We just finished updating Inkbunny to Beta Version 22. There's one big important change and a bunch of smaller useful ones. Full list is at the end of this journal.
No More Gray Boxes
The biggest change is that if you block submissions by a keyword, they no longer show as pointless "Blocked" grayed-out thumbnails.
Blocked submissions are now totally hidden and won't get in the way. If you prefer to have the gray blocked thumbnails back so you can still see what is being hidden from you, just go to Account Settings and change the setting under "Misc".
We now have a quick codes you can type to access the most common BBCodes.
For example you can now type @ starling (with no space after the @ symbol) to get a usericon and name like this:
We also have shortcuts for FurAffinity and Sofurry account links like this someguy, someguy. Just type "fa! someguy" (with no space or quotes) for FA links, and "sf! someguy" for Sofurry links.
Embedding thumbnails also has shortcuts now. "#M 9412" (with no space or quotes) will show a medium thumbnail for submission 9412. Small and large can be access with "#S 9412" and "#L 9412" so you get:
Lower Alertpay Minimum Payouts to Artists
Artists now get paid when their Account Balance reaches a minimum of $5. This is down from $10 previously.
Bigger Hi Res Files
Following several requests, we have increased the maximum file size limit for Hi Res uploads (for print and digital sales) to 300MB. This is useful for artists now uploading entire yearly collections of their art as portfolios for sale.
Full List of Changes for this Version
Latest changes are always listed on the Revisions page, but I copy them here for the convenience of anyone reading this as an email.
* New Feature - Submissions blocked by Rating or Keywords are now totally hidden. They will not show in Gallery or other views at all, so no more annoing gray "blocked" thumbnails. You can put it back into the "gray blocked thumbnails" mode if you like, by changing the setting in Account Settings.
* New Feature - Inkbunny Wiki pages will now begin to give more detailed info about site features. The first (and only page so far!) is called Prints - Sizes, Shipping, Technical. Links to this detailed print info are in the site Footer and also on the Sales File upload page.
* Watch, Donate and Private Message links are now on Gallery and Scraps pages.
* New Feature - New BBCode tags. Linking to user pages on common external sites. So far we have FurAffinity and Sofurry. These will display the username as a link, with a little icon beside it showing the site it will go to.
[fa]username[/fa] to create a quick link to a FurAffinity user page.
[sf]username[/sf] to create a quick link to a Sofurry user page.
* New Feature - BBCode shortcuts for common BBCode tags. You can now type special quick codes that will work the same as the BBCode tags they link to.
New Shortcuts include:
@ username (with no space) to quickly show the username with an icon and link to userpage (same as typing [iconname]username[/iconname]).
#S 9412, #M 9412 and #L 9412 (with no spaces) for small, medium and large thumbnail links. Eg: #M 9412 is the same as typing [mediumthumb]9412[/mediumthumb].
fa! username ("fa" followed by exclamation mark "!" and then username) will show a link to "username" account on Furaffinity.net like username
sf! username ("sf" followed by exclamation mark "!" and then username) will show a link to "username" account on Sofurry.com like username
All quick links are case-insensitive so #m 9412 is the same as #M 9412 (no spaces again). See BBcode Help for more details.
* BBCode button for "URL" will now ask for a URL when you click it, and insert it automatically for you.
* The Join and Login buttons are now much bigger when you aren't logged in.
* Video player now resizes to match the maximum possible size and correct aspect ratio within the maximum allowed by the site layout (920px wide). You still have to click the Full Screen mode button on the player, or Download the original file to see it in original size if it's bigger than 920px wide.