The Care Bears
- C'mon, sailors! Keep rowing for us to reach the beach, after all a treasure awaits us! - Will Wolf said excitedly, holding a piece of wood as if it were a sword, wearing a red scarf on his head and an improvised eye patch like a pirate - Firm at the helm, sailor Rare. And strength in the muscles, Unbreakable and Athletic!
- How about instead of you standing there at the front doing nothing, you help our brothers to row? - questioned the Tasmanian tiger with a frown, wearing a straw hat and a cloak, while holding a shovel pretending to be the rudder - Besides, we agreed that you wouldn't be the captain!
- And you want to be thrown to the sharks, sailor Rare? - Will asked still in his role as a pirate - I can make you walk on the board and know the bottom of the sea...
- Land! Land! - shouted the little red tiger pointing towards the backyard fence - Row! Row!
- Teasule is urs! Wow!! (The treasure is ours) - agreed the young husky, while paddling harder using the toy plow.
The four boys, dressed in their pirate costumes, were in the center of the garden in an old metal clothing basin, pretending to sail the sea while searching for treasure. In fact, just a packet of candy, a Superman doll and a toy car that they themselves had hidden in a bag next to the backyard fence.
- I'm serious, Will! - Rare said in an upset tone, standing up and jumping out of the bowl - If you are going to start wanting to be the boring leader again, I'll stop playing right now!
- Aww, Rare! Don't spoil our game, we are so close to finding the treasure! - replied the little purple wolf crossing his arms, when he saw something that attracted his attention - And you better go back inside the boat, because there are four sharks there!
The young marsupial just looked back and saw his sisters Peaceful White Tigress, Honest Cheetah, Sugar Cougar and Deductive Arctic Fox approaching. When the young African female feline heard the wolf brother's words, she stopped and looked around before turning to him.
- What do you mean by sharks? - she asked with a frown - Are you referring to us?
- Yes, after all only sharks like you can live in the water - replied the boy with a provocative chuckle - Now sailor Rare, get back in the boat and let's finish our treasure hunt!
- Are you playing pirates? - asked Peaceful with a curious smile, while the Tasmanian tiger just returned silently into the basin.
- Yeah, pilites! - Athletic agreed cheerfully.
- Teasule sight! Teasule sight! - said Unbreakable smiling without stopping.
- That cool! - said Sugar excitedly - Can we play too?
- Let pay! Let pay! (Let's play!) - Deductive asked taking a few leaps of happiness.
Rare smiled at the animation of the sisters, and was about to respond by inviting them to play with him and the brothers when Will interrupted him.
- No! You will not play with us! - said the little purple wolf with a frown and staring at the sisters - Now go back to the mainland and go and prepare the dinner of the brave pirates who explored the sea!
- Hey! That's not fair! - complained Honest stamping the ground - We are not your subjects for you to give us orders like that! Also, why can't we play with you?
- Playing pirates is only for strong and smart boys like us! And not for boring girls who like pink things. And you will regret it if you do not leave our boat right now.
- Seriously? Are you threatening us? - Peaceful asked crossing her arms - What will you do with us, you silly little wolf?
- Sailors! Prepare the bombs! - Will shouted with a mischievous smile, when the little husky and the little tiger dropped their makeshift oars and took, from a basket in the center of the basin, several party balloons filled with water - Attack!!!
And at the same moment the two baby cousins started throwing the balloons in the direction of the sisters, who screamed and ran away so as not to get wet by the boys.
- Excellent job, sailors! - said the little purple wolf, laughing without stopping - So they will learn what happens when pirates are provoked.
- Don't you think you exaggerated a little? - asked Rare, frowning slightly - They'll tell Mom that we wet them, and we can finish grounding the rest of the week.
- Oh, stop being scared, Rare - Will replied with a wink - They won't tell Mommy, after all if they do, we'll tell you about who ate the blackberry pie that Aunt Architect made yesterday. Now let's go after our treasure!
- Yeah, teasule! Teasule! - agreed Athletic and Unbreakable, rowing again, while the Tasmanian tiger just rolled his eyes, knowing he was getting into trouble because of his wolf brother.
