The Care Bears
The Confidence Secret
The day was passing very slowly to Confidence, while the feeling of sadness and solitude increased in her chest. She felt truly powerless having her secret in the hands of Cheer Bear, and the worst of it is that she could not even look for Champ to tell his about it or her opponent could reveal to them what the fighter's true mission was.
Throughout her life, the fennec had managed to control her feelings very well, to the point of being called by her friends as arrogant and even unfriendly. But since she had come to the Kingdom of Caring, she felt her feelings more alive than ever, including the sadness, the fear, and the disappointment as she felt at that moment, as she walked slowly through the Forest of Feelings, her head lowered and expression lost in her own thoughts, feeling that not all the birds, all the butterflies or all the flowers in the world could ever cheer her heart up at that moment. Confidence felt as if a part of her heart had been ripped off, after all she had to move away from her best friend. More than that, she would have to move away from the bear that moved her feelings and her heart...
As thought about it, the fox came to the playground where Hugs and Tugs played while they were visiting the forest, and sat on a swing, becoming silent and crestfallen. What should she do now? Perhaps the wisest thing to do was to walk away from Champ, to even leave Care-a-Lot and return to her adoptive family, saying they would not be accepted at Care Bear Family. But Sage, Life, Love Heart, Calm Heart, Anger, Defiant and the others had deposited so much faith that she could accomplish that mission... Surely they would be disappointed with the fox if she just gave up the task.
Confidence was so distracted in her own thoughts who took a big fright to feel someone push her amusingly on the swing.
- Hey! - she exclaimed, looking around.
It was when Forest Ranger Jaguar appeared with a big smile, sitting on the swing next to the fennec.
- What? Have not you ever played in the swing? - asked the green-eyed feline.
- You frightened me - she said with a small smile - I did not hear you approaching.
- You ought to have your head in the world of the moon not to listen as I approached. After all, from what I know you have excellent hearing.
- Maybe the best of the Kingdom of Caring - Confidence replied with a broad smile, before her face became sad and she lowered her head slightly - I'm just not having a good day...
- I already noticed that because of your sad face. Do you want to vent with me what happened? I promise I will not tell anyone.
- Well, it's just... I still feel like a complete stranger to many bears and cousins. Some of them never came to talk to me a word. Okay, I did not look for them either, but... I sometimes feel rejected by them.
- If it's any consolation, you're certainly not the only one who's ever felt that way - said the cat with a small sigh - Impulsive, Shimmers, Aqua, Lonesome, Redemption, Sky-Heart... They've all felt like you. Even I have felt this way, rejected by others. The Care Bear Family is very good, but sometimes it seems to forget its basic precepts of love, affection, and unity. And what else is bothering you? Certainly there are more things debating in your heart...
- Yes, there is... Cheer Bear is jealous of my friendship with Champ, and she threatened to tell me that if I did not move away from him, she would tell all my secrets to Noble Heart and True Heart... I do not know what to do, Forest Ranger! I do not want to get away from Champ, he's my best friend!
- Are you sure he's just your best friend? - Forest Ranger asked with curiosity - Are you sure there is nothing more serious between you?
- Of course I have... I mean... - Confidence hesitated, before taking a deep breath - I feel good next to him. We even kissed, but it was just a kiss, there was nothing more serious. I know he loves Cheer, and I do not want to upset their relationship. Because I also have a boyfriend...
- Ah! I did not think you had a boyfriend - said the cat with a surprised expression - Who is he? Does this have to do with the secrets that Cheer threatens to reveal to the founders?
- His name is Love Heart Bear, he's my adopted brother. My adoptive family lives in Canada and is made up of bears and cousins just like you. I came here with a mission to find out if the Care Bear Family would accept us, but in the face of the reactions of True Heart, Cheer Bear and others, I'm not sure anymore...
- Besides Cheer and me, who else knows about it?
- From what I know, only Champ, Grams Bear, Shimmers, Hector, and Frank.
- Then maybe it's time you revealed the others your secret - Forest Ranger Jaguar pondered, rising from the swing with a little smile on his lips - Enjoy the meeting we'll have tomorrow, and tell the Care Bear Family everything. You will not be alone, surely Shimmers and Champ will defend you, and I will also be there to help you. At least that way, Cheer Bear will not be able to blackmail you anymore, your boyfriend will be able to come to the Kingdom of Caring and you will have no more doubts about her feelings.
