This is it! The actual definite totally for real final update before we launch!
How do I know? Well, once we've all played with this update for a few hours and we're happy there's no massive holes in it, we go LIVE.
At this stage it looks like our launch time will be 8pm Saturday 13th June, New York time (EDT). I will announce it the moment we go live, of course.
It's been a long road but we're almost there. Then we start a whole new journey for the site!
In this latest version we have the following things to test. You've got less than 9 hours to find all the bugs. If you do find anything nasty, let us know via the Support Tickets system asap! Go go go!
- Several changes to the Philosophy, Terms of Service and related documents. Please read them again.
- Changed "Messages" to "Notices". Which is less confusing now that we have "Private Messages" in the menu too.
- Screen width is now auto-detected for Guests and new user accounts so that Wide-screen mode is enabled on gallery by default for screens wider than 1024 pixels. Everyone with existing accounts can turn on wide-screen mode by going to the Gallery view and clicking "Expand" in the top-right corner.
- BBCode now has text-only equivalents of all tags. This means that when you write a message with bbcode, it will appear nicely in emails and summaries.
- Changes to the "Also see:" sections in the Latest and Popular sections of the site to make it easier to navigate to submission types like Comics, Portfolios, etc.
- There is now a clear indicator on your own Bookshelf page as to whether it is set Private or Public.
- Some fixes for the Story Reader tool display problems in IE.
- More fixes for bugs in the Notices and New Submissions counts.
- Upgraded our embedded media player to JWPlayer 5.2.
- Updated the layout of the userpage.
- Your latest Twitter tweets can now be displayed on your userpage.
- Changed order of Price Picker +/- buttons so 1¢ is on the left and $10 on the right in order least to greatest amount. It makes more sense.
- Moved mail notification icon to the right so it's not too prominent all the time.
- Notifications are now removed for all types if the thing you are being notified of has been deleted. So now there are no more pointless "Journal has been deleted" notices, for example.
- Lots of fixes for bizarre behavior of checkboxes in IE. The idiots at Microsoft broke the "onChange" event handling so it makes me write special code just for it, and wastes my time. But you don't use IE, do you? :P Inkbunny actually looks much better in Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- Fixed some ugly icon shadow problems with mail icon and star icons that occurred in IE because it doesn't support CSS Opacity properly. Ugh.
- More efficiency and security fixes.
Thank you everyone,
11 years, 11 months ago
12 Jun 2010 17:09 CEST
|Site News Item: