This is Menagen Scinarat, the stark rival to Gene Scinamal. This guy is yet another character who had a completely different design before I finally drew him, but this was getting to the point where I was slowly turning all characters who were formerly Manans into Animals. I wanted to draw him as a Rat (Scarizu), and scrap his former design which I kept imagining him looking like Dr Wily.
1. Unlike Gene, Menagen's name isn't short for anything. He actually is named Menagen. His last name was changed to match Gene's new last name, primarily since he died shortly after Gene did and forgot his old name entirely.
2. Like Gene and as stated, he too came from Earth, though his death was due to a dream/nightmare he had about his former lab partner. What bugged him the most about her death is the fact that he always saw her as the "one" he wanted to "Beat" since Gene was always making top marks in school and always producing the best results from experiments and was clearly the most creative (despite her Boss and former Classmate Intrusion thinking differently). He essentially felt so bad when she died that he effectively killed himself (He tried to study gene manipulation and ended up poisoning himself before a chemical reaction caused an explosion that killed him) so he could see her again. Soula felt so much pity for him that she allowed him into the Starmaninjian universe despite his nature. He actually has no memory of his life on Earth though.
3. While he seems evil and insane, he's actually extremely intelligent. He never accepts a challenge that he feels would hurt him or anyone he cares about, despite declaring most of the challenges. He also has great respect for Gene, but that's why he's so antagonistic against her. He's really just trying to keep encouraging her to do crazy things that he can improve on himself.
4. As a Rizu, he's extremely short. Half Gene's height actually. Also, despite actually being just a bit older than Gene was on earth, in Starmaninja he's protrayed as much older, 50 versus 20. It's mostly for show to make him seem like a veteran Mad Scientist.
5. Menagen is not romantically interested in Gene and vice versa. Though Gene may occasionally tease him, she kind of respects him too much as a rival to want to ever get intimate with him. Menagen simply thinks she's too chaotic to want to live with anyway and....too immature, but he won't say that outloud.