And with a wink, the feline smiled and walked away as quickly and quietly as it had at the time he had arrived, leaving Confidence alone and pensive before she herself got up and went back to Care-a-Lot.
Champ walked slowly along the banks of the great river that cut Care-a-Lot and the Forest of Feelings and would pour into the sea of the Kingdom of Caring. But the bear was too intent on his thoughts to worry about the way the waters did. His heart was full of doubt, especially after his last conversation with Noble Heart about the horse relying on the sportsman. This made him feel very sorry for being deceiving the patriarch as to the secret of Confidence, and his relationship with Cheer Bear.
Throughout his life, the bear had heard advice from Noble Heart and True Heart about the marriage. They have always said that marriage is a unique and happy moment, and that crises are occurring. But that when a male and a female joined together definitely and recognized the union, this was indissoluble, except with the death of one of the two. There could be no betrayal and no shameful act before the wedding, and even then the couple had to stick together to survive the problems.
But he had done everything wrong with Cheer, and it weighed heavily on his conscience, since now they were no longer innocent and knew love. On the other hand, as much as he loved the rosy bear, Champ also remained in doubt as to his feelings for Confidence. He was very attracted to the fennec, and part of him had an immense will to plunge into an affair with the fighter. But how could he do this and abandon Cheer Bear, especially now that they both had such a strong bond? And how could he ask Confidence to forget Love Heart and stay with him? There were many doubts in his mind, and he did not know what to do.
The young bear athlete continued his walk, kicking some rocks into the water when he heard someone call him from a distance, and when he turned around, he saw Shimmeringstar Bear running toward him.
- I'm glad I caught up with you, Champ - the swordsman said with a worried expression - Is everything okay with you? I saw you walk away crestfallen, after talking to Noble Heart...
- Yes, it's all right, I just wanted to be a bit alone - the sportsman said quietly - I wanted to think of some of the things that Noble told me.
- And what did he say made you so upset?
- That he trusts me as well as you, Tenderheart and Braveheart...
Shimmers smiled at that, but almost immediately he frowned, realizing that Champ looked even more embarrassed and afraid.
- And you do not feel worthy of that trust? - asked the beige bear curiously - Why? Does this have anything to do with the fact that you know the secret of Confidence?
- Who told you that I know her secrets? - Champ asked briskly, staring at his friend.
- She, when she told me about her family in Canada and her magical powers.
- And you also do not feel uneasy about not being able to reveal the truth to the people you trust the most?
- Well... A little, mostly because I promised True Heart I'd help her figure it all out - Shimmers said with a sad expression - But I know Mama would not accept this story, and I do not want to complicate Confidence's life. That's why I was silent, just like you, waiting for the moment when our friend reveals the truth to all... But that's not all that's bothering you, is it?
The sportsman took a deep breath and looked at his sidelong friend.
- You're right - said Champ with his head down - Cheer and I... Well... You know... We slept together!
- So you two finally decided to assume that you love each other? This is very good... And what is the problem with the two of you being more closely related? You two are not the first couple in the Family to sleep together.
- But we're not yet 18, and I did not ask Cheer Bear to marry me. It's not like you and Wish Bear, who are already engaged and live together because they are legally adult.
- Well, it's enough that you two wait a few more months until you both turn 18, and then you can settle your situation with Care Bear Family. Until then, use this to protect yourself and there will be no problems.
Saying that, Shimmers put something into Champ's hands. The sportsman looked at the object and then at the somewhat embarrassed expression of the swordsman, before beginning to laugh out loud.
- I honestly do not know what you're laughing at - said the beige bear, frowning - Can't I worry about a friend and want him to protect himself?
- Of course, sport fan, but I never thought you'd give me something like that - the sportsman bear struggled to keep from laughing - Thank you for worrying about me and Cheer, Shimmers.
- I can't forbid you two to sleep together, but at least I can help you have a less dangerous relationship... Now, as for Confidence, you could try to persuade her to tell her secrets to the Family at tomorrow's meeting.
- You're right, but I have not seen Confidence today to talk...
- Well, the last time I saw her was when she left the sports gym, a few moments after Cheer Bear also left the venue.
- Cheer?!? - the sportsman questioned with surprise expression - What was she doing in the gym with Confidence?
- Maybe she came to see you...
- Well... I... Maybe - Champ agreed thoughtfully, feeling uncomfortable in his heart - Thank you for talking to me, Shimmers. I'll see you later.
