For those of you who know me know I bring cookies to rainfurrest every single year. This year, I am parting with my recipe so others may make them and enjoy them for other events or at home. I will be handing out a limited number of copies of this at the con (I'm taking 39 with me). so if you see me, go ahead and ask for a copy!
Mortain Lumpen’s Rainfurrest Chocolate Screaming Orgasm Cookies of Doom!
6 cups all-purpose flour (Unsifted)
2 ¼ Cup 100% dark bakers cocoa (Higher quality the better)
3 Teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
6 teaspoons real vanilla extract (don’t use the imitation stuff)
3 ¾ cup Unsalted sweet cream butter (8 ½ sticks)@ room temperature
6 cups sugar (or Splenda)
6 eggs at room temperature
10 oz. Peanut Butter chips (usually one bag)
10 oz. 60% Cacao bittersweet chocolate chips (I usually use Ghirardelli’s brand)
10-12 oz. Milk chocolate chips (again Ghirardelli’s brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together dry ingredients (flour, bakers cocoa, baking soda and salt.)
3. Beat separately, butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until very creamy and almost white.
4. Add eggs and vanilla to butter/sugar mix and beat well again till creamed.
5. Gradually add in flour mixture stirring by hand (or using your washed hands) in 5 equal parts.
6. Combine all chips together until evenly mixed
7. Once all ingredients are incorporated well (it should look like dark mud) stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips until distributed evenly throughout the mixture, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl well.
8. Using a small spoon (or smallish cookie scoop) drop rounded teaspoons onto an un-greased cookie sheet, spaced evenly.
9. Bake8-9 minutes. (Do not over bake! Cookies are meant to be soft! The cookies wills lightly puff up while baking and collapse when pulled out to cool. This is O.K.)
10. Let cool slightly before removing them from the sheet to give them time to set up (a couple of minutes should do.)
11. Remove to cooling racks to finish cooling. Keephandling to a minimum as cookies might break and fall apart if still warm.
The cookies don’t do well with lots of handling. Store in airtight container. Goes well with milk. Makes A LOT of cookies (like 12+ dozen)!
7 years, 7 months ago
21 Sep 2011 00:27 CEST