70 question meme
1. Are your parents married or divorced? They were married for 59 years, before mom passed away. Both are gone now.
2. Are you a vegetarian? Nope. I'm quite happily an Omnivore.
3. Do you believe in Heaven? I believe that Heaven is one of many afterlife possibilities, suitable for those who follow the Christian religion. When this life ends for me, I'll no doubt visit my parents there, before moving on to my next reincarnation.
4. Have you ever come close to dying? Not very close, no, though I had pneumonia once that was serious enough to go to the hospital.
5. What jewelry do you wear 24/7? Nothing.
6. Favorite time of day? Sunset.
7. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Yes
8. Do you wear makeup? No, unless I am doing something theatrical.
9. Ever have plastic surgery? No
11. What do you wear to bed? Nothing
12. Have you ever done anything illegal? Yes
13. Can you roll your tongue? No
14. Do you tweeze your eyebrows? No, but I do trim stray hairs now and then, or pull out a straggly one with my fingers.
15. What kind of sneakers? Various brands of cross trainers, almost always black.
16.Do you believe in Abortions? I believe there are circumstances where it is justified, and that no one answer fits all cases. Only the ones involved can decide.
17. What is your Hair color? Dark brown. Going gray, mostly in the beard.
18. Future child's name? There won't be any future ones. The one I already have is quite sufficient.
19. Do you snore? Yes, occasionally.
20. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Oregon
21. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Occasionally. When I am away from my lifemate, she gave me a tiny stuffed cougar kitten to sleep with, to remind me of her. I have quite a few stuffed animals scattered around our bedroom, but none share our bed.
22. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Pay off my bills and mortgage, and move to Oregon.
23. Gold or silver? Gold. My skin is acidic and if silver remains in contact with my skin, it turns dark purple…
24. Hamburger or hot dog? Hamburger
25. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Rice.
26. City, beach or country? City.
27. What was the last thing you touched? My keyboard, as I typed this!
28. Where did you eat last? In my home office - snacking on Cheetoes and a drinking a Coke.
29. When's the last time you cried? When I attended my father's funeral.
30. Do you read blogs? Rarely
31. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex? Haven't yet, but I might…
32. Ever been involved with the police? Not for anything more serious than a traffic citation.
33. What's your favorite shampoo conditioner and soap? Pert shampoo / Dial anti-bacterial bar soap
34. Do you talk in your sleep? Occasionally, but not often.
35. Ocean or pool? Pool. I have a very nice 16 foot diameter pool that is set up in the back yard 3/4 of the year for my family to enjoy.
36. Missing question, make your own. What did the Mayans really intend after the last day of their major calendar? To start the next cycle, of course.
37. Who would you take on a ménage à trois for a dirty weekend? Damned if I know.
38. Window seat or aisle? Window
39. Ever met anyone famous? Quite a few: Millionaire Richard Garriot. Actor James Doohan. Magician Harry Blackstone Junior.
40. Do you feel that you've had a truly successful life? Married 29 years, 1 great kid -YES.
41. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? Twirl
42. Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey? Neither
43. Basketball or Football? Basketball
44. How long do your showers last? 25 - 30 minutes
45. Automatic or do you drive a stick? Automatic, but my first one was a stick.
46. Cake or ice cream? Cake
47. Are you self-conscious? Yes
48. Have you ever drank so much you threw up? Yes, but that is very rare for me. Last time was decades ago.
49. Have you ever given money to a beggar? Yes, but I tend not to
50. Have you been in love? Yes, and still am in love - with my lifemate.
51. Where do you wish you were? Portland, Oregon.
52. Are you wearing socks? Not at the moment, no. I tend to only wear socks when going out of the house. In my home I wear slippers, no socks.
53. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? Yes. Was severely burned once.
54. Can you tango? Learned how so long ago that I've long since forgotten the steps.
55. Last gift you received? Sterling silver cufflinks, with a Celtic knotwork design and a matching box to store them in.
56. Last sport you played? Archery
57. Things you spend a lot of money on? DVD's of movies, and books. Lots of books.
58. Where do you live? Texas
59. Where were you born? Oregon
60. Last wedding attended? My best friend's wedding - I was the best man.
61. Favorite underwear? Black bikini-style briefs
62. Tattoos? None, and never will have any
63. Most hated food(s)? Bell peppers - any color - allergic in a way that sends me straight to the bathroom for hours… O^O!
64. What's your least fav.? Huge crowds of aggravated shoppers during the Holidays.
65. Can you sing? Very well. I can also write lyrics and compose music.
66. Last person you instant messaged? A project manager at work. I telecommute and do most of my work communication via an IM system. But I virtually never IM anyone for personal stuff.
67. Last place you went on holiday? Virginia, with my family, to get a dog.
68. Favourite regular drink? Coke, cold, in the can.
69. Current Song? 'Thundercats are Loose' - my family has been watching the original cartoon series on DVD a lot recently.
70. Tag 3 friends: Huh? Tag them?
5 years, 8 months ago
25 Dec 2012 00:19 CET