And it's finished for now. More info on it later today but for now I wanted to get it up.
About this pic: This started out as a traditional sketch I made as part of me practicing structure. I later went and made it the summer pic for this year. Was meant to be one of many but I ended up losing to much time. Mostly to studying art as well as reading up on feminism to help ensure the mostly female cast won't come off as offensive to female players. Story wise things will be fine partly due to the swear size of the cast with a strong attempt to keep things well written. But character designs as been the biggest concern.
I also started making better use of Gimp's Layer Transparency lock. Saves a lot of time when rendering and honestly something I should have done more often. All coloring and rendering was done by hand with the brush tool. The background and ocean was made using the rectangle select tool and clean up with the brush. the buildings and towel however were done entirely by brush. Though I may have over did it with atmospheric drop effect and high use of blue. I wanted to keep the background elements simple without coming off as over decorated to keep focus on the character, as well as keep saturation down low. But it might have turned out a bit worse then intended.
It feels great to be really improving bit by bit but until I finish my basic studies I can't really practice advance stuff as much as I use to. probably for the better in the long run though.