Meanwhile, the girls took refuge on the corner of the house, where they stopped to catch their breath and dry off. That was when Sugar clenched her fists and gritted her teeth, stamping her foot on the floor.
- That's not fair! - she shouted in an irritated tone - Will always finds an excuse to say that we can't play with the boys. But we are as strong and smart as they are!
- They can't do this to us and get away with it - Honest said with a thoughtful look, crossing her arms - But what could we do to teach them a lesson? If we get close, they will throw those water balloons, and Mom will certainly be mad at us all.
- I think I have an idea... - commented Peaceful with a mischievous smile - If we can't be pirates with the boys, then we will be pirates alone.
- We pilites! - Deductive exclaimed happily, jumping in the air, before she looked at her sister white tigress - How?
- I also don't understand your idea - confessed the young cheetah.
- Come with me, I'll explain to you while we get ready - said Peaceful, as she and the sisters ran into the house.
Meanwhile, the boys had descended from the basin, pretending that they had reached the beach and were beginning to explore the place. And although they knew very well where they had hidden the “treasure”, they took a long walk around the house.
- Watch out for the deadly quicksand pit! - Will said, pointing in the direction of the flower bed of Mother - Whoever falls there will never see the sun again.
- It's getting dark, we better run - commented Rare, recovering his good mood and the desire to play - What is our first clue, Will?
- We have to cross that dark canyon, over the lava river - replied the little wolf, pointing to the corridor between the side of the house and the fence - Who has the courage to accompany me on this terrible journey?
- Me me! - Unbreakable said, taking out his sword, or rather, an old toothbrush from inside the diaper - I wanto go aead (I want to go ahead)!
- No, I wanto go aead (No, I want to go ahead)! - Athletic said with a frown - Plas, brother Will (Please, brother Will).
- Listen, sailors! Thank you for wanting to take a chance, but I will go ahead, because I am the oldest and most experienced - replied the wolf with a friendly smile, walking towards the corridor, while the two younger brothers ran after him.
- He's older just because he was found by Mom and Dad first - Rare murmured teasingly, following the others.
Stepping only on the stones of the corridor and pretending that the grass was lava, the quartet walked slowly until they reached the front of the house, where they pretended to be a large plain full of wild animals, represented by Cosmo's lawn mower and pushcart. As they passed in front of the balcony, they saw Internum, Sofia, Golden, Dreamer, Prism, Technique and Ability sitting there.
- Look, natives of the island! - Will said pointing in the direction of the siblings - Wave to them, they are our friends and will not attack us.
The studious female raccoon and the teacher female bear quickly started laughing, and waved back to the group of pirate boys as they moved away towards the other corridor, which was now the bottom of a dangerous ravine, where stones were falling from the top of the mountains. And all the way, the little purple wolf was singing animatedly, guiding the three brothers.
Oh! Oh! Oh!
I'm the pirate
Of the wooden leg
From the glass eye
And the bad face!
- Where did you get that song from, Will? - Rare finally asked curiously - Do you think the pirates sing this while they are exploring?
- Of course, I saw it in the movies - replied the young wolf, when they finally returned to the inner yard and stopped in front of the big apple tree that was there - Now we are close. The treasure is marked by an "X" inside a wheel.
- There! Teasule there! - Athletic shouted cheerfully, showing an old bicycle tire with two sticks crossed inside, placed over the bushes.
- Excellent job, sailors! - exclaimed the purple wolf happily - Quick, let's get our treasure!
Dropping their "swords" behind, the quartet ran into the bushes, where they had hidden the bag of candies and toys. But much to their surprise, there was nothing there. For a second Will, Rare, Athletic and Unbreakable looked at the empty stone where they had kept their “treasure” hours before, and then looked at each other without understanding anything, until they heard a familiar voice coming from behind them.
- Hey fools! Looking for that? - the four turned in that direction just to see Peaceful, Honest, Sugar and Deductive dressed as pirates, holding the treasure bag in their hands and also the boys' toy swords - Who said girls can't play pirates?
- Give us back our stuff! - shouted the young wolf with a snarl.
- Only if you manage to reach Captain Peaceful and her fearless pirates! - Honest replied maliciously, when she and the other sisters ran through the garden, followed by the boys trying to retrieve their toys and candies.