The swordsman smiled and walked away as the bear athlete stood there, feeling in his heart that something had happened between his girlfriend and his best friend, and if his suspicion was true so that was not good.
Noble Heart and True Heart were seated hugging each other on the couch, looking cheerfully at some Care Bear Family photographs and trying to choose one of them to frame and place on the wall. They were both very happy as they had not felt for a long time, and every once in a while the female bear rubbed its muzzle at the horse's neck, which it returned with caress and kisses on the wife's cheek.
That's when they heard the bell ring and they gave a wailing groan.
- Someone had to show up to ruin our time together - Noble murmured, rolling his eyes - I'm so enjoying being here with you... Let the bell ring and we'll sit here quietly.
- I'd like to do that, since I do not want this moment to end so quickly - True said with a smile when he heard the bell again - But we had better take it, after all, it may be something urgent.
The reality of being the founders of Care Bear Family knocked on the door, literally, and so the bear quickly went to see who was ringing the bell.
- Oh... Hello True Heart - Wish Bear said when the matriarch opened the door - I did not mean to bother you, but I need to talk to you alone if Noble Heart does not mind...
- You never bother us - said True with an amused look at Noble, who just laughed softly - Come with me into the bedroom, where we can both talk better.
- In the meantime, if there's no other way, I'll take care of the garden - the horse concluded with a giggle, nodding and picking up the garden tools while the two female bears went into the bedroom.
Wish Bear and True Heart quickly sat on the bed, face to face, and the matriarch took the girl's hands.
- Okay, now tell me what's troubling you - the founder began in a gentle tone - Did you have any problems with regard to caring missions?
- Well... Actually, I wanted to tell you about Shimmers - confessed the bear of desires with her cheeks flushed - He does not know I'm here; maybe he would not like to know that I told you about it.
- Are you having any problems with the relationship? Or are you telling me you're pregnant?!?
- No, no, neither one thing nor another - said Wish with a funny laugh - It's just that Shimmers has been very concerned about how Care Bear Family is treating Confidence Heart. He told me that he does not want her to feel excluded by others, just as he did when he joined us.
- Confidence? - True repeated, frowning, feeling her heart fill with doubts, fears and anger again - And since when Shimmers became friends with that fennec?
- As far as I know, they have not become friends, but they've talked several times since the day he and Grams Bear saved her from the hands of No Heart - explained the greenish bear calmly - So he revealed to me that he was worried about how we treat Confidence because we do not integrate her in the Family and we do not even try to make friends with her. Shimmers also told me that he will talk about it with everyone at the meeting tomorrow and that I should not tell anyone about it to anyone before the time. But I know you consider yourself his mother, True Heart, and I thought I'd better come and talk to you.
True Heart remained silent, frowning and looking extremely thoughtful. Her doubts and suspicions were growing even more strongly about the role Shimmers was playing in that story. It was very strange that he cared so much about the future of this troublemaker fox in Care Bear Family, not least because he was not someone who made friends easily.
Maybe that concern could only mean one thing: Shimmers knew Confidence's secret, and knew that such a secret would not be accepted by the other bears and cousins, especially the founders!
- True heart? It's all right? - Wish Bear asked with a worried look at the matriarch's angry expression - Did I do something wrong?
- No, you did not do anything wrong - said True Heart, trying to regain his composure, though his eyes still glowed with rage and malice - I think I need to talk to my beloved son a bit...
- But he'll find out that we both talk and he'll be mad at me!
- Do not worry Wish, I'll make sure he does not feel upset with you. But I want you to do me a small favor. I want you to wish Shimmers to go without his powers for three days, including Stare, from the moment he wakes up tomorrow.
- Why that?
- Oh, just to keep him from trying to escape the conversation by using his magical powers. You know, there's no more powerful bear than him in the Kingdom of Caring, and... I want to make him have a little fun if you understand me.
The green bear thought for a few seconds and nodded, giving a small smile.
- Okay, I know how hard it is to play tickles with Shimmers when he fully uses his powers - she said calmly, closing her eyes - I wish Shimmeringstar Bear to be totally without magical powers and can’t use the Stare for the next three days from the moment he wakes up tomorrow.
Immediately Wish Bear felt his special power interact with Twinker, his little friend star who always fulfilled his requests.
- Very well, True, your request is already made - said the young female bear with a smile - Tomorrow Shimmers will awake without his powers.
