tiler I would like to keep it at 4 players for now. It is a large group already and I don't know how it works out over the net. Especially coordination gets more and more complicated.
1) The characters: We have chatted about them and most have an idea where they wanna go. Some of you probably want to keep a digital character sheet. That is okay with me, but I can't help you with those. I only use paper ones. During the first stream I will show you how the stats/skills work and fill out a sheet. I will use this one ==> CharSheet So best is I'd guess, if you don't know how to fill out, do it with me on paper first and then transfer it to the digital one (if you want to use one).
2) The setting: The majority would like no steampunk and prefer a mediveal setting. So I will give it the usual medieval/high fantasy/high magic Pathfinder setting, but with my personal ideas to distinguish it from other stuff you may know. Magical constructs like Golems will exist though (I don't consider them steam punk... but they will be rare). And firearms might be existing somewhere, but they much likely will not appear in the campain.
3) Magical Items: There will be no Magic Item Wallmart where you can just buy all the magic gear you want/need (Basic stuff of course yes... but stronger more spezialised stuff not). But it is possible to get almost anything. You might just have to do something to earn it. Makes the item feel more rewarding too. Also you can be creative in making them yourself. I handle crafting and enchanting items far less strict then the standard system (that is one of my few houserules).
4) Statistics: I would offer you two possiblities how to make your character. Point buy (you buy the stats to fit your need) or a fixed set of values you can distribute. The latter will much likely have more general power but might not fit everyone's taste, while the first one is more flexible but a bit weaker. To keep it fair everyone should use the same method. So please tell me what you prefer. EDIT: I decided on POINT BUY. Allows more flexibility on creation. For those interested. 80 points to spend. Values up to 14 cost 1 point each. 15 + 16 cost 2 points. 17 + 18 cost 3 points. Don't worry if you don't know what that means I will explain when we make the characters. 10-11 is an average score. Your no-name commoner has 10-11 in each stat. 12-13 is above average. 14-15 is pretty good. 16-17 is very good. 18 is almost super human already. For example: A human with 18 Strength can carry up to 100 pounds of stuff with him, without it impacting any of his abilities. 18 Intelligence is considered already Genius level intellect.
5) Would you like the stream to be public or private?
6) TIME: I have made a table comparing the times and it seems like Saturday evening is our day. Due to the timezones it should look like this: For me and Joshi it would be around 20:00 to 20:30 pm. For Kurty and fscribe around 13:00 to 13:30 pm And for tiler around 13:30 to 14:00 pm End is open to you.
I will try to make a session this saturday around these times (I dunno if this Sa is free for me yet). With the inkbunny anouncement system everyone should get the exact time ;3 Don't worry if you come too late to the first stream. It will be mostly explaining the system and making/finishing the characters. Then we will also see if I calculated the times right.
Also if we have exchanged Skype names I might text you and ask stuff... or you can do the same :3