The Care Bears
The Confidence Secret
- Você não anotou no livro de registro o telefonema que recebeu, senhor Jason (You didn’t write in the logbook the phone call you received, Mr. Jason) - Andre said quietly, after a few minutes his new acquaintance hung up the phone - É dessa forma que temos o controle local das ligações recebidas e originadas (That is how we have local control over incoming and originating calls).
- Digamos que essa ligação tem um caráter extraoficial e não poderá constar em nenhum registro (Let us say that this connection is unofficial and can’t be recorded in any record) - replied the young man with a small smile - E não me chame de senhor, eu não tenho nem 30 anos. Apenas de Jason (And don’t call me mister, I'm not even 30 years old. Only Jason).
- Bem, eu não vou discutir com o senhor... Com você, afinal é um representante da diretoria. Eu só não entendi ainda porque você foi designado para essa estação, com tantas outras de maior movimento e complexidade (Well, I'm not going to argue with you, Mr. Ja... With you, after all you are a board representative after all. I just don’t understand why you were assigned to this station, with so many others of greater movement and complexity).
- A diretoria internacional da B&H quer um relatório completo das atividades da Paulista, e isso incluiu uma estação com baixo movimento e de entroncamento, como é o caso de Batovi. Mas você e os demais não precisam se preocupar com minha presença aqui, já que não tem nada haver com plano de demissões ou coisas desse tipo (The B & H's international board of directors wants a full report on Paulista's activities, and this included a low-traffic and cross-border station, such as Batovi. But you and the others do not have to worry about my presence here, since there's nothing to do with layoffs or things like that).
André gave a deep sigh, a mixture of relief and distrust, after all, he had never heard of this type of survey either from B & H or from the Paulista itself. Not to mention that he considered it strange to send someone so young for that task, so the stationmaster had every reason to think that Jason was there for some other unofficial reason.
- Diga-me Jason, além de consultor, o que mais você faz da vida (Tell me Jason, besides being a consultant, what else do you do for a living)? - asked the Brazilian curiously.
- Ah, muitas coisas (Oh, a lot of things) - said the boy enthusiastically – Eu sou piloto de caças militares, combati durante a Tempestade no Deserto em 1991, e atuei por alguns meses na Avibrás como piloto comercial antes de me transferirem para o setor burocrático. Desde então trabalho na área de consultorias do conglomerado. É o emprego mais calmo que já tive até agora (I'm a fighter pilot, I fought during Desert Storm in 1991, and worked for the Avibras as a commercial pilot for a few months before being transferred to the bureaucratic sector. Since then I work in the area of consultancies of the conglomerate. It's the calmer job I've ever had).
- Sorte sua (Lucky for you) - André said thoughtfully - E ainda tem gente que acha que ser chefe de estação é coisa fácil... Tem horas até que eu penso que estou ficando doido, vendo e ouvindo coisas que não podem existir (And there are still people who think that being stationmaster is an easy thing... There are times until I think I'm going crazy, seeing and hearing things that can't exist).
- Que quer dizer com isso (What do you mean by that)? - asked the former pilot with great curiosity.
- Nada. Eu apenas estava pensando alto (Nothing. I was just thinking aloud) - the railroader mused, settling down to write reports on the station's movement.
Seeing that his new acquaintance seemed busy, and wanting to know better the place, Jason gave a quick turn around the station, even though the night was already falling. He has rarely seen a place as clean, organized and well-treated as the Batovi railway station. More than the building, all in that place was a zeal he'd hardly ever seen anywhere, even at B & H's New York headquarters. The garden in front of the station, the rail yard without bushes between the tracks, the clean and aligned sidings, the trains that passed inexorably at the right time, the brightness of the locomotives, cars and wagons, were a true contrast in to all that he had already heard about Brazil as an underdeveloped country and known for not honoring deadlines and projects. But what had impressed him most had been the pride of those men and women who said they "worked at Companhia Paulista," and how they were respected by other citizens.
- Como vocês podem amar tanto a uma empresa dessa forma (How can you love a company that much)? - asked the young man, with great curiosity.
Andre lifted his head and stared at the young boy for some time in silence, until a small smile appeared on his lips.
- Você não gosta de trabalhar na B&H (You don't like working in the B & H)? - asked the stationmaster with a wink – É o mesmo tipo de sentimento que nós temos pela Paulista (It's the same kind of feeling we have for the Paulista).
- Não, não, vocês demonstram uma relação muito maior. É quase como se considerassem o local de trabalho como uma segunda casa (No, no, you all show a much greater relationship. It's almost as if you considered the workplace as a second home)!
