So I used a Vista machine today (32 bit) and tried it. I learned that the download progress won't show, but the downloader is actually running. This is due to an IPC function the downloader uses to communicate with the main exe. Vista apperently doesn't like that or doesn't have whatever that function uses.
So, that's about all that I could see for myself anyway. I also had a friend test it out on his 64 bit Vista machine. I had find another way to fetch the XML so it would display the video results at all. Funny thing is, the old way worked fine on the machine I tested myself, but not on his...hmph.. The progress on downloads is also broken on his just like on the test machine.
So that's really all I can do atm. This coding stuff is driving my batshit crazy ^///^ I just wanna get back into a nice art groove and do something that feels natural instead of forced :)