Today we made the most important change to our site since we launched.
To the outside world it probably doesn't look too much different. But to regular users of the site, the difference will be dramatic.
We just added a new messages Portal, which revolutionizes the way you receive and read message notifications on Inkbunny. Check it out https://inkbunny.net/portal.php
Anyone with an account full of a zillion unread notices is going to suddenly find their lives a whoooole lot easier. Casual users with just a few notices will find the experience a lot more streamlined and enjoyable too. And the thinking that has lead to this new system is going to be extended to all other parts of Inkbunny.
The Portal has lots of nifty features:
- Live update/notification of new messages (no need to refresh the page!).
- Quick remove messages with a single click (no page refresh or “save” needed).
- Auto remove messages as you click to read them.
- Scroll back through your messages timeline infinitely without having to click on “next page” or clear newer messages just to see the older ones.
- All message types listed on the one screen.
- Preview thumbnail of the submission that comments/favs are on.
- Preview of comment and journal content.
- Filter by message type (just show all comments, or all journals, etc).
We plan to make many more improvements to it, and to add similar functionality to the New Submissions and Private Messages pages next. If you have suggestions or ideas (or bug reports!) then please let us know right away.
If you like how the new notices system works, we encourage you to discuss it on other sites too. Let them know about the revolution here on Inkbunny!
Other less exciting but also pretty important changes
* Removed “New Pool” notifications from the messages system. Those were redundant as users will always see the new submissions in the pool anyway. They will see the pool when they click on the new submissions. We may add a “watch pool” option later.
* Made the “Open Support Ticket” font bigger on the Support Tickets page. That link was hard to find!
* Fixed: A bug in the Submission page meant multi-page video or flash submissions would get the size of the video wrong. Now it displays multi page vids and flash pages with the right aspect ratio.
* Fixed: When Administrators replaced a file or thumbnail on another user's account, that user then could not change or delete the new file. That was a bug!
* Fixed: Starling, because he kept trying to hump Ben's leg.
* Changed the name and description of the “Appearance” section of the Character Sheet. It is now called “Body” and has the description “How the character looks including body shape, hair, fur, skin, marking, colors or any other important details”.
* Fixed: A bug stopped the Banner and Background "instant change" features working on Encrypted pages such as Login and Submission upload.