- E realmente não deixa de ser. A Paulista para nós realmente é uma segunda casa, uma segunda família que abraça todos os seus membros e se preocupa com eles. Eu não sei se consigo explicar direito isso, mas é quase como se fosse algo mágico. Algo maior do que qualquer um de nós. Talvez seja o que vocês, dos Estados Unidos, chamam de patriotismo. A Paulista é nosso símbolo de patriotismo (And it really is. The Paulista for us really is a second home, a second family that embraces all its members and cares about them. I do not know if I can explain this right, but it's almost magical. Something bigger than any of us. Maybe it's what you, from the United States, call patriotism. The Paulista Railway is our symbol of patriotism).
As spoke, Andre had his eyes fixed on the large coat of arms of the company in his small office. It was the same coat of arms of papers, wagons, locomotives, and everything else the company could print on its behalf. The same coat of arms that adorned the floor of the stations, workshops, the windows of the company's commercial headquarters in São Paulo and even the tools of its employees. Few companies in the world used their logo as much as that railroad, and perhaps that was a reflection of the pride their employees had in working in that company.
- Ser Paulista é mais do que ser apenas um ferroviário, é ter o trem correndo no sangue dentro das veias (Being Paulista is more than just being a railroader, it's having the train running in the blood in the veins) - added the stationmaster as if echoing the thoughts of his new friend, before rising from his chair, take the green and red flags and wait for the arrival of the next train, which would arrive at the appointed time as well befitted as a Standard Railroad...
- Are you sure this will work, Cheer? - asked Love-a-Lot as she looked in the mirror and saw her face covered with creams.
- Of course - replied the young female bear - You'll remain very beautiful after the cream acts on your skin. Besides that Tenderheart will be very happy with that.
- Well, he's already happy. I'm just afraid that...
- You're afraid my mixtures of creams will not work, and you'll look like a witch. I think you're not the first nor will be the last to tell me that.
They both smiled at that. After all everyone knew that Cheer Bear, besides being very vain, loved to mix creams and recipes to see what happened. Usually nothing serious, just laughter on the part of her friends who could not bear to see her covered in creams, bobs head, cucumber slices, makeup and bathrobes. But justice was done; she was also the best hairdresser of the Kingdom of Caring.
- I just hope Tenderheart does not come here and see me like this - said Love-a-Lot, smiling - And you, my friend, how is your relationship with Champ?
- It could be better... - Cheer confessed in a sad voice - But besides he did not have time for me, there's still this Confidence Heart to give me trouble.
- Oh, don't worry, my friend. Champ loves you with passion. And if he has already stated then you can be sure that you has no problems with Confidence.
- True Heart already told me that, and so did he himself. But I wanted to have more time with him. But the missions he plays, his love for the sport, all this ends up making him and I not have time for each other.
- Well, he could stop training at night to be by his side...
Cheer heard her friend say that and frowned at her.
- Train at night? Champ does not train at night, that's the only time we're together -she said - Who told you he's training at night?
- But yesterday I saw Confidence and him leaving the gym - Love-a-Lot explained -
Me and Tenderheart saw. If he didn't go there train, what was he doing with the fox?
Cheer heard this and a huge flame, of anger, jealousy and fear, came into his eyes. They sparkled as she thought.
- Liar bastard... - she murmured, almost beside herself.
- As? - asked Love-a-Lot, turning to her friend.
- He lied to me! He said that he would go to the Hall of Hearts to talk with Bedtime Bear, and instead went to the gym together with Confidence!
The young female bear was boiling, his face was turning red with anger, and his fists clenched indicated it was going to explode.
- Calm down, Cheer! - said Love-a-Lot, getting up - Before accusing them of anything, talk to Champ. It may be that he actually went to the Hall of Hearts and found himself with Confidence... Don't do anything before you have a good chat with him. Please!
Cheer was still huffing with rage, but she took a deep breath to control herself.
- You're right, I will not do anything - she said after a moment - I'm going to test Champ and see how much your love goes for me, and find out if that meddlesome fennec really is trying to steal my boyfriend.
- This is not the Cheer I know - said Love-a-Lot seriously - She's more fun and sensible than you.
- This Cheer here is the one who loves her bear and does not want to see him relating to other women! But let's see what happens.
Cheer's voice was hollow and hateful, which greatly worried Love-a-Lot. That was not right for anyone, especially for a Care Bear, whose duty was to spread love around the world. But for Cheer Bear, that was her defense of what was occurring. At least one thing she knew now and could tell True Heart, which was that Confidence apparently had a secret and told her about it to Champ. All that was left was to wait a chance to catch both of them talking about it or make the boyfriend reveal everything.
And when that chance came, Cheer would use it, no matter what the cost...