Internum and Sofia continued to sit on the porch, teaching the colors and letters to Golden, Dreamer, Engineer, Technique, Prism and Ability. Although the raccoon was not really a teacher, from the first moment she set out to help the youngest siblings on the incredible literacy journey, and it was her idea to divide the cubs into groups in order to work better with them. Besides, she could always count on the help of the bear teacher.
- I can only thank you once again, Sofia, for coming here to help me with the cubs - said the greenish raccoon with a kind smile - Especially today, which was her first day as a teacher at the city school...
- Oh, you don't have to thank me - replied the orange female bear cheerfully - I love teaching people to read, write, discover their skills and be critical thinking. Also, your siblings and cousins are too cute for me to refuse to help you with this task.
- Well, I won't disagree with that - Internum agreed with a chuckle - And what did your new students think about having a bear as a teacher? You were very anxious yesterday to find out what their reaction would be.
- You know I always stay like that every time the school year starts. Fortunately, children always love the idea of having a different teacher, and I also always make a point of teaching my students without being orthodox. Imagination games, participatory practical classes, individualized attention all help to make the bond between students and teacher stronger.
- Usually, children always react well to news. At first, Mom and Dad were concerned about how Peaceful would react to being no longer the only child in the family. But she accepted the new siblings very well, and that calmed us down a lot. In addition, she, Honest and Sugar always help us look after the youngest, especially now that Mom is pregnant.
- Yes, I bet your routine has completely changed, both with the arrival of all the new cubs, and because of Mother's pregnancy.
- This is true, and it was even more complicated while our house was undergoing renovations - pondered the raccoon thoughtfully - Fortunately, despite all this, I always managed to keep the schedule of lessons for my siblings and cousins.
- You really did well in this, especially after you divided the children into three groups, according to their ages - agreed the teacher female bear, before looking in the direction of Dreamer and Golden playing with colorful blocks of letters and numbers, and for the four boys carefully scribbling something on a sheet of paper - What are they up to now?
- Honestly, I have no idea. Yesterday they built a robot using shampoo bottles, cardboard boxes, plastic hoses and tape. Last week they were calculating the Pythagorean Theorem using the porch ladder.
- Heavens, I am impressed with the intelligence of these four boys! They don't even know how to speak, but one day they will build a rocket to go to the Moon! What about Golden and Dreamer?
- They are also very intelligent, but not as much as the brothers and cousin. Since they were at the store this afternoon, along with Mom, I didn't have time to give their daily lessons before. But they have done well in learning the letters and numbers... Golden even already knows the name of the letters and can read her own name!
- Wow! You swear? - asked Sofia with an admired look.
- Yes, I'll show you - Internum replied, quickly taking some colored blocks and lining them up to form the canine little sister's name - Golden! Can you come here a little and show Aunt Sofia what you learned?
- Yay! - replied the little girl cheerfully, crawling even next to the studious sister and the bear teacher, and stopping in front of the blocks - Dji! Ou! El! Di! I:! En! Gogyda!
Both Internum and Sofia started to laugh at the simplicity of the little retriever in reading that, which made the girl smile even more with joy.
- I mean, at least she already knows the letters - commented the green raccoon giving her little sister a hug - You did very well, Golden. And do you know what it means what is written there? Your name!
- Guldin? - questioned the girl with a surprised look, looking again at the blocks and then opening a big smile - Cool! Guldin! My name! Aunt Sofy, my name!
- Yes, it's your name, Golden! - replied the orange female bear also giving a hug to the girl - You are an excellent student, and when you grow up, you will certainly be one of the best in the class...
In that instant they heard the sound of laughter, and as they looked back towards the other five cubs, they saw Dreamer, Engineer and Prism riding on a carousel made of Styrofoam and wooden boxes, powered by leather belts attached to the rear wheels of two bicycles on trestles, pedaled by Ability and Technique. Internum and Sofia just looked at each other in surprise once more before they started laughing.
- Heavens! Any day these four will actually build a flying saucer and fly to the moon! - commented the raccoon without being able to believe that the brothers and cousin had assembled that toy in less than five minutes.
