We have a new background system that needs some thorough testing.
It should scale to match your monitor maximum dimensions (take a look at it with your browser in Full Screen mode.. F11 on most browsers I think?). Non-IE browser users with two monitors can also try dragging the window to their second monitor and reloading the page. It should resize the background to match the new monitor size, assuming they are different.
IE will just size the background to fit your Primary monitor's maximum size, and ignores your second monitor.
Please report any issues with page loading times and browser performance.
for lending us the current background until we get our own.
Times-of-day won't work with the new background but that's just because this is a testing image and we don't have night, dusk and dawn versions of it. We have commissioned a new background with the 4 times of day that will change just like the old one did. That is coming soon!
Eventually we will have the option to select from a number of different backgrounds, all with 4 times of day, or to choose no background at all (solid color or simple pattern).
Other changes in this version include:
- Fixed an error with the "Hide welcome message" link that stopped it working from SSL encrypted pages.
- More fixes for the search system. It wasn't doing "all of the words" searches right for keywords.
- Fixed various problems for guest users including blank front page on first visit to the site, and digital items all saying "already in basket" when they weren't.
- Anyone logged in to your account is now forced to log out when you change your password (via password reset or Account Settings screens).
- Payment receipts were showing blank detail entries in some places. This should now be fixed but we need a real purchase to happen before we're sure of that, please check your receipts next time you buy.
- Pools with no title can now be selected for edit/delete operations.
- Ratings now don't get locked on when a Moderator edits any other detail about an image (without changing ratings).