Pinkie came out so cute! ;) Mom made the cupcakes for me ;) I'm really glad the buyer let me go with this mane and tail. The curly rosettes really make her adorable!
These eyes are based off the eyes I made for AppleJack, except that they have gradient! Gradients are going to be standard from now on. Since I figured out how to make my embroidery program do them, why not? (It actually takes micromanaging each stitch in the stitch editor module, but so worth it!)
Radial fill was used for her balloons to give them a shimmering 3D effect.
Pinkie is the second pony that I tried to make prettier seams for. On Celestia I brushed the fur away from the seam before pinning and used wash out stabilizer on the more complex seams. I said I would never do that again. On Pinkie I just brushed the fur away, but didn't touch stabilizer. It still came out great! Very little fur got under the seam, and the seams look smoother and better concealed! It takes more time, but that is a standard feature of my ponies from now on!
Her hoof material is different. He wanted satin, but the Casa satin I normally use didn't come in an acceptable color. I chose this stuff, which is silkier, and kinda has lines which resemble the ridges in hooves. It was also a lot stretchier. I still backed it with cotton like I normally do, but the hooves stretched a little longer than normal. It still looks good, so I'm not worried about that. He also got the detailed hoof inserts. I prefer this look over normal hooves.
Continuing the lessons learned from making Celestia, Pinkie has Version 3 of the MLP head, where I have made the darts even better. Her body is V2.5, which only has a minor tweak to the butt dart.
List of Options/details MLP Head V3 Version 2.5 body 3D MLP Ear Satin Detailed Indented hooves Faux Fur Mane and Tail Fully embroidered eye with pattern fills for 3D effect Bedroom Eyes