- Given what I see, I do not doubt it - agreed the bear teacher, while the two just watched the six cubs play cheerfully.
Slowly Intense Bear slid the ultrasound scanner down Mother's big belly, made even bigger by the fact that the yellow female cat was pregnant with twins. Cosmo was sitting next to her, holding her hand lovingly, while on the other side were her sister-in-law Architect Tigress and her little niece Lifeguard Ti-cat. All of them remained silent, looking at the television screen where the ultrasound images were shown, while the doctor continued the examination showing each part of the babies inside the mother's belly.
- Here are the arms of one of the cubs, and if you look closely, you can see the little hands with their fingers open - the white female bear said showing on the screen - Here is the tail, it is curled in a safe position. And here you can see three legs, the two on the right are from one cub, and the other belongs to the second cub.
- How wonderful to be able to see our children even before they were born... - murmured Cosmo trying not to cry with emotion - Can you find out what is the sex of babies, Intense?
- That's what I'm trying to do, but the tails of both are blocking the vision - said the doctor bear with a giggle - What do you think they are? Two boys, two girls, or a couple?
- I think it's two boys - Architect said gently, holding her daughter in her arms - At least that would make Will happy, in addition to the fact that both Cosmo and Mother have had girls before.
- Well, I think it's a beautiful couple of ticats - Mother commented with a wide smile, feeling the cubs swing on her belly - Calm down, my dear, everything is fine... And you two don't have to reveal yourself to our eyes. After all, it is very good to know that you are both very modest.
- But they could lose some shame and reveal to Aunt Intense if they are boys or girls - pondered the white tiger with a chuckle, looking back at the screen - What is that? Their little faces?
- Yes, exactly, you can see the snouts and ears, and also the location of the eyes - explained the doctor, showing the faces of both babies on the TV screen - They are really fine, there is nothing to worry about. Just come back next month for us to continue monitoring the pregnancy, Mother.
Quickly Intense handed a paper napkin to the yellow cat to wipe the gel off her belly, while she turned off the VHS where she had recorded the exam to hand over a copy of the images to her friends.
- It is such an incredible feeling for a mother to have an ultrasound exam and to be able to spy on her children still in the belly ... - Architect said calmly, before giving Lifeguard a kiss on the forehead, who would make a routine appointment right after Aunt Mother be examined - What about you, my little girl? Did you like meeting your new cousins?
The baby ti-cat smiled and nodded happily, clapping and giving her mother a hug. Meanwhile, Cosmo helped his wife clean up and sit on the bed, before the two kissed quickly.
- I'm so happy to be able to follow your pregnancy, my dear - the feline astronomer could barely contain the emotion - When Dawnstar became pregnant with Peaceful, I couldn't stay close to her... Much less see my daughter still inside her mother's belly. This is a completely new experience for me!
- I know what you mean, I'm also having new experiences now - replied the yellow cat, placing her hands gently on the belly of six months of gestation - After all, there was still no ultrasound exam when I became pregnant with Proud fifty years ago. Wow, I feel so old saying that!
- You are not old, Mother - commented Intense with a giggle - The biggest proof of that is that you are pregnant. This means that your biological age is still young compared to your civil age, as are most of us.
- That is, I am a middle aged cat experiencing again the sensation of pregnancy. And best of all, this time I have my family by my side, something I didn't have when I was pregnant with Proud...
Architect felt her cheeks flush when she heard that. She recalled that, at the time, she had been one of those who left Mother due to her sister-in-law's relationship with Sea Cat.
- You were very brave to have done almost everything alone at that time... - murmured the tigress in a sad tone - And I am sorry to have left you in that situation without having done anything to help you... Especially knowing that Sea was not considerate of you...
- This is already past Architect, you don't have to feel guilty - said the female cat in a friendly tone - Besides, although Cosmo is being a thousand times more attentive, I can't complain about Sea. At least he always tried to be present in everyone the exams, and returned from the sea as soon as he received the news that Proud was born.
- How do you think your daughter will react when she finds out that, in addition to the mother being alive, she has a stepfather and almost two dozen siblings? - Intense asked curiously - Surely she will be shocked by this news. What if she doesn't react well and rejects you and her family?