- That's very good, tell him to come and talk to me at dawn, for we're going to have some fun - True Heart concluded with a malicious glance, feeling that he was about to discover the great secret that the inopportune fox hid, and to get rid of her presence once and for all.
Forest Ranger Jaguar's words still resonated in the ears of Confidence, who was now walking slowly home. The sun was already hiding behind the horizon of clouds, and soon the night would take care of Care-a-Lot. Beautiful shades of color illuminated the forest and bears' village, reflecting almost all the rainbow around. It was in those moments that life seemed to be sweeter and more beautiful to the inhabitants of the Kingdom of Caring, forgetting the problems they faced daily.
That beautiful sight, and the words of encouragement from the feline, made the fox feel more cheerful than before, and she was really willing to reveal her secret the next day during the Care Bear Family meeting. She knew she could count on the help of Champ, Shimmers, Forest Ranger and even Frank, and the fact that revealing her secrets would end the threats of Cheer Bear and perhaps serve to show True Heart that she was someone trusted.
She thought that way when she finally arrived at her house, entering the yard and opening the door, barely able to hold a cry of surprise to see Champ in his living room, sitting in an armchair with his arms crossed and looking curiously at the fennec.
- CC-Champ?!? - said Confidence, blanching as if he were seeing a ghost - How did you get in here?
- If you do not want visitors while you're away from home, lock the doors - the bear replied with a small smile on his lips, but also showing surprise at her friend's reaction - What happened, Confidence? You look very frightened. Want to talk about it?
- II-I... Well... I think we can talk some other time - she said, not even looking at her friend - Maybe tomorrow after the Care Bear Family meeting.
- Listen here, sports fan, we'll talk right now - the sportsman said earnestly, frowning - And I'll get right to the point, what did Cheer Bear do this morning at the gym?
At the sound of it, practically all the blood left Confidence's face, and a deadly pallor appeared on his face, as well as a gleam in his gaze that was certainly terrifying. For a moment the fennec tried to articulate words, but could not utter a sound. Finally, she let out a little moan and kept her head down, trembling from head to foot and not brave enough to face her friend.
In the face of her friend's reaction, the bear athlete realized that something very serious had happened, and felt his heart almost stop beating. Although the fighter did not say a word, Champ imagined what had really happened.
- Oh no... - he whispered with trembling lips - Please, Confidence, do not tell me which Cheer...
Confidence tried to remain calm, but began to cry with helplessness, kneeling on the floor and covering his face with her hands. The bear sighed sadly and swallowed hard, before approaching his friend and kneeling beside him, giving him a tight hug and trying to get some comfort. He had no more doubts about what had happened and felt guilty for revealing the fighter's secret to Cheer.
It took a long time before the fox calmed down, and all this time the sportsman stood by her side, hugging her with great affection. Surely that helped her a good deal. At the end of that time, she slowly pulled him away so she could look into his eyes.
- She said if I do not turn away from you, she'll tell my secret to everyone... - said the fennec wrestler, feeling the tears still stream from her eyes - She humiliated me, said you were silly to believe her... It was so humiliating to have to say that I'm a troublemaker liar...
- I'm sorry, I did not want to... - said the bear, in a sorry voice and also beginning to cry - I thought Cheer had really changed, that could become her friend, understand the reason for her secret and respect that, in addition to our friendship... I am guilty, I told her!
- You're not to blame for believing your girlfriend is a good female bear - Confidence said sadly - I'm so afraid of what she might try to do against me! You even saw how she acted with Hector, taking the help of True Heart and Redemptionheart... Champ, I do not know what to do!
Champ continued to hug her friend, feeling the heat of his body move to hers and vice versa. And that was such a good feeling... Suddenly he realized that he was willing to dive into that embrace, in that mutual warmth, without caring about the world around him. But surely that was not the best time for such thoughts.
- Do not worry, Confidence, I will not allow Cheer to do anything against you - he said, squeezing Confidence in his arms - If she thinks she can threaten you with impunity, she is very much mistaken!
- But, Champ... - Confidence began, and the bear gently made a signal for her to say nothing.
- It'll all work out, trust me - the sportsman said, slowly releasing himself from embrace and walking toward the door, where he paused for a moment and smiled kindly at the fennec before leaving.
Slowly the fighter sat down on the couch and took a deep breath, calming down a little more, before opening a smile and hugging herself, wanting to keep Champ's warmth in her body, after all that was the hottest feeling of protection that she had already felt.
