Well...I think once again I stepped into a project a little too quickly. This morning I finally finished what I thought was a good character model, but it still didn't capture the character's features like it should. So now, I'm stuck with a 3D model with messed up flow zones around the eyes and mouth.
I ended up actually getting reference images of the character from one of the movies and setting them both up as image planes in Maya. This time, I can't go wrong.
...I'm disappointed I didn't do it the right way the first time...well, lesson learned.
I've found that trying to model characters created by someone else is infinitely more difficult than modeling a character of my own design.
6 years, 11 months ago
24 Jun 2012 08:03 CEST