- She will not reject me, neither Cosmo nor her siblings - was the firm and confident answer of Mother - I am absolutely sure that she will feel the happiest cat in the world when she finds out that her family is alive, and she will love us all!
Tears formed in the eyes of Architect and Cosmo on hearing this, and they hugged the pregnant cat without saying a single word. At the same time, the two babies in her womb jumped for joy, as if agreeing with their mother, who just smiled trying to hide her anxiety, knowing that the day of the reunion was getting closer and closer, even if she didn't know when or how it would be.
Bold was sitting at the table, blindfolded, and showing a certain impatience with the delay over dinner.
- C'mon, Dash, I'm starving! - said the lioness angrily - Why do you always want to invent these kinds of surprises at dinner time?
- And you could complain a little less and enjoy this moment of tasting so special - replied the cheetah still in the kitchen, finishing assembling the dish - Don't worry, Kate! In a few minutes you will be experiencing a dish that will make your mouth water and look forward to much more!
The lioness just rolled her eyes blindfolded, after all, usually when her husband said that, it was because he had invented some new bombastic recipe to try to please her. For a few more minutes she continued to hear her husband coming and going in the kitchen, the smells of seasoning mixing in the air, until finally she heard the dishes being placed on the table.
- Finally! - she exclaimed relieved - Can I get this blindfold out yet?
- Not yet, I'm finishing fixing the dishes - replied the cheetah while the sound of the dishes being positioned still reached the feline's ears - Ready! Now you can look.
Without waiting a single second, Bold plucked that cloth over her eyes and blinked a few times to get used to the light again. That was when she saw a big roasted rib, with a green sauce on top, and a sickening smell of burning sugar reaching her nostrils.
- Voilà! I want to introduce you to my new dish, ribs baked in avocado sauce - said Dashing with evident pride - First I baked the ribs for five hours until all the meat was well cooked. So I threw a caramelized sugar syrup, complete with avocado sauce, banana, mustard cream, mushroom and crushed dried fish. As an accompaniment, some potato dumplings filled with salted chocolate.
Bold just gaped at the plate in front of her, seeing bubbles coming out of the sauce as if something alive were there, and the meat looked wet in cardboard.
- Are you serious? - she asked looking at her husband - I had bought these ribs to make a stew on Sunday, for the weekly meeting of the bears and cousins at Hunter and Intellectual's house! And you take this and do this crap?
- It's not crap! - replied the cheetah in an offended tone - I copied this recipe from a magazine specialized in barbecue, and put my personal touch. Besides, you haven't even tried it...
- And I'm not even going to try it! - said the lioness, throwing the napkin on the table and pushed the chair away - I will prepare a frozen pizza for myself, enjoy your rib recipe with manure sauce!
Saying that, the female feline got up and walked quickly to the kitchen, while her husband lowered his head sadly. He had worked so hard to create that new recipe to please his beloved, and she hadn't even tried it... On the contrary, she had offended him without giving him a chance to defend himself. Cutting a piece of meat, he sadly put it in his mouth and began to chew it, to spit it back on the plate two seconds later.
- Blargh! How horrible! - he shouted desperately, passing the cloth napkin against his tongue to get that sour taste out of his mouth - I think I shouldn't have put so much mustard...
Feeling completely frustrated, Dashing just looked towards the kitchen, watching his wife take a box of frozen pizza and put it in the microwave. Slowly he got up and walked to the doorway, head down, standing there in silence without the courage to face Bold.
- Honey, I... - he murmured regretfully - Do you forgive me? I ruined your dinner and the surprise you were going to prepare for our friends...
The lioness closed the microwave and gave a small sigh, before looking in the direction of the cheetah and smiling at him, holding his paws.
- It's okay, my love - she said giving a kiss on his snout - I'm already used to your failures in the kitchen. That's why I always keep frozen food in the freezer, and I had bought a second serving of pork ribs for those eventualities.
- Well... I... I don't think you have any more...
Bold stared at her husband for a moment, until she looked towards the counter and saw the other portion of pork ribs completely roasted.
- Dash!!! - she shouted facing the cat.