Cheer was quietly tidying up her makeup collection, choosing what she would wear the next day, since she was the vainest female bear in the Kingdom of Caring and loved wearing clothes, bracelets, earrings, lipsticks, and other feminine props. It was when the bedroom door opened violently, and Champ came in with the world's most annoyed and disappointed expression, so much so that the face of the bear was even stained with anger.
- It sounds like you really like to get into my room without knocking... Arghh! - the pink bear had begun to say in a mischievous tone, before giving a cry of fear and pain as he felt the sportsman grasp her arms ungraciously, pressing her against a wall - What is it? What do you think...
- So I'm a fool?!? - he yelled, forcing her against the wall - Am I easy to fool? Is that what you think of me?!? You traitor!
- What are you talking about, anyway?
- You know what I'm talking about! Confidence! You used me to know her secret, and you threatened her! Your... Your...
- So that's it, are you going to defend that little troublemaker fox one more time? - Cheer Bear shrieked, grinding her teeth - Who do you want to believe, in me that am I your girlfriend and best friend, or in her that just gets into trouble?!?
- You're the only troublemaker around here - said Champ, unable to contain his anger, pushing his girlfriend even harder against the wall - Do not you dare do anything against Confidence, okay? Do not even think about telling Noble, True, Tenderheart, Braveheart or anyone else her secret, or else Care Bear Family will also know that we both sleep together, do you understand?!?
- Stop yelling at me and squeezing my arm, you stupid! - Cheer Bear shouted, trying to get out of Champ's arms - You just keep defending that little fox, it looks like you're in love with her!
- And I really am!!! I'm hopelessly in love with Confidence, because at least she's not crazy like you! At least she trusts me and I trust her, while you!... You betrayed me!
Champ left the girl brutally and walked away toward the door, leaving Cheer paralyzed, trembling with fear and helplessness before that scene before she knelt on the floor and began to cry. She had lost the love of her life, had lost the one that was dearer to her. All this because of a silly secret, which she should have respected to find out what it was and how important it was to Confidence. She should have stopped feeling jealous and struggling to win back the heart of her bear, and also to have become friends with that fennec, something that would surely show Champ that she was really changing. But the female bear did not do any of that, but only spoiled the last chance she had to fix it all.
Soon after, a thought crossed her mind: What would become of them when Noble Heart and True Heart discovered that she was no longer innocent? How could she face Champ and demand that he marry her to honor what the two had already done?
Now he no longer trusted her, and with that his love was over. Neither a thousand apologies would fix everything she had done, and surely if the two were forced to stay together, they would never be happy either. Anyway, Cheer felt lost and insecure.
Champ left the house as fast as he could, crying with pain and anger at what had just happened. He had ended his courtship with Cheer, the female bear he was sure would live with him until the end of his days. All because of the sickly jealousy she felt of Confidence. His heart now ached a lot because of that love that was ending in a fight, mainly because he did not believe that Cheer would change her feelings mainly after having betrayed him in such a sordid way. He could no longer trust the pink bear.
But he knew that feeling that his heart was in pieces was not only because of what his girlfriend had done that day. The fact that she had tortured Hector along with True Heart and Redemption, along with all that he had lived alongside Confidence, and the discoveries he had made in recent days regarding Care Bear Family history, also served to drain his mood and joy.
Slowly Champ walked aimlessly until he reached the Hall of Hearts. Walking slowly through the door, he saw that the place was already empty and the lights were off. He did not even know why he was there, he just wanted to forget everything that had happened and hide from everything and everyone while he cried. Entering the kitchen, he switched on the light and leaned against the wall, struggling not to despair. That was when his gaze stopped in a dusty box on one of the topmost shelves of the pantry, labeled "wine of love."
This had been another unsuccessful experience of Bright Heart, which had attempted to produce a fortifying drink from grape juice. The result was a type of wine with a high alcoholic content that amazingly affected the personality of all who took it. So much so that Grumpy became a sweet and helpful person while experiencing that drink, while Playful Heart became more serious than the grumpy bear itself. Even the raccoon, in proving his invention, became someone without intelligence and initiative of his own, but fortunately the effects of that drink lasted no more than one night, and the next day they all had their normal personalities again.
From that day on, the few bottles that had been produced were stored in the pantry, as they could serve something in the future, even though the raccoon insisted that all the liquid had been destroyed to avoid problems or that someone wanted to commit some madness, such as Champ wanted to do now.