Noble Heart slowly opened the door of his house, being careful not to make a sound. So he tiptoed, since he did not want to spoil the surprise he was preparing for True Heart. In one of his hands was a bouquet of flowers and in the other hand was the pie he had prepared with the help of Grams Bear. The horse hoped that with these displays of affection and attention he could make his relationship with his wife warm again. This encouraged him a lot, since he had no longer prepared surprises for her, and vice versa. Partly because they had fallen into the marriage routine, and partly because of all the circumstances of their lives that had brought them there.
But that was not the time for reflection. Noble needed to prepare everything before his wife realized his arrival. With his foot, he closed the door gently, and proceeding to the dining room, he set the pie and bouquet on the table, quickly running to the kitchen, where he intended to pick up plates, cutlery, glasses and two candles to give a romantic mood to that moment.
As he was in a hurry, especially as he heard True Heart turn off the shower and get ready to get out, the horse made a pile of two plates and other utensils, intending to take them all at once. It was when he lost a lot of time looking for the candles, that he did not know where his wife kept. When he found it, he decided to run to the dinner table to finish it all.
But then it happened, and fate finally conspired against Noble. All loaded with the dining utensils, and racing against time, he had the misfortune to curl the tip of one foot on the dining-room rug, going to the floor at the same time. What was glass and crystal broke into a thousand pieces, while the cutlery flew away, along with the candles.
True Heart ran out of the bathroom when she heard that noise, and when she found her husband lying on the floor, but already getting up, and with the entire morsel scattered around the room, she scowled and put her hands around her waist.
- Noble! - True shouted - What the hell is that?!?
- I just wanted to... I just wanted to surprise you... - began the horse, in a sad voice.
- Surprise?!? Is this the kind of surprise you want to make me? I just cleaned the whole house! And you do me that crap on the floor, still breaking my dishes?
- I'm sorry, darling. I didn't want this, I...
- I'm not going to clean the house again, picking up shards of glass everywhere. When I wake up tomorrow, I want to see all of this shining like I had left it!
- But True...
- No "but"! - she interrupted nervously - You spend the whole day outside the house, you do not give me any satisfaction, and when you come back it breaks and dirty all. That's why today you sleep on the couch.
Noble Heart looked at his wife with a sad expression on whose face he felt defeated. From the loving surprise he'd planned, he had done it all wrong and was now taking a sermon from True Heart. With his head bowed and his voice raspy, he still said:
- All right... I just wanted to give you a pie, but I did it all wrong.
- Yes, you did. But we can fix this, where's the pie? - asked the female bear with a strange smile on her face.
- It's here in the kitchen," said the horse cheerfully, certain that his wife, upon seeing that dainty, would feel his love for him to rekindle - I know it's your favorite pie, and Grams Bear helped me do it with all my heart. I hope you like her and... Hey! What do you think... No!!!
True Heart quickly picked up the pie from the table, unwrapped it carefully and looked at the candy for a second, before taking it in his hands and turning to the husband, toss the pie in his face. Filled with walnuts and dessert filling, the horse stared in surprise and unresponsive to his wife.
- I don't eat nuts pie anymore because give me nightmares - said the female bear with both hands at her waist and very irritably - Not to mention I'm on a diet. You should know!
- But... But... - stammered Noble, shocked.
- Have a nice evening cleaning the dining room and sleeping on the couch, my dear. And don't even try to go to the bedroom, otherwise it will be worse for you.
As soon as she had said this, the bear turned and marched toward the bedroom, leaving her husband paralyzed in the middle of the room.
- Where is True Heart I knew so well? - he asked himself as he slowly began to sort out the mess he had made. This was not the beautiful, sweet female bear he had fallen in love with many years before. Would she change that much to not want to talk to him? At that moment, the horse felt lost as never before in your life.
Where is my love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcd6LK6Weyg
Where is my love?
Who will be?
Who does it look like?
Must be around
Or doesn't even know me?...
Where will my love go?
Wherever it is
Where is my love?
What does he do with his life?
Must know how to love and other things
That no one doubts...
He runs and hides
Pretend that not
Swear that yes
Die of loves
Away from me!...
Where is my love?
Lightweight and wrapped
In so much mystery
Must know how to fly
Must be everything I hope...
Where will my love go?
Wherever it is
I know it will arrive
He runs and hides
Pretend that not
Swear that yes
Die of loves
Away from me!
Where is my love?
It must be somewhere!...
Halifax airport was one of the busiest in eastern Canada, after those in Quebec and surrounding areas. It was more of regional character, receiving flights from the United States and regions close to the country itself. Every ten minutes, small and medium-sized passenger planes landed at that location. Among the thousands of passengers who passed daily there, certainly no one would draw attention. But that was not the case that day. Police had arrived at the airport to escort a furious passenger to the police station, with the press already in the main lobby interviewing a representative of the airline.
