I'm not very happy with how this piece turned out, but I'm posting it anyway as I'd like to see my improvement over time.
It's a bit of an oversaturated nightmare. I did use references, but I think that I should have still tried to tone down the colors in the background desipte them being accurate-ish so the character would stand out more. I could have spent some more time layering a bit and maybe some more detailing, but I'm finding layering and blending a little difficult with the Artist's Loft pencils that I'm using (wouldn't recommend buying them, too expensive for what they are).
Anyway, I hope to look back on this piece in a few months or years and see more progress since then. I'm glad I finished it as well, I'd rather not leave too long a trail of unfinished pieces!
3 months, 3 weeks ago
01 Feb 2018 08:16 CET
Full Size: b6704770001219a362111e1869414ebd