- II-I just wanted to test whether roasting meat in Worker’s torch speeded up the process and made the fibers softer...
For a few seconds Bold remained silent, irritated, until at last she laughed and hugged her husband, who also gave a small smile.
- You and your crazy ideas... - she said rolling her eyes amiably - Fortunately you didn't set the house on fire, using a torch to roast meat. How about next time you just follow the recipe and don't invent new steps?
- Then I will not be known as a great bold cook - replied Dashing timidly, chuckling - Besides, you are giving me an idea. How about we put chocolate ice cream on the pizza you're baking? Certainly the combination of flavors will give a peculiar taste to the palate and...
- And I want my pepperoni and cheese pizza without any invention or boldness - the lioness interrupted sharply, giving a wink to her husband - We can leave this part for after dinner, in our room, while we date...
- Okay, I bet I will be able to surprise you positively this time - agreed the cheetah with a chuckle, wondering if Bold would like to help him assemble, that night, the R2D2 doll he had bought...
A town as small as St Libory certainly didn't have many attractions for younger residents, but that didn't stop Diligent Bear, Peachy Foxcat, Sparkling Wolf, Sakura Fox, Books Heart Bear, and his sister Detailed Heart Bear, from getting together for some fun. And although each of them has different tastes, such as makeup, literature, sports, music, theater and fighting, they got along very well and loved being together to share their experiences.
- Trust me, Diligent, this cream is great for moisturizing your skin and hair - said the perfectionist female bear, handing a bottle of lotion to her competitive friend - You only have to apply a light layer twice a day, or half hour before bathing, and in a few weeks you will already notice the difference.
- Thanks for worrying about me, Detailed - replied the tangerine female bear with a little smile - I really have been feeling my hairs dull and brittle recently, since I started taking supplements.
- Have you talked to Intense about this? - Peachy asked worriedly - After all, she was the one who indicated these vitamins to you.
- Yes, we already talked about it, and she said it is a normal reaction and prescribed me keratin to prevent dryness. It was also she who suggested that I look for some complementary cream with Detailed, to restore the health of my hair.
- In what she did very well, after all I know all kinds of shampoos, creams and ointments that exist - commented the blue bear with a giggles - Besides, you don't have to worry about the components of this cream, all of them are allowed by sports entities. I checked with Intense and Samurai.
- I am relieved to know this, since the worst thing that could happen would be me being reported for doping due to a hair cream - said Diligent with a relieved sigh - Fortunately Samurai, even though he is not a convinced sportsman and not being present in St Libory, agreed to help us with this.
- Luckily he's not in St Libory, or we would be in big trouble now - Peachy concluded, rolling her eyes, before turning to Sakura and Sparkling, sitting together on the rug in the corner of the library.
The young couple was laughing and having fun together, really enjoying the fact that the warrior silver fox was traveling. After all, he was still a little reticent about his sister's courtship with the silver wolf, both for the way they met and for the story Sparkling had told. For this very reason, Samurai had instructed Peachy not to allow his younger sister and her suitor to have moments alone while he was traveling, but clearly the foxcat, although she kept a close eye on the couple of friends, always let both stay a little alone.
Ever since he moved to the United States to live with his new bear friends and cousins, Sparkling has been training his English ceaselessly. And even though he had a slight Asian accent, and some difficulty in pronouncing the letter "R", it was clear that his efforts were having an effect. At that time, he was reading an excerpt from a Sherlock Holmes story, being corrected by his girlfriend for every mistake he made.
- There was the problem configured; one of the strangest I've ever come across. McPherson was not in the bitch... In the bitch... - the silver wolf gave a deep sigh - McPherson was not in the bitch... In the biatch... Ah damn!
And he just remained silent, looking upset and despondent, while Sakura started laughing softly, lightly touching her lover's hands.
- Oh, do not feel that way, you are doing very well - she said in a comforting way - Remember that you only knew how to speak archaic Japanese four years ago. Your progress is being incredible, as good as that of Rare and Sugar!
- Well... If I am now able to express myself in English, I owe it to Sofia and Books Heart - said Sparkling with a shy little smile, his cheeks flushing slightly - And also thanks to you, who are the best teacher in the world...
The warrior wolf was about to kiss his girlfriend's hands when Peachy, seeing the scene, gave a slight cough, as if to remind the little couple that she was present. This made them both immediately let go and blush in shame, looking away, especially when Detailed and Diligent started laughing at the scene.
- I can't believe you messed up this beautiful scene, Peachy! - spoke the perfectionist bear trying to simulate anger - You now also got the same disease as Samurai, and will you implicate with the feelings of our friends?
- This is unworthy of you, hindering the dating of your future siblings-in-law - said Diligent with a wink - How about you just look the other way and pretend that nothing happened?
- Sometimes I honestly would like to do that - replied the foxcat with a giggle, before turning back to the fox couple - Sorry for that, you know how I hope you stay together. But I also promised Samurai that I would keep an eye on you, and I don't want to betray his trust.
- Its ok Peachy, I already feel grateful that you have allowed Sparkling and me to be together - said Sakura with a friendly smile for the future sister-in-law - Besides, I know that you were in a difficult situation, after all Samurai is still reticent in approving my courtship with Sparkling for distrusting him.
- At least this is no longer a dynastic battle between clans, just a fox resentful for almost losing his neck on our first meeting - commented the wolf with a chuckle - Anyway, one day I will be able to convince Samurai that the past is gone. And then he will see that I deserve to have a second chance alongside the love of my life. After all, I am sure that I have not revived for nothing after 1000 years, and that this time we will be together, forever and ever.
- Aww, this is so beautiful your love!... - Detailed commented tenderly.
- Certainly, it is wonderful to see that Sparkling did not give up on love, despite all the things he went through - Diligent agreed with a wide smile, before her expression became a little sad - I swear my dream is to have my love returned in this way...
And she slowly turned her gaze towards Books Heart, who was alone among the bookshelves in the library, adjusting the order of some volumes on the shelves. For a few seconds everyone remained silent, since they knew that the competitive female bear was in love with the librarian, but he didn't seem to want to respond to that feeling. That was when Detailed opened a faint encouraging smile, and silently nodded for her friend to approach him. For a moment Diligent was reticent, but she saw that the two foxes and the foxcat also encouraged her with their eyes, and that was enough for her to take courage and walk in the direction of her secret love.
The light blue bear was really focused on his task, so much so that he didn't even notice when the tangerine female bear approached. Sitting on the floor with his legs crossed, he had three or four books beside him, while reading an alphabetical list of titles he had for each shelf.
- Hello Books, how's your task going? - Diligent questioned excitedly, sitting next to the male bear - You seem quite dedicated in cleaning and classifying your old books...
- Ah... WW-Well... - Books Heart stuttered a little, with a shy little smile on his lips - RR-Really, you need to be very careful not to tear or damage the pages when cleaning them with the brush... And I like to keep my library organized, although Detailed says otherwise.
- Don't care what Detailed says, you know she is a compulsive organizer and is never satisfied with things - the competitive bear said in a mocking tone, before assuming a sweet expression - And I really believe that this is not an easy task. You could teach me how to do that, I would love to be able to help you from time to time...
Upon hearing this, the blue bear swallowed and blushed in embarrassment, starting to sweat cold with nervousness. Jumping to his feet, he made every effort to control his emotion, looking away from Diligent.
- OO-Of course it does! II-I would love to ... - he exclaimed swallowing hard - BB-But first I need to finish saving these volumes, so that they don't get out of place. It is horrible to look for a book that is not on the right shelf.
With no chance for Diligent to respond, he walked down the hall, where there was a four-step mobile staircase. He quickly climbed onto the object, trying to reach the top shelf, where there were biology and chemistry books, as well as a Greek encyclopedia. However, although the bookcases were not so high, and as much as he tried to stretch and tiptoe, he was unable to reach that shelf, since that was not the correct ladder for that type of task.
However, the tangerine bear did not give up on being close to her secret love, and when she saw that he was having difficulties, she quickly approached again.
- Do you need help reaching the shelf? - she asked in a friendly way - I can help you with that!
- TT-Thank you Diligent, maybe you can take the six-step staircase, which is in the third shelf corridor... Arghh! - Books began with a shy smile, when suddenly he felt himself being lifted in the air with ladder and everything. Looking down, he saw that the sports female bear had raised the ladder with him on top, using the strength of her arms.