- Yes, this man, identified as Jacob Timberley of the United Kingdom, began to shout and threaten the crew of our plane, so the crew had to hold him and tie him to the seat to avoid further embarrassment...
Jacob was not weak, so even in handcuffs he needed five policemen to take him to the police car so he could be taken to the police station and give testimony. Right behind him, Anna, Thompson, and Norman followed quietly. Or rather, as calmly as the situation allowed.
This brother doesn't really learn - said the woman, very upset - I told him not to drink while on trips...
- He's stubborn, no doubt - Norman agreed - I'm sorry for saying that, but I feel a little bit related to you three, after so many years together.
- All right, Norman - Thompson said - But what do we do now?
- I'm not going to defend Jacob, he's too old to deal with his problems - Anna said, adding in a low voice - Besides we can’t get into trouble like this.
- But we can't leave our brother alone in this situation!
- If you'll give me permission, I'll do everything that's necessary, while you take care of Jacob - Norman suggested - I just have to give my testimony, and then I'll go out and do everything we need.
- Okay - said Thompson.
- I'd rather be with you, Norman - Anna countered - Besides, I do not want to waste any more time on Jacob and your madness.
At the request of the young woman, his testimony and that of the employee were the first. They did their best to try to help Jacob, although they stated that he had problems with alcoholism and usually caused riots on long trips, mainly aerial. Leaving Thompson in his testimony, the biologist and his assistant left the police station, and in a taxi, they followed to a hotel of the city. After that, they went out for a little walk, intending to reach some nearby library, to find someone who could help them.
- I see you don't really trust your brother, do you? - Norman asked his boss.
- I never liked the way he acted, I confess - Anna replied - When he grew up and moved away from his family, he changed a lot. He was not like this before. It looks like another. Not to mention that he never wanted to leave the school board...
- And you forced him to follow that mystery involving your family.
- It was Thompson who convinced him. I didn't want to, especially after seeing him mistreat Mama in her last days.
- Tell me honestly, madam. Deep down what do you think is all this mystery? What does your heart tell you?
- I honestly have no idea. But it's something I want to find out. And you too...
- Surely, it's a professional goal now. Who knows in the end of everything is not the secret of the Etruscans, of the Celts, the mother tongue of the Indo-European, or the treasure of the Assyrians, or the Ark of the Covenant. Or the Mayan calendar translation.
- Or all together, Norman - Anna said with a smile - Sometimes I wonder how many great secrets there are, and if someday they will be revealed to the present humanity.
Norman stopped for a few seconds and stared at his boss.
- Well, Miss Anna, I promise you which, in what depend on this old treasure hunter, we are going to discover the secret of the Timberley family - he said with great confidence and conviction.
- Thank you very much, Norman - the woman said with a big smile as they entered the library they were looking for.
The night was already beginning to fall on Care-a-Lot when Champ and Confidence arrived from their small expedition to take Hector home. On the way back, the couple of friends had said almost nothing, only the fox commented that his companion was doing well on the mission, and that she hoped that could soon submit her report to True Heart, Noble Heart, Tenderheart, and Braveheart, and that such a report would be positive if the bear were to continue like this.
For his part, Champ was very happy to have his car back. Although the Care Bears Family rules said that the vehicle had to be split among all teenagers, and that only in emergencies could they set up new cloud cars, Champ was pleased to have that car back. Satisfied even more would he be when he turned 18 and could have his definitive cloud car.
The bear, after landing the vehicle, followed in the rainbow streets to the fennec' house, which was close to his house, with the intention of leaving his friend there.
- Ready! You're also home - Champ joked.
- I didn't need all that, Champ - Confidence said with a gentle smile - I could walk from your home to here.
- Well, I can't let a lady walk if I can bring his home.
- Lady? Who said I'm a lady?
Confidence had asked this question with a surprised look, for he had never admitted to being called by such female nicknames.
- Well, are you going to say you did not like it? - asked Champ, also surprised.
- Of course not - the female fox replied, annoyed – I’m not a defenseless girl to be a lady.
- You don't have to be defenseless to be a lady. You can be a lady and know how to fight. If you think I have not noticed how much you've changed these past few months, you're very much mistaken.
- I changed? - asked Confidence.
- Of course yes! You changed a lot. You now have more feelings than when you arrived, and more experience. Basically, I think you learned more things than I did in this time here, and surely you will learn much more when you bring your friends...
- Maybe - she murmured, getting out of the car in thought.
For a few moments she stood beside the car, unmoving, until she smiled and turned to Champ.
- Thank you - she said.
- By the ride? I told you, you don't have to...
