It's been now a month that I'm thinking about my skills, and about my trainning...
Why can't I draw the way I want, and why am I not able to draw some pictures when other artists are able to ? Yeah, I'm speaking especially about porn art.
I've noticed for instance, that I'm totally unable to draw good and decent threesomes, I dunno' why, but everytime I try, my perspective view is completely shattered and I draw stupidly the next part without caring if the character has a normal pose or if he's completely off... And that problem appeared again recently...
I've been wondering if I'm really able to draw good porn...
- Personnally, I don't RP cause I don't want to waste my time on chat rooms when I can use this time to draw... a lot :).
- I never found porn pictures arousing except porn movies... When I stare at a porn picture of an anime for instance, I think of the artist who drawn the pic, what kind of tool he used to create this, and what he was thinking at that time, when a friend of mine would already have removed his pants to jerk off... Yeah...Am I that unsensitive ? -_-
- By keeping this statement, I think : That's probably because I don't read, and that I never watch mangas that I'm so bad with my art... I rarely take the occasion to observe my world around me, I don't care of those new animes that everyone speak about and all... And when I try to watch a thing that everyone like ( like MLP for instance ), I always reject it... Same goes for music. I'm not able to listen to a song which were done after 2000.
- Another problem comes when a friend of mine tries to help me improve my art skills. That's nice and always appreciated. But apparently, even by receiving great advises, I never follow them... I don't know why I do that o_o...
When I watch the works of other artists, I see them drawing different kind of pics, playing with their characters easily, and taking the time to draw awesome stuff.
There's a difference here. I must admit that I'm not a real digital lover.
- First, I never draw with my Pentablet, even if I have a great Wacom tablet ( A4 ), I don't use it for that.
I only need it when it's time to set the curvy lines on SAI and to colour some small parts where a mouse couldn't do it easily...
Second, I hate spending time colouring my work and try shadings. If only there were a tool which could make automatic shadows... Ah, that's so true ! I always rush my pictures when it's time to colour and use the light/shade effects...
The Quality is acceptable cause I know different techniques that can « hide » my skills defects like the Black layer behind the picture. It removes every white pixel, which is awesome ! ( when a Real artist would ban this idea immediatly... )
I use SAI to make great curvy lines for inking, making look like VECTORIZED lines when it's not the case... I use this, cause I've never been able to use correctly the pencil tool on Photoshop. Yurgh ><... The Pressure Tool allows me to make my lines smooth and nice.
For colourings, you probably noticed that I closed a lot of areas between lines... Why ? To allow myself to use the MAGIC WAND set to a tolerance of 150.
I've never accepted to take the time colouring my work with the pentablet, when it's 150 % easier to use the magic wand and fill the selections... The black layer will fix the colors troubles :).
As for shadings, there's a lot of tools which are awesome but most of the time, it's the longest part that I always try to reduce the most...
When I watch some artists thanks to Livestream, I often see them using simple tools and they work calmly and relieved... when I'm generally stressed and speedy. The quickest I do the pic, the best it is. And it's not rare to hear my yelling against a pic that I've drawn with... pleasure -_-°°°°...
I know this is ABSOLOUTELY not the right way to follow when you're an artist. But I've always been like that. Even with my art.
So, of course I'm not the worst artist ever by cheating like this but... Well, is that really cheating ? After all, I draw the pics thanks to my own skills and a traditionnal HB pen. I just edit them digitally, the fastest way possible... so... it's probably not cheating...
It's not like if I take a picture drawn by somebody else and trace over his layer to draw my pics... That kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable and I consider it as « Art thief ».
So, what do you think ? Do you really think that I can keep the title of Artist when you know that I hate, in fact, editting my pics ?
I'll keep thinking and tell you more, next time...
5 years, 2 months ago
01 Aug 2013 20:16 CEST