- Should I? - he asked himself as he took a bottle in his hands and looked at her closely - Just a little, to forget what happened... I do not think it will do any harm.
With that thought, he took the cork from the bottle and drank from his own neck, waiting to see what would happen. Maybe he was just a lazy, naive bear during the drink, but at least he would forget everything he'd endured all those days.
Bright Heart was tired after another exhausting day of work in his workshop, trying to perfect his Personal Locator and his remote control car for cloud cars. All he wanted was to relax and watch some television in his room, but as soon as he entered the teenager’s house, he realized that the situation was tense.
The sound of desperate weeping reached his ears, and he caught sight of Treat Heart and Hector in front of the locked door of Cheer Bear's room, trying to console her and begging to let them in.
- Lets go, my friend, let me come in so we can talk - the female pig said in a friendly tone - I know it's hard, but does well vent...
- Please, Cheer, we want to help you and Champ - Hector added with a worried look - Open the door, please
- What is going on? - Bright Heart asked quickly - Why is Cheer Bear crying in the bedroom? Has something happened to Champ?
- They broke up, Bright Heart - Treat Heart responded in a low voice - I'm not sure what happened, but during the discussion between the two, I came to realize that Confidence is also involved.
- Good heavens... - the inventor murmured as he realized what that meant - And where's Champ? Where did he go?
- He left about half an hour ago, very sad and angry - the boy said with a frightened expression - There's going to be nothing wrong with him and Cheer, is not it, Bright Heart?
- No, no, everything will be fine - the raccoon replied, trying to sound calm - I'm going to look for Champ and try to talk to him, and in the meantime you two keep trying to calm Cheer.
And without waiting for a reply, the inventor rushed into the street, running toward the house of the only person who could help him at that time, not only to seek Champ from the Kingdom of Caring, but also to explain what had actually happened between his friend athlete and the proud bear. And that person was just Confidence Heart.
Despite carrying out daily caring mission on Earth, Care Bear Family's social life outside the Kingdom of Caring was not one of the busiest. And when the bear was just someone who lived for work and only thought about filling out reports and completing missions as was the case with Tenderheart, it would certainly be very difficult to expect some kind of a different ride on his side.
But Love-a-Lot had been surprised that night when her boyfriend invited her to dine out at a vegetarian restaurant located in a friendly suburb of Pittsburgh. The bear of the passions had never imagined receiving such an invitation, much less that it was a romantic dinner by candlelight, being served her favorite dishes, and having the place closed only for the two with the whole attendance team giving them attention exclusive.
- Honestly, I did not think you were such a madman, Tenderheart - she said with laughter - I'm usually the one who prepares the surprises for both of us, but today you've really outdone yourself...
- I thought I was just being romantic - the brown bear replied in a surprised tone - Why do you think I'm crazy? Just because I wanted to surprise you?
- Why, you practically rented the restaurant just for us! This must have cost a fortune here!
- Well... Not exactly a fortune - the young leader confessed with a small friendly smile - I helped the owner of the restaurant when he was a child, and he agreed to repay me the favor.
- But Tenderheart! You yourself say Care Bear Family should help people without expecting anything in return! You can’t request a free exclusive dinner how a retribution to a caring mission.
- And who said it was free? I had to attend two birthday parties filled with children as energetic as Hugs and Tugs to get this dinner.
The pink bear giggled at this, especially when she imagined her fiancé cheering on a birthday party, surrounded by disobedient, cheerful children as was the case with baby bears. Luckily he had no problem to rejoicing and paying attention to children.
- I do not think that was a real sacrifice to make me happy - said Love-a-Lot with a wry smile - You love children! What amazes me the most is that you've put your work aside for one night to pay attention to me... Will you remember to do that when we're married?
The bear lowered his head slightly, feeling his cheeks flush, but shortly afterwards he relaxed his features and opened a shy smile, holding his girlfriend's hands and nuzzling noses with her.
- Maybe... - he said mysteriously as they kissed each other gently before returning to their romantic dinner.
Another couple who were also having their romantic time together were Proud Heart Cat and Loyal Heart Dog, and the two of them were seated hugging each other on the dock, on the riverbank, their feet dipped in the water and watching the sun go down. Both were silent so as not to break the charm of the moment, but finally the cat looked at her boyfriend and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
- Thank you - she said in a kind tone, purring with joy.