- For everything - she interrupted fondly - I confess that I feel good, being among you all, it's not like in my group that everyone lives arguing with each other or struggling with others. Here I have peace. And you're my best friend, for helping me in this. If it were not for your help, I do not know if I could handle this mission.
- You don't have to thank, Confidence - Champ said, embarrassed - I only do my duty for happiness and friendship.
They both looked at each other for a moment, before the young woman wished good night for your friend and went into her house. Champ soon headed back to his house, thinking about how Confidence was becoming a real care bear cousin, and how beautiful she was too.
The bear could not deny that the fighter's greenish eyes, your golden hair, slender body, and soft skin gave her a great beauty. Even her dry, hard, and fighter manner was a quality she had, and that she gathered with others she discovered little by little. And what a beautiful face she had, beautiful lips...
Champ shook his head as he stopped the car in front of the teenage' house. What was he thinking at last? He was Cheer's boyfriend and he loved her more than anything in his life. He could not let strange thoughts like that interfere with his relationship with his girlfriend. Confidence was just a great friend and end point. Cheer Bear was the love of his life.
As he opened the low gate to park inside the garage, the bear saw Bright Heart coming out the door.
- Good evening, sports fan - said Champ - Where are you going at this time?
- Grams Bear invited us to eat some candies - said the raccoon - Cheer and Treat Heart are already there. Let's go?
- Go you and send back memories to Grams Bear - Champ answered with a weary little smile - Today was a long day for me...
- Oh, you mean you're tired of tickles? - Bright Heart asked mischievously.
- Not as much as you. But making two trips between the earth and Care-a-Lot is tiring. And tomorrow there is more. Maybe it's the last day of my mission with Hector, and I want to be rested for it.
- All right. Good luck then, Champ, and good night - concluded the raccoon, walking down the street and waving to his friend.
As he stared at Bright Heart, the bear thought how good it was to be able to see at night as his friend, for he did not need to carry lanterns to walk the streets of Care-a-Lot during the dark.
Slowly the athlete walked toward the house, but stopped to see that the target he had taken earlier to help Confidence train his stare had not been guarded. As it was he who took that piece, it should also be his responsibility to guard it, and so he quickly took the object and went to the dumping room at the bottom of the residence.
The target was not so light, and only after opening the door and entering did the bear remember that the light switch was behind him. With the intention of connecting it, he dropped one of the target's hands and turned to reach for the switch, but as he did so he lost his balance and dropped it on a shelf, knocking over boxes and more boxes of trinkets of the four teenagers.
- Shit... - murmured Champ, already thinking about how he would work on that, and how tired he was, and wanted to go to bed quickly.
Turning on the light, he saw that luckily nothing had broken. Placing the target against the wall, he began to put the boxes back on the shelf. One of them had the lid half open, and coincidentally, Champ looked at its contents before putting it back on the shelf. But badly he did it, and he stopped in surprise and picked up the box again, standing there for several minutes, gaping at what was in front of his eyes. With trembling hands, he took out a thick photo album of those of an old type, seeing that there were others in the box. They were the missing albums, which no one else had found after Tenderheart, Good Luck, Swift Heart, Lotsa and Grumpy had seen them for the last time.
That was where the answers to Confidence's doubts were. It was there that were the secrets that the patriarchs certainly did not want to reveal. Maybe it was there the identity of Champ's parents...
Sweating cold, the athletic bear did not know what to do at that moment. If on one hand he wanted to see the content of the albums, on the other he knew it was True Heart who had hidden those old family albums so that no one would ever find them. And certainly the dumping room of the house of adolescents was a good hiding, since it was packed with things. For a few minutes, Champ meditated on what to do, until at last his desire to know about his past was greater.
Picking up the box of albums, he left the room, turned off the light, and closed the door. Going back to the car, he put the package in the back seat and left with the car to the rainbow street. He already knew very well what to do.
- I propose a toast to our friend Sky Heart - Shimmers said, raising his glass of orange juice - May he be very happy in his new phase and be very successful in carrying out his Caring Missions.
- A toast! - Wish Bear, Aqua Bear, Lonesome Heart Bear, Redemption Heart Bear, and the blue bear himself agreed quickly, the last smiled excitedly at the words of the friend and the joy shown by the others.
- Thank you for organizing this surprise party... - said Sky Heart trying to hide the emotion that felt - It is great to be among friends and finally feel part of Care Bear Family. I do not even know how to thank you...
- You're welcome, Sky - the sea bear replied cheerfully - And what does it feel like to be an Official Care Bear?
- Something very good, again feeling that I belong somewhere, that there are people who care about me, and that I have a new mission to fulfill, helping humans to solve their problems. I have not felt so good in a long time.
