Just some new features and bug fixes to report this week.
Upload for the API
The Inkbunny API is a nifty set of scripts that allow external applications (like phone apps) to connect to Inkbunny directly. We have just added Upload and Edit Submission Details capability to the API. This means that if anyone wants to write external apps to upload or manage submissions on IB, that is now possible.
MD5 Hash / Fingerprints
An MD5 Hash is a special ID code that is generated from the contents of a file. They are a strange string of numbers and letters that you may have seen on other sites or in filenames that look something like this: "6512d65b4f66f2aa56d46ee2a17adeab". For more detailed info about MD5 on Inkbunny, check out the Inkbunny MD5 FAQ.
It is a quick way to identify and search for that same file within Inkbunny or on other Art galleries. Because it calculates the code based on the file contents, it doesn't matter if the file name has been changed.
MD5 Hashes are now listed in the Details section for all submissions on Inkbunny, and you can also search by MD5 Hash on the Search page. There is now a "Find Identical Posts" link alongside the MD5 listing for each submission.
Now that MD5 listing/searching is available through the Inkbunny API, other art sites can now integrate with Inkbunny to instantly cross-link to identical posts, or automatically link to sales versions on IB, etc. There's a whole bunch of interesting new possibilities. We are now in discussions with some other popular art sites to see what cross-site features can be added to benefit the community!
If you are an art site admin and would be interested in working with us to add cross-site functionality, please contact
Here's the detailed list! Revision details and full Development History are always available on the Revisions page.
* Fixed: "Unread Submissions" counts were going a bit haywire again. We've changed the way those counts are calculated so it should be back to sanity now. Please let us know if your "Unread Submissions" count (in the top menu) and the actual number of Unread Submissions you see don't match.
* Added: Upload and Editing Submission Details is now possible via the Inkbunny API.
* You can now search file MD5 Hashes on the Search page https://inkbunny.net/search.php This allows for images to be searched between Inkbunny and other Art sites, and for duplicate uploads of the same work to be found easily. MD5 Hashes and quick duplicate search options are now available in the Details section of every Submission. For more info check out MD5 on Inkbunny.
* Added: MD5 Hash listing and search capability is now available through the Inkbunny API. For more info check out MD5 on Inkbunny.
* Thumbnails on the Members list are now all "Medium" size. Bigger is better!
* In the Members list, latest upload now shows in place of "Featured" if no featured submission is chosen.