I will admit to some serious stage fright in working on this one. I'd put so much work into the inks that I actually intimidated myself when it came time to do the color work. To the point that I was afraid I'd ruin it if I took that extra step.
After finally committing myself to working on old commissions, I talked over a few techniques with twilight316 and, between the two of us, worked out a method of getting a background that I was actually aiming for. Once we figured it out, it all fell together in VERY short order. :)
This, then, is the final result of one of the most difficult pieces I've yet to have done. I'm incredibly happy with it. :)