Certainly it was rare to see the guardian bear speak so emotionally, since he always carefully pondered what words to use, even as a way of hiding his own feelings. But there was a special reason for him to be acting so differently from the ordinary, since after two years of intense studies he finally completed his course to be an Official Care Bear.
This course had been created by Noble Heart and True Heart as a way to facilitate the learning of bears and cousins already adults who had joined the Care Bear Family, explaining the rights and duties of each member, how to act during missions or emergencies, plus basic things like driving a cloud car, operating the Caringmeter and the Kingdom of Caring radio system. Shimmers, Aqua, Lonesome and Redemption had already passed that course and graduated, which meant they could attend missions on their own, and now it was Sky Heart's turn to earn his degree, which meant in practice becoming a Care Bear Official.
- I imagine the joy you're feeling - said the beige bear with a friendly smile - When I completed my course, I wanted to come out screaming and jumping for joy all over the Kingdom of Caring.
- That would be a little too much for me - said the guardian bear with a giggle - Having you all by my side at this commemoration is enough.
- You mean you do not plan to have some kind of private celebration with Longbow? - Lonesome questioned in malicious tone - I bet she would be happy to spend the night accompanied...
Sky Heart felt his cheeks flush with embarrassment, and he lowered his head, not quite sure what to answer. He did not want to admit it, but some time ago he and Longbow Wolf, who had not yet lived in the Kingdom of Caring, were having love feelings for each other. And hearing that from the warrior's female bear made him uncomfortable. Luckily everyone noticed his embarrassment, and Redemption took the initiative to change the subject.
- Hey, leave him alone, little sister - the doctor said with a friendly smile, giving a wink to her friend - Because it's none of our business to know if he and Longbow will do any particular commemoration. We are here to celebrate our friend's graduation, and I want to tell you that you deserve to be happy and make the most of this new chance that life has given you along with Care Bear Family.
- Thank you, Redemption - the guardian replied with a slight smile - If I deserve this chance, I owe it especially to Shimmers. He could have left me alone in Edron, and I would never have known you...
- You do not have to thank me, I would never dare leave you behind - the swordsman replied amicably. My mission is to help and protect all Care Bear Family members, and I will never leave one of you behind. And it really was a pleasure to be your instructor during your training course like Care Bear. By the way, Tenderheart and Braveheart have invited me to be the observer of Confidence Heart when she takes the course.
- Is that serious? - Wish asked with a broad smile - Cool! This is a mission of great responsibility. And who will be her instructor?
- They plan to be Champ after he turns 18.
- And you already accepted that invitation? - Aqua asked in a serious tone, his brow furrowed slightly - Are you going to be an observer of that fox?
- First I want to talk to them, and see what they think about it, and then I'll give my answer to Tenderheart and Braveheart - Shimmers explained, looking curiously at his heart brother's - Are you jealous, Aqua?
- Who? I? Of course not! - replied the sea bear a little annoyed - I just do not like to see my big brother near someone as strange as Confidence!
- Confidence is not strange, she just has her own way of being, and Care Bear Family has to accept that. And you're jealous, yes, I already know you very well to know when you're cheerful, sad, angry, discouraged, and jealous.
Saying this, he nudged the dolphin bear with a friendly nudge, which rolled his eyes in defeat.
- Yes, I'm jealous! - he finally exclaimed - I hate it when you need to pay attention to someone who is not in our group. Is that a crime?
- Calm down, Aqua, you do not have to stay like this just because Shimmers will be the observer of that sports fox - Lonesome said peacefully, putting the hand on her husband's shoulder - You yourself know that this is an important experience for training all of the Care Bears, even because you were the observer of Shimmers when he was being trained by Noble Heart. And I promise you will not even have time to be jealous because I'll give you a lot of attention and tickle to make you laugh a lot, coochie coo!
And before Aqua could defend herself, the warrior female bear began to slide her fingers quickly down the neck and chin of her husband, who shook his head and smiled a smile on his lips.
- Hey, nohohoho! - he protested, trying to pull his head away.
- Coochie coo, yes!!! - Lonesome shouted happily, clutching her husband's arms and laying him down gently on the floor, belly up, and she sat on his arms and began to tickle the bear's armpits - My little dolphin bear is going to be very happy now. Help me out here, girls!
Quickly Wish Bear sat on Aqua's legs, beginning to tickle the soles of the sea bear's feet while Redemption knelt beside the victim's belly and began to slide her furry hands down the tummy symbol, focusing especially on the region of the belly button.
- Nohohoho, thahahahat's nohohohot fahahahair! - he shouted trying to pull arms and legs, and shrinking his belly to try to avoid tickling - I ahahaham vehehehery sehehehensitihihihive! Nohohohot!
- We already know that, so we'll make sure you laugh a lot - Wish said as she rubbed the fingertips through the soles of his feet from the heels to the toes.
- Besides, you always say that a Care Bear always has to have a smile on his lips - Redemption commented, sinking her index fingers into his friend's belly button - Your previous attitude contradicts your own words, so we'll make you smile again.
- And no use pretending you do not like it, since you're the cutest and tickling bear in the Kingdom of Caring - Lonesome concluded, sliding her fingers quickly up and down the dimples of her husband's armpits.
- Stohohohop! My ahahaharms! My feheheheet! Plehehehease Shimmers, hehehehelp!
Shimmers tried to hide his laughter as he watched the scene, at the same time Sky Heart just nodded and rolled his eyes.
- I'm glad you invited me to a real surprise party - he mused calmly - I was sincerely afraid that this was just some kind of trick for you to tickle me as a way to congratulate myself because I completed my course.
- We know you're a serious bear, my friend - the swordsman said with a giggle, giving the guardian bear a hug - Fortunately there is a first time in life for everything, even to be tickled.
And he gave a mischievous wink to Wish, Aqua, Lonesome and Redemption, who immediately understood Shimmers' words. But the guardian bear also realized what it meant, taking time just to open his eyes when all five bears leapt over him, grabbing his arms and legs and beginning to tickle his armpits, belly, and feet.
- Not! Do not dahahahre do thahahahat! Nohohoho ticklehehehes! - Sky began to laugh as he felt those fingers teasing his armpits, his navel and his feet - Enohohohough, plehehehease! I dohohoho nohohohot wahahahant to be tihihihickled! I beheheheg!
- You have no choice, my friend - Shimmers said with a chuckle, holding tightly to his warrior friend's right arm and scratching up and down his armpit while Redemption did the same on his left arm - Now enjoy your surprise tickle session as a gift for your graduation.
- And enjoy it a lot as we explore your sensitive body - Aqua added, already recovered after being tickled, and holding the right foot of Sky Heart sliding his fingers through his friend's toes, while Wish Bear did the same on the left foot, teasing the sole and instep slowly. As for Lonesome, she slid her fingers up and down the belly of the guardian bear, especially in the region of the navel, knowing that he could not defend himself.
- Stohohohop! Stahahahap tihihihickling mehehehe! - he shouted, shaking his head from side to side, trying to pull his arms, wiggle his feet and curl his toes, and up and down his belly as he was tickled - Plehehehease, I cahahahan nohohohot stahahahand it!
- Surely you can handle even more tickles, and we'll help you figure out your limit tonight, so enjoy a lot and have fun - the swordsman concluded with a giggle as he, his wife, brother, sister-in-law and the doctor continued to tickle Sky Heart without any mercy, being that the blue bear could only endure that torture and wish the night passed quickly.
Confidence had just gotten out of the shower and was about to go to bed. The day had been too full of emotions for her, she was not used to it. Looking at the mirror on the dresser in her bedroom, she stared into her reflection, wondering what has changed in your way of being, in her appearance, in her wishes. If before she liked to be alone, now she had many friends and liked them. She now felt more feminine than ever, and she was even tidying up her hair, dressing it with a little flower headband when it was not going to fight.
Taking a deep breath, she pulled on the covers and was already preparing to turn off the light when he heard the sound of a car stopping in front of her door. Seconds later, an anxious ringing sound. The female fennec frowned, annoyed by this unexpected visit, and her face was not one of the happiest. But when she opened the door, she came face to face with Champ, whose countenance had an indescribable emotion. In his hands was a large cardboard box that should be very heavy, for although the sportsman did not say anything, he sighed with relief when he entered and placed the package on the floor.
- What happened to you? - she asked with concern.
- I found! - replied the bear excitedly - Was inadvertently, but I found!
- Calm down! Found what?
- The missing albums! I found them in the dumping room there from home.
And in a few words the bear explained to her friend everything that had happened and how he had found the albums. Confidence took the first of them and looked at the cover for a moment, listening to Champ's explanations.
- So this is where can be at the key of our little mystery? - she asked after the other stopped talking.
- At least it might be a start... - he retorted.
The fennec fox quickly sat cross-legged on the ground while the bear did the same at her side. And in that position, they both looked at the albums, photo by photo, slowly, searching for every detail and exchanging impressions.
- Who are these bears? - Confidence asked in one of the first photos - You know them?
- I don't know anyone - the sportsman said, looking closely at each of those characters - Interesting... None of them have a tummy symbol.
- Does that mean anything to you?
- Maybe this is where Perfect and Polite lives. Once, True Heart told us that it was there that we also lived before being attacked by Dark Heart and saved by the Great Wishing Star. At that time none of us had tummy symbols
- Which proves that these pictures are from those times - reflected the fox, continuing to turn the pages - This one here is not Grams Bear? - she asked after a moment.
The black-and-white photo and the fact that the portraits did not have tummy symbols to identify them certainly did not help, but that smile, that soft look, that happy face, could only belong to Grams Bear.
- Who's that next to her? - asked the fox, pointing to a bear holding Grams's hand.
- Certainly it's Heavenly, her late husband - Champ answered - I'm not sure what happened to him, and Grams Bear does not go into details. Only once did I hear of him during a meeting, and in response to Noble Heart.
- Very interesting this...
- There's more - said the bear, as Confidence turned to him with great curiosity - Actually, I knew she was a widow because she was the mother of Joyful Heart, the mother of Hugs and Tugs. When I heard about Heavenly, then everything fell into place.
- Now that you mention it... I've never stopped to think that Hugs and Tugs's parents aren't around. What happened to them?
- Well, as you know, the time for bears and cousins is different from human time. We age very slowly. A year for bears can take more than three years for humans. More or less. I just don't know...
- Champ, I already know that time passes differently for us - interrupted the female fennec impatiently – C’mon, say what happened to Grams Bear's daughter?
- She married Looter Heart Bear, and they had the couple of twins. But shortly after, they disappeared during a mission and we never heard of them again. It was a blow to all of us, especially as we learned to love Grams and Joyful a lot.
- Learned to love it? So they didn’t live here.
- No, they came many years after us. I was about twelve when this happened, and I remember that Noble Heart and True Heart showed great happiness in seeing her, explaining to us that Grams Bear had helped them to found the orphanage for the cubs.
- Is that true?
Champ did not answer. Now she played at a point he could not be sure of. Until a few hours before, his whole history was an absolute truth, but gradually he lost that faith in what the patriarchs had told him.
Still on that album, they found photos of Noble and True young, of other unknown bears and of humans as well. Initially the sportsman thought that it was the paradise valley residents, but later he realized that it was not them, but other humans. In fact, what they were seeing did not seem to be photos only of the valley, but of a great island, certainly the same one that kept the valley. There it showed organized cities, but of beautiful old colonial style, where everyone seemed to live in peace and happiness.
The vast majority of photos showed that humans and bears lived very well in these cities, which had the entire necessary infrastructure for their inhabitants. It also showed that the harmony should be very large, as there were pictures of parties with all gathered, as well as portraying a civic parade and various graduations of schools.
The night was well advanced by the time they reached the last pages of that photo album. There were five more of them, one of them Champ recognized as the one carrying the picture of the brothers Perfect and Polite in the valley, the photo that led the bears to look for the pair of pandas. But as it was too late, he and his friend decided to continue on another occasion.
- I think it's good - Confidence said, yawning - Good thing we do not have to get up early tomorrow.
- Oh, you want to stay in bed until later? - asked Champ, mischievously - I think you're getting loose...
The fox did not respond and turned the last page of the album. There was the photo of Noble Heart, True Heart and various bears and cousins adults together of several cubs and two humans. Champ rolled his eyes at the picture and recognized Tenderheart, Grumpy, Secret, Good Luck and Braveheart there. His eyes fixed on a specific baby, with a few months old, which was being held by a tall, skinny, sparkling-eyed human with a nice smile in your lips. But it was not in the human that Champ was interested, but in the cub, even more so after reading the name embroidered on the blanket that enveloped him. To his great surprise, he called the female fennec and pointed his trembling finger at the baby, without a word, since he could not even do it.
- Who is it? - Confidence asked, glancing at the photo cub, and at the same time gasping with surprise.
In the lap of that human was a baby of fennec, and even without tummy symbol, it was undeniable that this was Confidence Heart, because this was the name that appeared in the blanket that surrounded her.
-My God... That's me... - she murmured in a breath of surprise and astonishment.
- You were right, your group and mine are connected - Champ said, trying to subdue the surprise.
- If we could find this human, surely he could answer so many things - Confidence said thoughtfully.
Frank slowly got ready to go to sleep, settling under the sheets and saying a prayer of thanks to God for another day in his life. But before she went to bed, she took an old photo from the drawer and looked at it for a few seconds. It was his picture next to some of his old friends bears and cousins, and he had a little baby in his lap, called Confidence Fennec. If she were alive, how would she be now? Maybe he had his answer soon, when he meets again with Noble, True, and those bears and cousins he'd met when they were cubs. Shaking his head, he quickly tucked the photo into his jacket pocket, certain that the next day he would find who he was looking for, and that the photo would show the Care Bears that he was telling the truth. It was his greatest desire to do that, but his heart was already certain that everything would work out. And it was with such certainty that he quietly fell asleep.