challenged me, and I must answer his challenge lest I be thought of as a coward! So prepare foolish mortals: Here are the rules for stating your unpopular gaming opinions.
1. You ain't gotta defend a damn thing. They're not wrong gaming opinions, just unpopular ones. 2. Tag some people when you're done so it will spread around.
It Begins! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ - Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the best Sonic the Hedgehog games in the last decade or so, the worst of course is a three way tie between Sonic (2006), Sonic Unleashed, and Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Dragon Age is one of Bioware's best IPs, and as such, while it's a good series, Mass Effect comes nowhere near as good. If I were to put it plain and simple, David Gaider is a thousand times better storyteller than that lying homophobic sellout Casey Hudson.
-Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger were the best games Square Soft had to offer and are, in fact some of the best games in the entire history of RPG's.
- Final Fantasy VII is nothing but a cyberpunk ripoff of the much superior steampunk Final Fantasy VI. Cloud and Sephirioth are just absolutely the worst characters in the entire game.
- Final Fantasy VIII is a good game that tried to take the series in a new direction. I liked what it tried to do and appreciated the kind of story it was trying to tell, however, I think that it suffered from a lot of shortcuts and a rush development.
-Final Fantasy XIII is an abomination. It's the absolute worst. I hate it and you should too. Nothing about this game is redeemable. The characters or flat, boring, and horrid. The story is contrived and so full of plot-holes. It's a damn travesty to the art of storytelling finally and the gameplay serves absolutely no purpose at all. The entire game is a waste of money and time.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the best Zelda game in literal decades, with a few of the others standing out pretty damn well (Majora's Mask and Wind Waker being the second best) Like Final Fantasy 7, Ocarina of Time is nothing but a shameless re-imagining of a much superior game that came before it.
- Fallout 3 is not a great Fallout game. It's good, but not great. However, Fallout New Vegas is much better in a lot of ways.
- The Mega Man Legends games were pretty fun. Much better than any of the latest mega man games that have been made.
-Any MMO that you have to pay a monthly fee for is a waste of time and money if you already "bought" it before hand.
- DLC for most games is waste of money unless you buy it when it's on sale since most of it isn't anything special, (IE: It's something they already have created) The best kinds of DLC is the kind they released far after the original games release, as more often than not it was something that got cut during development and not planned to be sold as "DLC".
- Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is one of the best examples of how First Person Roleplaying games should be. And one of the best examples of how tabletop RPGs can be converted into a video game format. Just like the Neverwinter Nights series for D&D.
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the Best of the series.
-The Metroid Prime Trilogy is leagues better than Other M, and Other M completely trashed everything the previous games established over the years.
- Old PC/DOS games like King's Quest and Quest for Glory were some of the greatest computers games ever made. Far more better than the Ultima Series, which was pretty good at times.
- Most Horror games are stupid nowadays. It's rare to find a genuinely scary horror game. Like Silent Hill 2 or the original Resident Evil game. Some other great scary games are Eternal Darkness, System Shock 2, and the CHZO Mythos series just to name a few more.
- Same-Sex romance options are important to most games that I play. I don't care if you are apart of the straight white male demographic. If you give me the option to completely customize my character however I want, then I should be given the same option to have my character pursue the gender of their choice when it comes to romance or sex. It's not called pandering. It's called being fair and open-minded.
- System Shock 2 is one of the greatest games I've ever played, and it's been copied so much by other games it's absolutely fucking ridiculous. Bioshock was a good game, but it's just a water-downed (it's a pun!) version of a much superior game that came before it. And Dead Space (the first at least) was EA's attempt to try and remake System Shock 2 and suck horribly at doing it too.
- Team Fortress 2 is not a good game. It's just another generic FPS game with some wacky looking characters. Valve has made much better games that deserves your attention.
- There needs to be more single player games and less multiplayer games. A lot of games are suffering because most of their resources are being funneled into shitty mutliplayer aspects most companies are just going to abandon after a few years when it stops being profitable.
- The new Starcraft games are actually pretty damn good. Everyone else just can't remove their nostalgia glasses because of the mistakes Blizzard has made with Diablo 3 and Warcraft.
- The Elder Scrolls series are good games, but people, they are not that great. Especially since with each new version they keep dumbing them down.
-Story is one of the most important elements to a game. It doesn't matter if the graphics are bad, if the story is amazing, I'll keep playing it. However, It still needs to have gameplay elements in it in order to be a game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- I hereby challenge the following people to give us reasons to irrationally hate them!