Hey watchers. Every now and again I come up with original recipes or variants on existing ones. Here's an awesome summer treat that's super easy and looks fancy and impressive.
3-4 large oranges
Your favorite Berries (blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, ect)
Your favorite orange flavored alcohol (I recommend Triple Sec)
1) Cut in half two of the largest oranges and gently hollow them out, being careful not to break the skin. Squeeze the innards and reserve the juice. Freeze and reserve the shells. These will serve as your bowls.
2) Zest the remaining oranges, limes, and lemon. Reserve the zest
3) Juice the zested fruit and discard the remains. Reserve the juice
4) Soften the sherbert by adding 2 tbsp of each juice and 4-6 ounces of the liquor to one serving size sherbert. Once soft, gently fold in your berries. Place the sherbert, alcohol, and berry mix into your frozen orange bowels and serve with the whipped cream martini. (Below)
Whipped Cream Martini
1) Pour approx. 6 ounces of heavy cream into an electric mixing bowl.
2) Using a wire whisk, set mixing speed to medium.
3) Gradually add 6 tbsp powdered sugar to the mixing cream. For a sweeter cream, adjust to taste.
4) Turn mixer speed to medium-high
5) Add about 4-6 ounces of orange alcohol depending on desired taste.
6) Add 3 ounces orange juice squeezed from the innards and any extra fruit. Add lemon and lime zest to taste and for visual appeal. Add lemon and lime juice
6) Whip until the cream forms soft peaks. About 3-4 min. If peaks are not forming due to high liquid concentration, add 2 ounces of cream.
7) Drop or squeeze the whipped cream into a martini glass and garnish with any remaining zest.
5 years, 5 months ago
18 Jun 2013 02:44 CEST