- For bringing you to see the sunset? - the dog asked with a surprised smile - You do not have to thank me...
- No, Loyal, I'm thanking you for everything you've done for me - Proud interrupted with a giggle - You've never left me alone, you've always been on my side in all situations, supporting me when I do things right or correcting myself when I mistake something. This is more than I could ever deserve, and I can never reciprocate in the same way...
- My darling, just the fact that you accepted me as a boyfriend and want to be my life mate is more than enough. During the meeting tomorrow, when we communicate our engagement to the others, you can be sure that the only thing I expect is a smile on your lips.
Proud Heart widened her eyes and stared at her boyfriend, mouth open and unable to utter words, such was her surprise.
- Engagement?!? - she repeated after a few seconds - Loyal! You mean that...
Loyal Heart smiled gently and held the cat's hands, feeling that she was sweating with emotion, just like him.
- Yes, you have understood correctly - he confirmed gently - Proud Heart Cat, will you marry me and be my life mate for the rest of our lives?
She felt her heart stop beating for a moment, and she needed to calm down a little, breathing deeply three times, to get her answer back as tears of happiness formed in her eyes.
- Yes! - she said happily, hugging the groom - Yes! Yes, I agree to marry you!
Loyal hugged the bride and smiled, before the two looked at each other and nuzzled noses lovingly, only then their lips met and they both began to plan what their married lives would be like.
- Coochie coo! Now my blue feet bear will laugh a lot - Shimmers said with a mischievous smile, his eyebrows teasing.
- NN-No, you can’t do this to me - Wish said, trying to look frightened, but not hiding the smile on her lips.
The couple was lying on the bed, the swordsman sitting on the belly of the bear of request, at the same time he holding her wrists forcing her arms up. She had done the same thing earlier with her partner, and now it was his turn to give her change. With a quick movement, the bear let go of Wish's wrists and began to tickle the girl's armpits, who instinctively lowered her arms and pulled her legs up trying to avoid tickles.
- Nohohohoho! - the female bear laughed amusingly, struggling to get out from under her mate as he tickled her armpits, chest and neck - Stohohohop! Thahahahat's nohohohot fahahahair!
- But of course it's fair, you did the same to me earlier - he said childishly - Besides, why should I stop? You're so cute laughing... Coochie coo!
Shimmers then dug his hands into Wish's arms and ribs, causing her to laugh out loud, trying to untap in the bed. This lasted only a few seconds, when he finally stopped and gave a passionate kiss to the lips of the female bear, who stood there breathing deeply.
- Are you alright? - he gently asked - I hope I have not exaggerated in tickling, you're such a sensitive little bear, my dear blue feet bear...
- But no more than you - she replied with a teasing smile, enjoying hearing her husband call her by her nickname - You are the most cute and tickling little bear I've ever known. That's why we both get along so well.
The swordsman smiled in return and kissed his companion again in a kind manner, and the two looked at each other in silence, passionately, thinking how lucky they were to meet and fall in love.
- You are the bear of my life, and I can only thank God for having known you - Shimmers said in a loving way - You have not only helped me to tread the good ways again, as you have never given up on our love.
- Because I've always known that love always finds a way to exist, even in the face of all difficulties - Wish Bear said - By the way, speaking in love, True Heart wants to talk to you tomorrow morning about Confidence.
Upon hearing this, the bear assumed a serious expression, and Wish Bear could perceive a concerned glow in the look of the companion.
- Confidence? - he repeated hesitantly, because deep down he knew he could never completely deceive his adoptive mother about the fact that he knows the secrets of the fennec - But why True Heart wants to talk to me about Confidence?
- Well... I do not know - the female bear replied, trying to hide her concern, after all it was she who had sought out True Heart and asked her to talk to her foster child - Maybe she wants to ask for your opinion about Confidence, or even for you be the fox trainer.
- Maybe, but... I wanted to know why this True Heart interest just now.
- Is that a problem?
Shimmers looked at Wish for a second before opening a small smile and kissing her again in calm, loving way.
- No problem - he answered languidly, before taking on a mischievous expression - But now my blue feet little bear will laugh a little more.
- No Shimmehehehehers! - shouted the bear of request, as soon as his companion tickled her body for a few more minutes, but she knew that after that she would surely be entitled to a rematch and would make her beloved bear also laugh with happiness among hot kisses and loving words.