- Why a bigger ladder, if I can lift you up? - Diligent asked with a chuckle, trying hard to keep the stairs and her friend aloft - Just don't be too long, after all I'm strong, but you're not that light.
Books Heart's cheeks were even shiny as they were flushed, while he quickly put the volume among the rest on the shelf. Carefully the competitive bear dropped the ladder to the floor again, and the librarian bear came down shaky and ashamed.
- TT-Thanks for the help, Diligent - he said reticently, without the courage to face his friend.
- You don't have to thank me, I would do much more for you if I could - replied the female bear cheerfully, watching as Books became even more embarrassed and red, especially when they both heard the muffled laughter of the others, who had watched to the whole scene in silence.
That was too much for the blue bear, and he felt his whole body go red with shame, his face looking like a purple cherry.
- II-I... I... II-I need to go to the bathroom! - he said quickly, passing Diligent and running out of the room, literally running away.
Such reaction by Books made the tangerine bear feel sad and upset, and she gave a sad sigh and bowed her head, wondering if the literary was just too embarrassed to share his feelings, or if he was actually angry with she. That's when she felt someone put her hands on her shoulders, and when she turned, she saw Peachy, Sparkling, Detailed and Sakura standing there.
- Don't be sad, my friend - said the perfectionist bear - I know my brother doesn't react the way you would like, but believe me, he loves you too.
- Books has always been a shy boy, and certainly love is something new to him - commented the pink fox amicably - Give him time to get used to this idea, after all he shouldn't even know for sure how to act.
- In addition, you should not give up your love for Books Heart - added the foxcat with a little smile - An hour he will correspond to your feeling, and you will realize that you won his heart.
- And believe me, you certainly won't have to wait a thousand years, like me, to have your feelings matched - concluded Sparkling encouragingly.
- Thank you for trying to cheer me up, Sparkling, I really hope so - snapped the tangerine bear in a sarcastic tone, making everyone laugh before they changed the subject and started talking about their plans for the weekend.
Looter and Joyful were sitting on the porch of the house, eating an ice cream and watching the stars shine in the night sky. Every night they did this, as they felt closer to the friends who had stayed at the Kingdom of Caring, especially the children Hugs and Tugs, and Flower Bear.
Both have always hoped that one day they will be able to return home, and that feeling became even stronger after Mother Cat returned from her long trip with her family around the world. Since her return, the yellow cat had always said that she felt in her heart that she would soon be reunited with her daughter Proud Heart Cat, and that all friends who had lost relatives would also be together when this happened. The only difficult part was being able to control anxiety to try to figure out when it would happen.
Both the light blue bear and the dark pink bear were silent, just looking at the sky and busy with their candies, when suddenly Joyful rested her head on her husband's shoulder and gave a deep sigh, with a slight smile on her lips.
- Thinking about our children, right? - Looter asked in a friendly tone, giving his wife a kiss on the forehead - Do they also think of us?
- Yes, I'm thinking about them - she replied thoughtfully - But my biggest question is how they will react when they meet us, and if Mother is really correct when she says that soon we will all be in the Kingdom of Caring!
- Sometimes I think about it too ... Each morning, I look at the sky and wish it was the day when we will meet our friends again. And then I think of the two of us hugging our children, and hearing them say "I love you", and then we will all go out together to play in the Forest of Feelings...
Tears formed in the bear's eyes as he said this, while Joyful just turned towards her husband and giving him a tender kiss on the cheek.
- Our dream will come true, and I am sure that Hugs and Tugs will understand that it was not our choice - said the female bear in an emotional tone - I am also sure that my mother will hug us as tightly as her arms allow, and that Nobleheart and Trueheart will be extremely happy to see us back, along with Rose, Worker, Mother, Architect, Caretaker, Idealist and Tricks, and that day the Kingdom of Caring will have the biggest party in its history!
Looter just smiled as tears streamed down his cheeks, and silently kissed Joyful on the lips, while both just looked back at the stars, wishing the Great Wishing Star would give them that beautiful gift soon.