levels of strength and dexterity. The most unrealistic of these characters would be Grandaddy Alex, who barely even counts as being anything resembling normal in appearance, biology or personality.
6. This is the only mature story series I've written and publicly released to date.
1. Species I considered for James and Lars initially: Lions, Bears, Bulldogs
2. If given races, the Alexander family would be Cajun/Black. Latriana and her side of the family would be Latin. I try to show this through James, Lars and especially Grandaddy Alex's mannerisms and speech.
3. The "Little gay friend" that James refers to is Ninetails, my fan character/fursona. Lars and Ninetails were classmates since Kindergarten and when Ninetails came out in Jr. High, Lars started to hang out with him in order to build up the courage to come out himself. When high school came around, the different districts meant they went to different schools. They still see each other around and when they do, it's like old times.
4. James' relationship with his father was initially planned to be a lot more complicated and dark. As I wrote out the Reunion story arc, though, the mood lightened considerably. I decided to use some of the ideas I had for Omar's backstory.
5. While James and Lars prefer boxers, Grandaddy Alex prefers briefs. James and Lars say that boxers allow their junk to hang more freely while Grandaddy Alex thinks that briefs are able to breath easier and look sexier.
6. Grandaddy Alex is fluent in french. He taught all his children french as well, though they haven't exactly kept up with it over the years.
Darius & Omar-----
1. Darius was initially going to be a Great Dane, but after writing his first appearance and deciding on a look for him, I thought he would work better as a breed of husky, and ret-conned him into a Golden Siberian Husky in the story.
2. Omar is a polar bear mainly so that...I can have a polar bear character. Polar bears are my favorite animals.
3. Being a husky, Darius is able to do the iconic demon eyed expression husky's are known for. His family refers to it as the "Murderous Eye"
4. It was initially Omar's father who was obsessed with grandchildren and messing up his sexuality, but I thought that it would result in there being too much emphasis and focus on fathers in the series(Ironically.) and switched it to his mother.
5. Darius and Omar's relationship and story was written as my own little soapbox aesop: You are what you are. Trying to deny it will only bring you heartache and needless complication in life.
6. If given races, Darius and Omar would be Caucasian, both of them being Texan.
1. Eugine is a Corgi and has a history of being perverted. He's also a bit of a doormat, but uses that to his advantage when it comes to negotiating.
2. Kamile has known James since college. They were study buddies who both got into the same internship program and both got jobs at Lions Gate bank. She is very much the Riza Hawkeye to James' Roy Mustang. While they dated briefly, they found that they worked better as friends.
3. Lamar is Lars' closest friend on the wrestling team, a black bear and one of the few people that Lars talks with without censoring himself. Lamar is very laid back and mellow, but also takes on the role of school informant, knowing all the school's developments before anyone else, especially unplanned dismissals and days off.
4. The AlphaMuscle gym is known through the city as a gay friendly gym. Most of the frequenters of the gym are homosexual and bisexual men who felt uncomfortable in other gyms. Rumor has it that one of the stalls in the bathroom has a gloryhole. These claims, however, are unconfirmed.